Sign in to follow this  
hammertimes

the local tab should be removed from the game.

The main reason why is you should not have a radar that spots players for you.

pros

*you could walk up to a enemies capital and kill a player and maybe escape something you can not do right now some players do not leave local of there deeds.

*you could hunt knowing there is a chance you can catch players for a change.

cons

*players can catch you and leaving deed is not safe any more.

In my personal opinion, removing the local from the game would be the worst change for PvP ever.

Maps are huge, without the ability the get an idea who is around you then finding anyone would be practically impossible.

The only reason you would ever want it removed is to ambush kill people and run away, which in my humble opinion is not PvP.

• Like 2

I used to think removing local would be better for this game in PvP; but after a bit of critical thought and reflection upon the views of more experienced players, I just don't think its a good idea. Sometimes its almost impossible seeing people through the environment even when you know they are in local range. Removing local would probably add more immersion to the game, but at the cost of a lot of random pvp encounters.

Is the trade off of losing most roaming PvP encounters really worth gaining the ability to run into a capital area kill a newb and escape? I'd reckon most people would say no, its not.

Edited by platinumteef
  • Like 2

No.

Also this should be in sugesstions but doubt it will make any impression.

Edited by Devily
  • Like 1

I am all for removal of local, But id like the client to improve first before the removal of local tab. As in, Proper FoV(proper 90 & up to 100 preferable), Proper vision in general, A Sound engine in place for hearing a horse running around, as-well as carts & wagons, And various other sounds. And last but not least, Less memory leaks since whats the point of sight if your client is skipping 500 frames every few seconds. 

Edited by akaedis

Moved to Suggestions

thanks

Solmark

Board Moderator

This would inevitably be applied to PvE servers as well, and it'd almost completely destroy those servers.  Very few new players would ever stick around.

• Like 3

OH hell no! if we in pve have to deal with slow and weak guards,stupid messages about epic mobs that never appear and lots of other crap for pvp reasons you can deal with that.

it would kill all pve servers and without those wurm would die

• Like 1

I can see why some folks would want it, but I'd hate to lose the thrill of seeing the enemy appear in local haha

Edited by Jomarni

In case of PvE:

No way it makes completely no sense.

In case of PvP:

Have you ever heard of Lurker in the Dark? The only thing that the removal of local is going to achieve is that everyone who doesn't have a pendulum (mostly newbies) will be screwed while those who have them will still have their "radars".

Edited by Anothernoob

Big +1, there are many sandbox games without a local which are have hard terrain and large terrains, this would open up many tactics and fun.

Imagine Dayz with a local for example, would be horrible.

• Like 2

Big +1, there are many sandbox games without a local which are have hard terrain and large terrains, this would open up many tactics and fun.

Imagine Dayz which is horrible.

there ya go, fixed that for ya

but -1 from me as well.

I see the value in it like for hota

but random encounters would be severely hampered.

One of the main problems of this game is the rusted community that thinks they know without even testing it at all or try it out.

In a nutshell: local a shittu

• Like 2

Imagine Dayz with a local for example, would be horrible.

Would be hilarious to watch tho, as an april fools joke

What? I assume you speak for your PvP friends only?

Is this serious suggestion? -1

Wurm is social-oriented game, removing local is very bad idea.

Rolf even told the community in his post about New ele that he Would remove local for awhile as a test, but thanks to all the crybabies he even reverted that, just a simple test...

I have been playing for 8 years local needs removed no other game has it for a reason

I have been playing for 8 years local needs removed no other game has it for a reason

How about biggest Wurm competitor, EVE Online? Haven and Hearth and Salem have local as well.

I think the right answer for PVP servers would be to have local show non-hostile names only.  Friendlies would still be able to know each other was nearby, but enemies would not register at all.

I know I would hate it as my character falls on the same threat level as a venerable mountain lion, just slightly more advanced than an aged large rat, but the early warning system of local chat and unfamiliar names pretty much grants me a safety buffer of time to get somewhere/anywhere away when kingdom checker returns an alarming result.

To be diligently working on some task off deed and hear the "Hello There!" just prior to getting clobbered upside the head, or to be riding along, crest the top of a hill and see 4 less than friendly faces on the downslope staring up at me, silhouetted in red astride their hellhorses would certainly change the atmosphere and dynamic of my daily gameplay.

I actually hesitate to post this.  I know it would probably suck, but it does feel like the right thing

So, +1 I hesitantly gesture.

wurm is nothing like eve .... unless wurm has a avg pop of 1mill and is in space now

• Like 1