Sign in to follow this  
Postinglels

100 tile no build area for chaos hota

18v17 at your minehop from what everyone seems to be saying, including yourself in other threads

theres a reason for the 100 tile no build zone at hota, it would encourage pvp, however, there is no reason for limiting deeds to s100

That was a 20v17 at our mine hop until we decided to push and kill 15. Not my fault your kingdom sucks at PvP.

So just like it would waste time building at kyara and having it removed, it's the same as making it a no build zone and destroying the deeds around the Hota or removing the Hota destroying the work done around it.

Keep trying!

That was a 20v17 at our mine hop until we decided to push and kill 15. Not my fault your kingdom sucks at PvP.

So just like it would waste time building at kyara and having it removed, it's the same as making it a no build zone and destroying the deeds around the Hota or removing the Hota destroying the work done around it.

Keep trying!

I'm fairly certain i said that this suggestion wouldn't go through due to players losing work, despite the suggestion actually being a good suggestion, but i can understand the player attachment. Yet, for some reason, its hard for you to understand that i already admitted that.

For some reason you are fully intent on making yourself act a fool by trolling and making troll threads instead of understanding that people realize you don't want to lose your work. Everyone gets it, you guys did good, you got land when nobody else played and rightfully took advantage of poorly designed mechanics that make it hard to change that. I understand that your ego needs to be padded, mine does too.

You need to relax and stop trying to prove a point that everyone else already understands by attempting to start a flame war.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

Wasn't addressing you proph. Learn2read

Wasn't addressing you proph. Learn2read

But i was addressing you.

I wish Mad Matthew still played. He'd know what to say in this thread. Oh wait

I'm not sure how this degenerated into a mudslinging contest but from this and recent other topics the current meta seriously needs an overhaul, but this needs whole new servers with concrete rules that would do more to discourage sprawl and zerging.

Hey proph, I read you said that the deeds around hota makes there be no pvp there. But I remember when I was part of the old GA, the only pvp that was at the "hota" area was trying to get rid of GA. And at that time the only deed close to the hota was GA. Nor JK, BL or HOTs ever did the hota. That was a little over 2 years ago, before there was METH there and when FF was still a freedom deed. So having the deed around hota makes no change at all. MR is still the only one that shows up. May I add the there are alot of areas around the hota that you can get in with out getting anyone in local. I should no I did it with a freedom account and the only thing that killed me was a gorilla :) I ran from hunter lodge with out getting into FF local and thru the hota with out getting in to METHs local. So unless any of the enemy has tried to do HoTA lately then stop with the HoTA bs.

With the 100+ tile deeds, why is my question? I read to grow with them.... Really just have people live at their own deed away from the capital deed. You don't need to have a 100+ plus deed to house what... Maybe 15-20 at the most people.... Really

LoG did many hotas during the time of the first Gideons Army, killed plenty of mr there too.

It's the shear locked in nature of the area now that discourages open pvp

Edited by Postinglels

I'm not sure how this degenerated into a mudslinging contest but from this and recent other topics the current meta seriously needs an overhaul, but this needs whole new servers with concrete rules that would do more to discourage sprawl and zerging.

I'm confused.... I thought this was wurm.    Perhaps you are trying too hard to make it like battlefield?     

And about the "mudslinging"   er have you actually read any of your own comments?    I mean hell half of your arguments are "Your MR so you don't matter"  Or something along those lines.    

We do have our own reasons for debating you, just like you have a vested interest in constantly trying to steer people into the idea we are trying to discourage PvP by building a deed on a PvP server, and defending it.    

If you think your own half-baked idea of propaganda that is this topic, even closly reflects the reality of what your kingdom is capable then only look at the many times you have easily matched and exceeded our numbers.     The resources of both kingdom are not up for debate here, both the MR and the JK have the resources to fight each other.  

What is up for debate is exactly why one kingdom is not only trying to make the game into some sort of WOW clone where we all fight in some sort of retarded set "instance" where everyone plays "fair" meaning that if one kingdom wants to build an advantage around the hota through their hard work, they can't do it simply because another kingdom does not want to invest in any time or resources to fight them.   

Edited by Battlepaw

How is having a ruleset that encourages tactical play rather than sprawl and zerging indicative of a lack of will to fight or trying to create a wow clone.

There are things in this game that currently can't be matched in other mmos and most likely won't be for a while yet in terms of player generated content but without constraints on size and population and larger no build zones you won't see open roaming or meaningful pvp in any real scale

I'll admit that I have no real expectation that any substantial mechanic changes will occur on chaos but without open debate, how will we get real and meaningful changes implemented on any new pvp server that may or may not eventually be opened.

