Sign in to follow this  
amberain80

An answer to Rite of Death

So far not a single reasonable/valid argument was given against a counter-spell. Both Rites should counter terrains to avoid abuse. Both Rites should give a bonus equal to 5h SB (per day considering cooldowns etc). Are you even trying?

Edited by Chinpow

You should see how well that fo altar counters myc then. You stand a better chance waiting for natural grass from dirt than grass from mycelium by far..... but its fine as is right?

honestly, its no different then casting the spell fungus and doing it all over the place... might as well remove fungus too. oh, and remove that sb spell. thats OP and shouldn't be in the game. not fair WL gets a spell that gives SB. 

honestly, its no different then casting the spell fungus and doing it all over the place... might as well remove fungus too. oh, and remove that sb spell. thats OP and shouldn't be in the game. not fair WL gets a spell that gives SB. 

ok

278 casts for a total of 7,228 favor and 139 minutes of cast time plus travel time vs. 300 favor and a bit over 2 minutes and no more coordination than it takes for someone to yell "SERMON AT THE TOKEN"

for 2,500 tiles of mycelium (equivalent of casting rite with one altar, which is definitely an understatement)

no difference?

WL has 3 kingdoms to fight myc

BL has 1 kingdom to spread it

Exhibit A:

[Old elevation map dump upon server closing]

Intended for 3 kingdoms, roughly 1/3 of the map is covered by mycelium upon the server's closing, using the current mechanic.  The server had existed for many years and was never completely covered by mycelium.  The current mechanic is working as intended.

cctXhW4.png

There is no need for a coldwar-esque arms race for a better more powerful rite of blah

Edited by Alexgopen
  • Like 1

There is no need for a coldwar-esque arms race for a better more powerful rite of blah

Balance doesn't mean war for better spell

Balance doesn't mean war for better spell

As you can see from the map dump, it is currently balanced. If you make it easier to remove mycelium, it will no longer be balanced, and all mycelium will be eradicated.

If it were unbalanced in favor of BL, you would see a map covered mostly if not entirely by mycelium.

If it were unbalanced in favor of WL, you would see a map with little to no mycelium.

You are demanding WL's ability to remove mycelium be increased, which is not necessary, as can be seen from the map dump.

All of the arguments for a spell to counter mycelium are based on the assumption "it's my kingdom and it's efforts against mycelium", but that's just not true. It's "my kingdom, and this other WL kingdom, and Rome against mycelium".  You have the manpower to counter what we can do with a spell, otherwise the old map would look much different.  If you think one kingdom being able to cast a spell to spread mycelium is OP, think of how OP three kingdoms casting a spell to counter it would be.  You are asking for WL to have 3x the ability to remove mycelium, than BL has to spread it.

Edited by Alexgopen
  • Like 1

I agree there should be a casting counter spell. Does the spell require an altar and influence to cast?

This is a RoS type spell....hmmm...hard to balance 5 hours sleep bonus vs red grass...

Edited by Uberknot

We took over whitestone area and to east covered in vynora altars for months, and it still was covered in mycelium till closing of old ele. 2+ months is not stupid amount of time to try push it back? Hell yea I want the ability to remove mycelium be stronger that is ridiculous. There is no real counter to mycelium that doesn't take forever. 

• Like 1

I don't know why this is really about kingdoms, it's about 1 super easy method to create something and no counter to remove that something

And like I suggested before, make them all rely on kingdom influence not altar influence, so it cant even be abused by either side, and the only way one can use it against the other is to cap towers

• Like 2

The best counter to Mycelium, is to have your White Light Gods Altars everywhere so We can't have Lib influence to cast it.   We did the hard work, make the altars, imp them, link the priests, and cast.   If you WL guys had altars present, we would have had to erradicate them or find other areas to cast.

Hey proph, that dirt pit still dirt?

dude yeah idk its like some kinda huge issue

is jk having the same problem?

The best counter to Mycelium, is to have your White Light Gods Altars everywhere so We can't have Lib influence to cast it.   We did the hard work, make the altars, imp them, link the priests, and cast.   If you WL guys had altars present, we would have had to erradicate them or find other areas to cast.

Alright lets say we had 90ql altars. You destroy them and replace with 90ql ones. mycelium spreads. We come back and destroy yours and replace with another 90ql. guess what that place is still covered in mycelium for months. WOW we countered mycelium? oh wait no it still is there.

Everyone from BL keeps ignoring the fact that the time to remove it is insane. It's like you just assume we are trying nerf BL for no reason.

let me guess the next argument.

"destroy the altar before it spreads"

Im sorry I don't monitor the entire map 24/7 and I doubt you do as well, we shouldn't be punished for putting same amount effort as you guys do.

I think they are right if the region is taken over with another religions influence it should change much faster back.  Base it on quality of altar or what ever, but the realm of a god should have a noticeable effect.

Edited by Uberknot

dude yeah idk its like some kinda huge issue

is jk having the same problem?

na man all I can see are fkin birch trees

I think Nahjo's spell mycelium should be converted into 'cast grass'