Sign in to follow this  
hoof2000

HFC SD gain problem

the following problem never occured to me before until now.

yesterday:

player A (priest) put pans in forge 

player B fills pans

player A lights forge and gains hfc and sd

today

player B emptied pans without taking them out of the forge

player B fills the pans

player A (priest)  lights forge

player B is 60 tiles away and gets hfc and sd gain...

how is this possible. I always thought the person who puts the pans into the forge gains hfc and sd skill..l

Is this a bug or am i missing something

The safest way is to ask the player who wanted the SD and HFC gain to remove the pans by putting it in his inventory and then placing it back in the forge.

Edited by Margus
  • Like 2

I have experienced same thing. After that my main is only emptying pans, priest fills and lights. I never take those out of forge. Remember to snuff after skillgain stops, so pans dont get dmg.

From what i understand of the current pan ownership system, Its whoever is last to interact with the item in question gains ownership(and skill). Putting items into the pan doesn't count as interacting with the item, but taking stuff out does or the pan itself. 

Best thing to do in this scenario is to pick up all the pans before lighting, then put them back in and then light it. Problem solved

Edited by akaedis

is player B an alt? or another player?

can your priest rename everything inside forges?

I think its always safest way to just drag a large cart with you on the priest.

Remove the pans from the forge and put them back in after. *ofc they must have passed the priests inventory

Never had any problems.

Edited by whykillme

okay, thanks so far, i guess the problem was that taking out stuff of the pans. lesson learned. thanks all

The safest way is to ask the player who wanted the SD and HFC gain to remove the pans by putting it in his inventory and then placing it back in the forge.

What he said.

• Like 1

I keep a raft on the floor by forges. After filler fills pans, my priest drags all packs/pans to raft, then one at a time, from raft to inventory to forge. Repeat for each forge. Turn SB on. Light them all. Watch skills finish gaining, snuff forges, log out. Logging out is best, rather than waiting for 5min timer on SB, cause I inevitability get distracted and forget, then my SB is gone.

I notice we all.seem.to use frypans... is there a reason not to use saucepans? I understand stews give the best SD gain and they can be made in either...

Edited by Kyleshandra

If you are at very high levels (99+) use saucepans and make risotto, much better at the top for skillgains.

That's a ways off for me at this point (HFC 45 or so) but I was getting ready to make more pans and saucepans take less iron... and maybe more fit in a backpack?