As it stands resetting servers is nearly pointless, especially where the engrained mindset of some of the population seem to consider any potential change to immediately be a bad thing. Sometimes there has to be rules

How is having a ruleset that encourages tactical play rather than sprawl and zerging indicative of a lack of will to fight or trying to create a wow clone.

There are things in this game that currently can't be matched in other mmos and most likely won't be for a while yet in terms of player generated content but without constraints on size and population and larger no build zones you won't see open roaming or meaningful pvp in any real scale

I'll admit that I have no real expectation that any substantial mechanic changes will occur on chaos but without open debate, how will we get real and meaningful changes implemented on any new pvp server that may or may not eventually be opened.

As it stands resetting servers is nearly pointless, especially where the engrained mindset of some of the population seem to consider any potential change to immediately be a bad thing. Sometimes there has to be rules

You have a curious way of defining "Tactical Play"   Wurm's main element is building not trying to turn this game into instance warfare.     This isn't an open debate, its you spewing propaganda, that is both false, and makes your kingdom both look petty and weak, when in fact you do have both the numbers and resources to invest in destroying MR war deeds.  

Your right resetting the server won't make it your own perfect world, nor will this idea, and it is not a step in the right direction.  I'ts simply a cheap way for you to move the HOTA boundary to your war deed, when that would in fact be quite doable with both hard work and determination from your kingdom.    We have the artifacts?  Go blow up the WL and defend it from us when it lands in a favorable location.      You want our land?  Come and take it.      

This topic isn't going anywhere not because we refuse to see your point of view, but because there are so many in the community outraged by your petty attempt to push your own agenda on us and expect us to take it "for the good of the game".     

You have a curious way of defining "Tactical Play"   Wurm's main element is building not trying to turn this game into instance warfare.     This isn't an open debate, its you spewing propaganda, that is both false, and makes your kingdom both look petty and weak, when in fact you do have both the numbers and resources to invest in destroying MR war deeds.  

Your right resetting the server won't make it your own perfect world, nor will this idea, and it is not a step in the right direction.  I'ts simply a cheap way for you to move the HOTA boundary to your war deed, when that would in fact be quite doable with both hard work and determination from your kingdom.    We have the artifacts?  Go blow up the WL and defend it from us when it lands in a favorable location.      You want our land?  Come and take it.      

This topic isn't going anywhere not because we refuse to see your point of view, but because there are so many in the community outraged by your petty attempt to push your own agenda on us and expect us to take it "for the good of the game".     

that last sentence is a joke right, i mean with MR's history

• Like 1

that last sentence is a joke right, i mean with MR's history

You want to know our history?   How about how the JK cried on the forums after we blockaded the WL shortly after the first changes to the artifacts.     

If you have any idea how stupid that was, to get the charge locations swapped mere hours before the final window for JK to charge them, they you may have some slight insight why we are a bit peeved you are doing it again when you don't want to go after our war deeds around the HOTA.    

This time it's not because you claim you can't do it.  We both know the JK has the players, hell when there is a JK dragon slaying on Chaos, everyone craws out of the woodwork to try and attend, but when it comes time to actually be active here on a project.... yea. 

Most of this "bickering" isn't trolling, but the pure and genuine disgust people have for this kind of forum PvP, rather than JK actually doing something about their situation in-game.   I've seen this over and over again, and it's this kind of thing that makes people resent how players on Chaos treat the suggestion forums, and how we appeal to the Devs for changes.    

You want to know our history?   How about how the JK cried on the forums after we blockaded the WL shortly after the first changes to the artifacts.     

If you have any idea how stupid that was, to get the charge locations swapped mere hours before the final window for JK to charge them, they you may have some slight insight why we are a bit peeved you are doing it again when you don't want to go after our war deeds around the HOTA.    

This time it's not because you claim you can't do it.  We both know the JK has the players, hell when there is a JK dragon slaying on Chaos, everyone craws out of the woodwork to try and attend, but when it comes time to actually be active here on a project.... yea. 

Most of this "bickering" isn't trolling, but the pure and genuine disgust people have for this kind of forum PvP, rather than JK actually doing something about their situation in-game.   I've seen this over and over again, and it's this kind of thing that makes people resent how players on Chaos treat the suggestion forums, and how we appeal to the Devs for changes.    

yeah that was definitely a joke lol

• Like 1

I have a picture of an old JK map.

