Sign in to follow this  
amberain80

An answer to Rite of Death

I went out today and half of the map is Mycelium. I understand what Rite of Death does and what it is for, however it clearly can be cast too often and spreads too much. This is a brand new map and now is half ruined. (imo) 

Also I understand that we can just pack it and get rid of it that way, but because they can recast every 24 hours there is literally no way to keep up with it or get rid of it. If we were packing to get rid of it, and they are recasting to make more, there is no way to even break even, no matter what it would just keep spreading.

The way Rite of Spring works is it is based on prayers. A certain amount of prays have to happen for it to even pop up on our list of castable spells. Which usually works out to mean it is only cast every few months.  It's been 228 days since the last ros on serenity and more than that on elevation. Another thing that someone pointed out is that RoD should not show the caster exactly who is on the server. It's an exact /who with a full names list.

There should be a spell that WL can cast to get rid of Mycelium or to decrease the amount in an area. The way it is now, we would have to find all the altars put up and then destroy them, and then wait months and months for it to go away. When they can cast and spread it every 24 hours. It's too much.

• Like 9

It was that way with Rite of Death, the reason they casted it twice was due to a bug.

We were unable to cast it multiple times in a day, weeks, and months even on the old elevation, so what was changed?

• Like 1

dont be mad bro. that myclieum took hours to get down :P maybe you should of been out trying to pvp with the people putting it down instead of hiding on deed. 

Hiding on a deed, and building a deed, are not the same things. 

Glad I'm not BL anymore. Use a spell in any effective manner whatsoever and you get people tryin' to bite your head off.

-1 it's fine

• Like 9

Cover p much the only natural steppe in the whole map with mycelium, gg no horses.

its been over 24 hours since i casted it and we can't cast it anymore now btw

Forcing people to counter a simple spell with manual hardworking is seriously wrong.

• Like 7

a counter to rite of death would also be useful for WL kingdom players when moving in on former BL territory, it takes FOREVER to get rid of the mycelium.

+1

• Like 1

Place an altar, cast a spell and you have a approx 50x50 mycelium tiles. Good luck digging that up. Give us tools to remove it as quickly as it spreads.

Why dont you like mycelium?

Personally, it's ugly as heck compared to other Wurm assets. In addition to that, foliage that grows on mycelium looks awful, oh and the ambient sounds. Overall, why would any of the WL kingdoms want mycelium, there are no benefits for us.

Edited by Edvinas
  • Like 2

Why dont you like mycelium?

Tree's grow on it and it makes hota impossible.

Tree's grow on it and it makes hota impossible.

Trees grow on grass too and thats what it was before it was myc. It didnt convert steppe, see for yourself

• Like 1

Hota is already covered in trees and open plains, its all gonna turn into forest anyway, the mycelium doesnt change that.

From a PvE perspective... since server's fresh... 

Why NOT sand the hota?  I'm sure you guys can come up with a 24hr ceasefire and all hands go sand, there's your slogan and all :3

Hell even create different environments in your HotA to provide variety.. some forest some myc some sand some steppe ....

My 2 irons (i only looked because "what's rite of death?")

• Like 1

From a PvE perspective... since server's fresh... 

Why NOT sand the hota?  I'm sure you guys can come up with a 24hr ceasefire and all hands go sand, there's your slogan and all :3

Hell even create different environments in your HotA to provide variety.. some forest some myc some sand some steppe ....

My 2 irons (i only looked because "what's rite of death?")

With the amount of forest on the hota on this new map, it wouldnt be a bad idea.  Last map the hota was steppe so we didnt have to worry about trees. Now its a hota forest. It was like that before Rite of Death, and if you look at the ingame map you'll see how little steppe there is anyways. Every one of those natural steppes are still steppe after Rite of Death. All that it did was turned the pre-existing grass and forest to mycelium and infected trees.  It's not like casting Rite of Death created any more trees than there already were.

A simple solution would be for the Fo spell Holy Crop to remove mycelium within Fo's domain. This gives Holy Crop a reason to be cast and Fo's domain a reason to be spread.

• Like 8