Sign in to follow this  
Alectrys

pmk.jar and META-INF/MANIFEST.MF failures [Resolved]

A number of people seem to be having issues loading the client today, receiving download errors.

Some have solved the issue by deleting a temp pmk jar file from their directory, others have solved it by deleting pmk.jar as well and others have solved it (temporarily) by unchecking the graphics download in the client pack updates tab on the launcher.

I don't have word on a solution, but I'd like to consolidate all the reports in one place so that we can bring the issue to the attention of the devs for a solution.

Here are some of the threads I found with the issue and how people have solved it for themselves.   Please report here if you've found something that works.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/122383-cannot-upload-the-game-from-patch/

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/122363-cant-start-wurm/

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/122368-pmk-jar-failure-on-pve-servers/

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/122361-client-stops-downloading/

• Like 2

Same happening to me, I just unchecked. After i finish something on wurm I will try deleting the temp first, then if that doesnt work deleting both temp and regular.

Will update this post with results.

EDIT: Deleting the Temp didn't work for me. Deleting both did.

EDIT2: downloading of the graphics pack is going REALLY slowly for me. speed test shows i have 70Mbs download.... idk why its so slow.

EDIT3: Deleting didnt work. have to disable.

Edited by Nicrolis

happened to me as well. i unchecked optional graphics update.  and it worked for me now.

happened to me as well. i unchecked optional graphics update.  and it worked for me now.

Same here. Uncheck the optional graphics update, and it'll stop trying to download and will let you into the game.

I can't imagine anyone's actually getting in with that enabled, as it's obviously borked in some fashion.

The people that are getting in likely don't have optional updates enabled in the first place.

No problem here either but I have one time had an issue while I was already running another client ( I figured the temp file was occupied).

I am re- quoting myself but we need official help and response. Sorry but only way to be heard is this 

Still having the issue. Even after i delete the pmk.jar.tmp.

I also deleted the pmk file and downloaded it again still the same issue. Its not like i cant play the game but every week we are encountering such problems and no solution is observed or no word from the staff. Why things in Wurm are always delayed and no quick response is obtained. Also only players are seen helping other players.

Thus i request developers to help each and every player to play the game and all the problems they are facing regarding client downloaded or game not starting, to be resolved ASAP. How can we play a game without even starting the game in perfect conditions?

Also game changes and addition of new features can wait but this is a major issue and should be dealt seriously.

Personally we play wurm to refresh ourselves and lately players are more frustrated due to these issue. 

Thanks for reading and i hope a proper response team is made to help players who face any problems related to client or game mechanics.

Edited by Gaul

Latest update: I went to Epic and then came back, thus i resolved my problem this way. Not sure if the problem is gone for everyone or not. Still happy to finally play the game in perfect condition for now.

Edited by Gaul

My neighbor in-game had the same issue yesterday after a java update and she turned off the graphic update as well.  When she logged in this morning I asked her to log out, turn the graphic update back on and try again.  She was able to get back in successfully.

Can those of you who had the issue, turn your graphics update back on and try again? 

I unchecked "Experimental" and it worked for me after that.  (Did delete the tmp file at some point as well)

Checking the Graphics pack update to On again this morning has worked for me.   Doing a verify now but it looks like it's going to work.

I had the issue at home yesterday.  I didn't try it at work yesterday, but today it is starting like normal.  When I get home in a couple of hours I will re-check graphics and let you know if its back to normal there too.   :D

The box is checked and all is good!   :)

Edited by Dorian
  • Like 1

Confirmed. I was able to log in and play today with an updated graphics pack (toggled on).

• Like 1

I am now able to log in with both accounts at the same time with the graphics jar checkbox active

• Like 1

Initial issue: Client would not continue the update past pmk.jar 3%.

Verified I had the latest Java.

Deleted the game. Attempts to reinstall from the Wurm website unsuccessful. The game will not download.

Initial issue began April 23, 2015. I have been attempting to launch the client since then.

​Update: Resolved. Mac had updated & defaulted to "limiting App downloads from identified developers."  pfft - everyone should know Wurm!

Edited by Arete

Thank you all for reporting the issue and also for confirming that it had been resolved.

• Like 1