Sign in to follow this  
amberain80

An answer to Rite of Death

whats the problem with fo having a spell to do the same thing, just with grass?, i mean, no one here is trying to get...drain health/Rotting gut/worm brains/fungus trap/sol/truhit nerfed, generally every WLer in the thread is fine with a fo spell that works the same way, it wouldn't be a nerf to RoD, you could spread mcy just as you did before, just fo would have a perfectly equal balance to do the same with grass

Don't sit there and tell people to get a shovel and start packing either, thats not equal, not a balanced mechanic, either both kingdoms should have a method to spawn their more favoured(honestly WL doesnt even get any boost on grass, its jsut about being able to get ride of a wide chunck of mcy with some alters and desecrating) or neither should

Also dont say "build fo alters" thats a extremely slow process.

So, you want all priests to be exactly the same, except for BL. You get to choose between 4 faiths, we get two (increased numbers due to Tosiek ascending).

Honestly, if the dev's were to give you a spell that does the same thing only with grass, we should get 3 more faiths to choose from and a spell that gives us 5 hours of sleep bonus. And I assure you, it wouldn't take BL's 288+ days to recast that

The fact of the matter is, not all priests are the same. We get the same core spells, bless, nolo, locate, ect. But each priest has a niche. Complaining about BL spells (especially ones that just spread fungus.... entirely too laughable) without considering the tools WLers have at thier disposal with Vyn, Fo, AND mag priests is honestly.... funny

• Like 1

Jock, don't play dumb, BL can heal off mycelium. BL has a huge advantage on mycelium, and we don't have a similar spell to counter the mass mycelium spam that BL can do EVERY 18 HOURS.

we dont have fo priests to heal us all at once either to 100% health

• Like 1

Wurm's never been balanced... After Tosiek the message was clear that the Devs don't really care about balance until people start complaining in droves. So how is any of this new?

Sure its crap, you know what else is crap? Wurm PvP, that's what.

Instead of fighting each other on the forums because PvP is crap, band together and pressure Rolf into making a proper effort to making PvP worth the money you spend on the game.

*Heads to the Heart of the Mists*

Edited by KanePT

we dont have fo priests to heal us all at once either to 100% health

Yes because the changes to the map Light of Fo makes are so hard to fix... oh wait that's right it has no effect on the map.

Jock, don't play dumb, BL can heal off mycelium. BL has a huge advantage on mycelium

This makes me laugh.. 

Mycelium is a 10 second timer which heals 7 damage and triggers a 30 second cooldown..

If you give us enough time to heal ourselves off Mycelium (Say 3-4 minutes+ to fully heal) then you're clearly doing something wrong!

Especially if you can't hit for more then 7 damage lol..

The timer can be interrupted very easily! And the tile is destroyed once used!

The greatest benefit we get from the mycelium is not being required to eat meals.. 

Edited by takatsuki

Yes because the changes to the map Light of Fo makes are so hard to fix... oh wait that's right it has no effect on the map.

Yep, Light of fo gives you healing no matter what the map looks like, Being BL only gives you the ability by using a mycelium tile.

I have to wonder how many people who are complaining about this were also involved in dropping volcanoes on HotA.

Yep, Light of fo gives you healing no matter what the map looks like, Being BL only gives you the ability by using a mycelium tile.

Because BL has no spell called Scorn of Libila that does aoe damage and aoe heals right?

people turning this into personal arguments versus what wrong with the idea of WL being able spread grass.

• Like 2

Rite of Spring too Stronk.... Gives all Vyn followers 5 hours sleep bonus. this only effects Vyn followers on the server. Ples make it so it only effects Vyn followers in Vyn domain as Rite of death only works in Lib domain.

K THANKS

• Like 2

Have RoD give 5 hours of SB as well as spread myc. Holy crop remove myc in Fo domain. And on the topic of removing altars/building out own, would like to comment on how long it takes for a WL altar to remove myc, I built WL altars around myc areas in JK land about 3 months before ele went down, that area still had not reverted to grass lands before the server shut down.

• Like 1

Because BL has no spell called Scorn of Libila that does aoe damage and aoe heals right?

Scorn of Libila requires doing dmg in order to heal, right? light of fo dont. or any other of the healing spells.

This makes me laugh.. 

Mycelium is a 10 second timer which heals 7 damage and triggers a 30 second cooldown..

If you give us enough time to heal ourselves off Mycelium (Say 3-4 minutes+ to fully heal) then you're clearly doing something wrong!

Especially if you can't hit for more then 7 damage lol..

The timer can be interrupted very easily! And the tile is destroyed once used!

The greatest benefit we get from the mycelium is not being required to eat meals.. 

dont forget, we cant heal our horses with healing spells, oh thats right, we dont have healing spells, its only life stealing type spells. +1 for fo priests!

people turning this into personal arguments versus what wrong with the idea of WL being able spread grass.

examples

dont forget, we cant heal our horses with healing spells, oh thats right, we dont have healing spells, its only life stealing type spells. +1 for fo priests!

Rite of Spring too Stronk.... Gives all Vyn followers 5 hours sleep bonus. this only effects Vyn followers on the server. Ples make it so it only effects Vyn followers in Vyn domain as Rite of death only works in Lib domain.

K THANKS

I have to wonder how many people who are complaining about this were also involved in dropping volcanoes on HotA.

How does this relate???? would quote most of thread but I HOPE we get the point.

EDIT:added examples

Edited by shankiest

I think it's great that bl upset jk with a spell, but lets be honest here really. 

Arguing about it nerfing bl or whatever it is going on is kinda... silly..  Nobody can deny that removing mycellium is a painfully slow process no matter which way you look at it.  Did making altars take time?  ok sure it did, but.. are you using that land?  Is it your home?  Do you even spend any time there?  Does it even provide a benefit for you? (as bl are talking down myc...)  So what are you losing out on if a simple counter spell/change is made?

