Sign in to follow this  
Alectrys

[Change] Bulk Storage Bin

I'm not sure how the Wiki editors would like to handle this, but I suggest that the recent explanation of averaging and how it pertains to BSBs should be somewhere referenced as it is brought up many times.  I'm guessing that this also applies to FSBs as well, so maybe a new page on Averaging explanation or a note on both fsb and bsb pages?

I know I'm going to forget where I read this in about a month, so having it in an appropriate place in the Wiki would be helpful.

Reference:

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Bulk_storage_bin

Where the statement came from:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/122041-news-update-work-and-progress-week-16/

The explanation:

Bulk Storage Bin QL Calculation Clarification

This is all on a per item basis, dragging 10 at a time still is handled one by one due to how the drag and drop is currently being handled.

First of all we acquire how many items of the same type are currently inside the BSB. ( 3kg clay = 1.5 items)
Then we figure out how many items are actually being added by dividing the weight of the item with the template items weight  ( Weight / Template Weight ).

After that we calculate how many percent of the new total the item that we are adding is going to be   ( Number of items added /  ( Number of items in BSB + Number of items added))

Then we calculate the difference in QL between what is inside the BSB and what is being added.
We then multiply the difference with the percentage to get how much the QL is allowed to change.

Then the last bit is pretty simple, if the QL will be reduced by adding the item the change will be increased by 10%   ( CurrentQL - Change * 1.10),
if it's an increase in QL then it's instead reduced by 10%.

Thanks go to Erik (Dev) who explained this!