Sign in to follow this  
pkerguy

What's your craziest Wurm story?

Very simple, just post something crazy or funny (crazily funny?) that once happened to you in Wurm online.

I will start.

It was nearly a year ago, it happened a few days after i returned to playing after a few months of inactivity. I had no home and nothing to my name except a couple of yellow potions and a long sword and some spare change.

I needed iron one day to build my house so i ended up surveying an enclosed location around the only iron mine that i remember, it wasn't deeded anymore but it did have fences and a gatehouse. I noticed that it was unusually empty than i remember when i checked it the day i returned, there was barely anything except for a forge next to the mine entrance and some empty BSBs.

Since the gatehouse was unlocked i just assumed the owners moved on and took liberty going in and mining some iron, i used to forge and made myself some nails, but to my surprise just as i was about to leave, the two 'owners' got back (i heard the gatehouse door open), i took a peek and sure enough, they were there on their wagon and blocking the only exit out..

I freaked out and quickly snuffed the forge and hid every trace that i left, i couldn't let them find me because i was worried about being mistaken for a thief or whatnot, they didn't see me but they started chatting me up on local as i could see them coming my way, so i hid graphically 'inside' the forge but as i was still showing up in graphic a little bit, i used one of my yellow potions and (luckily) turned into a pile of items graphic image, which is significantly smaller in size than the human model.

Sure enough they passed right by me several times as they went in and out of the mine, i didn't want to log off because i was worried they may lock the gatehouse and pretty much lock me up inside, so i waited the next time they went inside the mine, and made a run for the exit, basically a pile of items running as fast as it can right out the door.

I felt like Snake from Metal Gear for the rest of the day  :P  

Side note : i found out they were indeed moving out and they were just loading all their left BSBs and they later even took the actual forge that i hid inside, which thankfully i cleared just a few minutes from them loading it up and mosey-ing out town.  :blink:  

• Like 4

Clicking Download button for wurmonline..

but for real

Turning Freedom docks / The Howl hill from full pinewood to clean steppe [90slopes] and not flattening any resting spots, in order to keep it clean.. >_<

1-3trees chopped, slide down and walk up few minutes and repeat haha. Challenges in terraforming are the best

Of course I also died 3 times.

Other crazy story was going solo in my first 3days at chaos when i was tired of waiting for action.. lost my horse to a crocodile in water, had templars and guards on me, bear also.. then suddenly remembered karma teleport :)

• Like 2

Had a newbie in my village by the name of Gorgonkain.  He was an avid explorer and died all the time.  Seriously, he never went out roaming without dying.  Anyhow, he pleaded with my brother and I to help him find his corpse in the wilderness.  We explained to him many times to not take valuable items on long adventures, but alas he was learning the hard way.  Anyhow we set out on a journey to find his corpse.  Mind you he died about 6 or 7 times in the same area, so finding the proper corpse with his items was a huge pain.

Long story and boring details short, we ended up getting a couple priests to help and cast locate spells from across the server.  We used these directions to triangulate a location, and after finding many of his corpses we finally came upon the proper body.  This whole crappy event lasted about 2 hours and was a waste of my time. lol

I wouldn't say this is my craziest story, but one of the more unfortunate ones.  The many deaths of Gorgonkain were astonishing, and he's still listed as the chief of dying in the Storm's End wiki page.

The day I realized fountain backpacks got ninja'd and it was possible to drag the fountain out of it... I cried a bit the day I lost 40euro in 1 click...

I had recently started playing and was looking for a place to settle down on Exodus with my friend. We were eyeballing a spot on a mountain that appeared uninhabited so we climbed up there to look around but during our trek we had both diminished our food bars so we killed a mountain lion, cut down a single tree and started a fire to cook the meat. Around this time the owner of a deed further up the mountain logged in, saw our fire and slid down the mountain to investigate. For some reason or another, cutting down one overaged pine tree in "his" forest made this guy so upset that after he finished yelling at me for 5 minutes in local he cut down every tree in sight and burned them in my campfire while I was waiting for my food to cool, just so I couldn't have the wood. I never said anything to the guy, just ignored him and went to build a place a bit east in the Golden Woods instead. Around 6 months later my place was fine and all but I never deeded anything so the same dude came by us and plopped an empty deed outside our walls to extend the perimeter over us just so we couldn't repair anything in an attempt to drive us out of the area. I've never seen that level of butthurt before or since.

