Sign in to follow this  
Tipper

The Oafish Maze | Xanadu K22 | Exploration | Puzzling

rDb7lQ5.jpg

The Oafish Maze is a puzzle* and maze experience situated on an 18x16 deed carved out of the local birch forest. Approximately 1.2k sprouts were used in its construction. A chest containing instructions lies just inside the maze's front gate, which is located on the deed's north side.

There's a beginning and an end, but uncovering the maze's deepest secrets will necessitate exploring it fully and decoding an ancient message. The Oafish Maze is now open to explorers and should remain that way 24/7/365. There are certificates of completion to be retrieved at the end. (Please forum-PM me if you get that far.)

While visiting The Oafish Maze, be sure to greet the resident Champion Unicorn, who wandered onto the property quite mysteriously during its construction. For days, he roamed the maze, eventually trampling down an area (now paved) where he lounges about and waits to be fed potatoes.

*The puzzle is down for the moment. I may reopen it later. You can still go from the beginning to the end.

XAPuR6r.jpg

Vklu31E.jpg

Construction spanned from January - April, 2015 and is covered in this WIP album.

Route from Whitefay/Valkyrie Highway

Spoiler

hAH9sQx.jpg

Maze Map w/o solution

Spoiler

EefeMf9.jpg

Maze Map w/route to end

Spoiler

gACRfzA.jpg

WZ1Lmrv.jpg

Edited by Tipper
  • Like 16

Coming in to the second weekend, the prize is still very much in play. Also, this stupid unicorn isn't getting any younger.

A must interesting puzzle.

Solved it today, was most surprised to find that it had not already been solved.

A big thank you to Tipper for building the maze, and setting the puzzle.

• Like 1

Awesome! It reminded me instantly of one of my favorite flicks..... The Labyrinth..... Can't wait to come see it!!

the overseer

55Q5CK9.jpg

Edited by Tipper

While visiting The Oafish Maze, be sure to greet the resident Champion Unicorn, who wandered onto the property quite mysteriously during its construction. For days, he roamed the maze, eventually trampling down an area (now paved) where he lounges about and waits to be fed potatoes.

My favorite part of your post! The resident Champion Unicorn, lounging around waiting to be fed potatoes. Long may this potato aficionado live!

Happy Trails

=Ayes=

• Like 2

Has anybody else solved the puzzle in the maze? It would be a real shame if they haven't.

I recommend everyone should take a visit to the maze it really is pretty neat :P    Enjoyed mine ....

Has anybody else solved the puzzle in the maze? It would be a real shame if they haven't.

Far as I know, you're still the only one to make it all the way to the end! Several people have made it up to the last hurdle/riddle but got stuck.

There should continue to be certificates of completion at the very end; I'll make more as they decay.

Far as I know, you're still the only one to make it all the way to the end! Several people have made it up to the last hurdle/riddle but got stuck.

There should continue to be certificates of completion at the very end; I'll make more as they decay.

Butcher and Khalija didn't solve it? *gasp*

Butcher and Khalija didn't solve it? *gasp*

And they got zero hints. Rules is rules.

• Like 1

I visited the maze afew weeks back and must say IT ABSOLUTELY ROCKS! It was great to see such imagination in the game!! My favorite part was the purty unicorn ;) Awesome work man!

I need to run up and check it out one of these days... may after the impalong... that will put me a lot closer.

How many people have you had try the maze? Curious cause I am about half way through building an enormous labyrinth and now starting to question whether its worth the trouble. please let know in game or here, thanks

does it require for you to be there to hand over keys or clues ? or it can be finished by anyone ?

does it require for you to be there to hand over keys or clues ? or it can be finished by anyone ?

It can be finished by anyone, anytime. Everything is out in the open or can be reached with a little pushing and pulling. You'll know you're finished if you find a certificate of completion. (Need to make some fresh ones ...) EDIT Have made some fresh ones.

Edited by Tipper

Sadly the deed for this maze dropped over a year ago. While the hedge part of the maze is still there, though the local birch forest is slowly reclaiming the grass tiles, all the objects that made up the puzzle have long since decayed :(

From what I can remember, the puzzle aspect used a number of clues scattered through the maze (the clues being written on paper and placed in large chests), the answer to each clue being an object placed in the maze that had a letter for a name. The letters built up a riddle which when solved led to a location in the maze which the prize (or a paper certificate) was hidden.

Edited by Wulfmaer