We all know it was done to try "griefing" jk/rome(?), don't try to play it off as people are trying to remove benefits for bl

It may be funny now, but it won't be funny when people take it too far and spam the entire map when they see how easy it is to do so.  Give a counter and make both only work in kingdom influence (get rid of the altar requirement), as in your own kingdom it still benefits you where you live and prevents using these spells for griefing

• Like 3

Scorn of Libila requires doing dmg in order to heal, right? light of fo dont. or any other of the healing spells.

I'm sorry but that's beyond the point of my/his reply, he claimed the only heal you get is myc(his whole point in that post) which is untrue you get Scorn/Drain Health(still a heal no matter if it deals damage to) which is a heal other than myc but regardless where not here preaching about how things need to be 100% even.  There just asking that a spell that can terraform very large portions of the map has a counter for the wl that's not get your shovel out for 50 hours every couple months compared to you guys dropping some altars every couple months or so and casting a 300 favor spell(so much work to get those 4-5 priests together I know).

Edited by Darklords
  • Like 1

I think it's great that bl upset jk with a spell, but lets be honest here really. 

Arguing about it nerfing bl or whatever it is going on is kinda... silly..  Nobody can deny that removing mycellium is a painfully slow process no matter which way you look at it.  Did making altars take time?  ok sure it did, but.. are you using that land?  Is it your home?  Do you even spend any time there?  Does it even provide a benefit for you? (as bl are talking down myc...)  So what are you losing out on if a simple counter spell/change is made?

We all know it was done to try "griefing" jk/rome(?), don't try to play it off as people are trying to remove benefits for bl

It may be funny now, but it won't be funny when people take it too far and spam the entire map when they see how easy it is to do so.  Give a counter and make both only work in kingdom influence (get rid of the altar requirement), as in your own kingdom it still benefits you where you live and prevents using these spells for griefing

Griefing? Dont be silly. We made the myc on the hota where nobody else but BL goes. It is our home

• Like 2

Is it our home, no

Do we spend time there, Yes (BL seems to be the only ones using the hota mainland..... See current hota wins.... BL 4, WL 0)

Does it provide benifit to us, slightly, only very slightly

The biggest thing is we all use the mainland, BL spreading a little myc is really not as huge of a deal as WL seems to be trying to make it. 

Have RoD give 5 hours of SB as well as spread myc. Holy crop remove myc in Fo domain. And on the topic of removing altars/building out own, would like to comment on how long it takes for a WL altar to remove myc, I built WL altars around myc areas in JK land about 3 months before ele went down, that area still had not reverted to grass lands before the server shut down.

Nobody is saying to add 5 hours of SB to RoD.... Nobody is saying "make WL altars to remove the myc"

We simply stated that comparing RoS to RoD is comparing apples to oranges.... they don't function the same, so why ask them to do so with the added benifit of giving WL's SB. I also stated that not all priests are equal, and not intended to function in the same way. But this seems to be what WL is asking for. Apparently having a variety of spell lists at your disposal isn't enough. It just sounds like you are wanting to "compete with the Jones's"

And finally, is it really that hard to use a shovel? last I checked it's just a right click... sure, takes time... but so does making altars, planting them, imping them, ect...

Honestly I think the easiest fix to this whole problem is to allow any kingdom to choose any faith without it having to be an "alt". All kingdoms having access to all spells would add more balance to pvp than ANY nerf/buff rolf has done to priests in the past

Honestly I think the easiest fix to this whole problem is to allow any kingdom to choose any faith without it having to be an "alt". All kingdoms having access to all spells would add more balance to pvp than ANY nerf/buff rolf has done to priests in the past

That doesn't really help anything as some of us don't want myc, so it doesn't solve much

Bl always rally to defend their broken Priests/kingdom. But whatever some People need that crutch I guess. Can't handle any talk of balance or they start squeling like piggies.

im not sure what the issue is

giving WL a spell to turn fo influence into grass is the exact same ability you have, the only difference is you can turn our tree tiles into mycelium, we cant turn infected trees back to grass regardless.

I could understand if it was a problem of being unique, but really you lose nothing. I mean you say to build altars to keep grass, you build yours to make mycelium and keep mycelium, what if i have to fill in my huge 1500x1500 dirt pit with grass and i can't afford to wait?

This is a serious issue, both JK, Roman Republic, and MR suffer from the issue of 1500x1500 dirt pits needing to be turned into greenery. It has caused 100s of players to quit the game.

Edited by Propheteer

IMO both rite of death and rite of spring are ###### (from JK perspective).

Rite of death is pretty much just a griefing tool. Rite of spring gives every Vynora follower online full sleep bonus, .1 ML, and a full refresh (OP much?).

Meanwhile ritual of the sun repairs walls (allegedly, has anyone even used this?). Repair timers are now absurdly short and there's no decay on deed unless upkeep is low. Getting raided is no time for "SERMON AT THE TOKEN!"

Holy crop... holy crap it's bad. It's pretty much just a fancy global humid drizzle cast. Just cast humid drizzle, it's not worth the coordination and favor.

Really the effects of these need to be changed. RoD needs to not be able to grief a theoretically unlimited amount of land, RoS needs a nerf, and RotS/holy crop need to be buffed to something that's actually worth casting.

i have this dirt pit i just cant get rid of, i put a fo altar on it but its not instantly turning to grass

can anyone help me

Silly White lighters.

Libila Demands Mycelium. 

If we build the Altars, Mycelium will come.

If we build it, it will come.   It is the Infection of the lands.  

MYCELIUM%20EVERYWHERE.jpg

Edited by AAetius
  • Like 1