Got in fight with a Regular mountain lion (no traits, not champion or anything, just aged or so). 70 fight skill, enchanted lifestealing ~75QL axe, ~60QL plate armor, rare 40QL large metal shield. 1v1, even terrain, but in water. Mountain lion hit me for full damage about 50 times in a row (I had to escape and bandage up from the brink of death twice), 0 parries, 0 misses, 0 blocks with shield. I managed to hit the lion twice. Playermods insisted this was not a break in the code, and that despite the fact that statistically speaking, I'm more likely to win the lottery 3 times in a row than have this outcome, apparently it's normal to have 'really bad luck'. Considering under similar circumstances I can kill trolls in the water and crocodiles, I know it's not the water that did it (alone, even though it gives a penalty)

Got in fight with a Regular mountain lion (no traits, not champion or anything, just aged or so). 70 fight skill, enchanted lifestealing ~75QL axe, ~60QL plate armor, rare 40QL large metal shield. 1v1, even terrain, but in water. Mountain lion hit me for full damage about 50 times in a row (I had to escape and bandage up from the brink of death twice), 0 parries, 0 misses, 0 blocks with shield. I managed to hit the lion twice. Playermods insisted this was not a break in the code, and that despite the fact that statistically speaking, I'm more likely to win the lottery 3 times in a row than have this outcome, apparently it's normal to have 'really bad luck'. Considering under similar circumstances I can kill trolls in the water and crocodiles, I know it's not the water that did it (alone, even though it gives a penalty)

Nah that was buggy.  This wouldn't happen normally.  It's not like rolling the dice and getting a random number.  There are a lot more factors involved in fighting and the random outcomes.  Such complexity pretty much wouldn't allow for such an outcome.  I of course say this from a stand point of mathematical reasoning, and not from any knowledge of the equation used to randomize outcomes in the game.  Math would allow that the more complex an event is, the more unlikely it is to yield the same symmetrical outcome in a given amount of time.  Taking into account the fighting skill of a mountain lion vs your fighting skill along with a dozen other variables that change the equation, the likely hood of a simple repetitive outcome of you getting hit over and over again with no other outcomes taking place is nearly impossible.  I won't say completely impossible, because nothing is truly impossible is it?

Anyhow, that's my take on your situation.  I suppose I could be wrong of course and have no clue what I'm talking about, but erring on the side of complex equations equaling complex and diverse results seems logical to me.

While exploring years ago, I once built a fence ladder up to the top of one of the highest mountains on Chaos.

When I got up I ran into people of the same kingdom who believed I was an enemy spy and attacked me. Fortunately I was able to twig away.

Best part of it wad when they asked me how did you get up here?! I answered that I built a fence ladder up the side of the mountain. They were like, You did WHAT??!???

• Like 1

Once upon a time I lead a crew of 40+ people to kill Steve the Kyklops on Independence.  It was an open invitation set a week in advance, so we had a lot of people turn up.  We grouped near the Eastern Plains as we awaited a few stragglers.  On our way through the mountain pass to the tundra we lost a few people.  We made base camp about 50 tiles downhill from Steve, with many people toting tents and a few carriages.  We all gathered for a group picture, and then set on our path to kill the might Steve.  There was a village nearby, so we had the two bait-fish attract him into the village, and had the owner change permissions to allow everyone to fight the creature.

At first we had trouble with a few people that wouldn't back off the Kyklops so the bait-fish could lure him into the village.  After threatening to leave them out of the prize roll, they slowly backed off.  Alas we finally made it into the village gates with Steve in tow.  We all stood around for a moment or two as we yelled at the village leader to change permissions, so we could defend ourselves from Steve's attacks.  Finally with all of the bumps out of the way, we decimated Steve is record fashion.  It only took us a couple of minutes to kill him, whereas it took us a couple of hours to herd everyone in one direction.  When the body dropped, one of the more sour players in the group snatched it up.  He said he only wanted to prove a point about how easy it would be to steal the corpse and loot.  He finally gave the corpse back over to me when I assured him he'd get a roll in the lottery for the loot.  We setup a random roll, most people lost of course, but a few were happy with the outcome.

Overall we had a good fun time.  There were a few known complainers in the group, whom I shall not name.  Shads was one of those complainers, but in the end of the day I think he had fun just like the rest of us.  We all said our "thanks" and "great event" and bid farewell to go our separate ways.

The end.

• Like 1

One time I had a bear targeted at the white light and then got pulled into an emergency meeting at work. Because I had the bear targeted some no-name scrub from JK who was there to priest killed me and I didn't autodefend. There was then a panic'd race of MR trying to track him to get my gear back and JK trying to get to him to protect/fight us.

Luckily he was such a noob that he somehow managed to run to the doorstep of my deed where we killed him.

RIP me

They still don't let me live it down :(

• Like 3