On this map it shows there being/going to be a deed on the northside of hota. Near where METH is...

So you cant even say that JK wouldnt have done the same sort of set up eventually, because it would have happened.

Will get pic when home from work

Just have HotA move every month and the problem is solved. Build deeds if you want, don't build deeds if your aiming for open field battles and don't like deeds there.

Just have HotA move every month and the problem is solved. Build deeds if you want, don't build deeds if your aiming for open field battles and don't like deeds there.

As long as it doesnt drop on deeds and make them no build zones.

You want to know our history? How about how the JK cried on the forums after we blockaded the WL shortly after the first changes to the artifacts.

This time it's not because you claim you can't do it. We both know the JK has the players, hell when there is a JK dragon slaying on Chaos, everyone craws out of the woodwork to try and attend, but when it comes time to actually be active here on a project.... yea.

Most of this "bickering" isn't trolling, but the pure and genuine disgust people have for this kind of forum PvP, rather than JK actually doing something about their situation in-game. I've seen this over and over again, and it's this kind of thing that makes people resent how players on Chaos treat the suggestion forums, and how we appeal to the Devs for changes.

So some of your bickering actually is trolling (personally I regard it as a damned sight more than some). Well stop that then, and post something useful that may actually change the game in the future for the better. What people (oh yeah those cynicism to place deeds at the hota border like MaurizioAM, aaaaamamus, and is it miniroll, minirawl or bang these days (it's so confusing (not)).

I actually had some measure of respect for the original Gideons Army deed in that it was far enough from the hota in terms of how the shape of the land would limit the line of retreat to it and we got kills from it.

Shenanigans was judging by it's ruins a bit of a thrown together deed by comparison to the pvp dodging meth (huehuehue am maek 900 steep walls on hota edge)

But in short none of the deeds right at the edge of the zone has ever generated meaningful pvp beyond a skirmish that jk lost mainly due to teleporting and a nearby spawn point for mr.

So some of your bickering actually is trolling (personally I regard it as a damned sight more than some). Well stop that then, and post something useful that may actually change the game in the future for the better. What people (oh yeah those cynicism to place deeds at the hota border like MaurizioAM, aaaaamamus, and is it miniroll, minirawl or bang these days (it's so confusing (not)).

I actually had some measure of respect for the original Gideons Army deed in that it was far enough from the hota in terms of how the shape of the land would limit the line of retreat to it and we got kills from it.

Shenanigans was judging by it's ruins a bit of a thrown together deed by comparison to the pvp dodging meth (huehuehue am maek 900 steep walls on hota edge)

But in short none of the deeds right at the edge of the zone has ever generated meaningful pvp beyond a skirmish that jk lost mainly due to teleporting and a nearby spawn point for mr.

1100 on the NE ;)

Most of the time we actually normally have about 10 people ready on the HotA so teleporting in isnt really needed, its just so people can get on tabs.

ER... so are you measuring the ammount of PvP you get from something only if you get kills?    Most of the PvP I've been on has been around the HOTA, and it dosen't matter if its BL, JK or whatnot, people want that land.    Mostly with MR we reduce JK and BL deeds because we want the land and the loot.     

So... er instead of thinking of this as some sort of insurmountable setback, do take into consideration MR has been wiped several times by JK, once at a deed that JK did teleport in, and did use the spawn point.  How is it suddenly special when MR uses it?  Do we give you kudies or something?   As far as I know, this topic isn't about teleporting but the fact you don't want to actually fight our deeds, just pine on and on and on... and on... here... at the forums.    

No... this isn't a "meaningful idea that will better wurm".  It's a half-baked excuse to blame a more successful and motivated kingdom  with reasons you pulled out of thin air, and make false accusations that MR exploited when we converted Fort Freedom, etc.    Everything here is not an idea, its a joke and a poor attempt at trying to cover up your own agenda by coating it in "save the server" crap.    It has nothing to do with that.

Any sod with two IQ points to rub together could predict that the only thing it would accomplish is to make the zone bigger, and people will just build war deeds out farther.   It has happened in the past with the WL, and I see no reason it won't happen again.    

It's not even well thought out, and the best debate you can come up with is some fantasy that a MR zerg is any different than a JK zerg, or that a zerg is needed at all to change things, hell it's an oversimplification and a lie to say that numbers make up for organization and better teamwork, especially when there are numerous recent examples I can put up to prove that it is simply propaganda. 

Edited by Battlepaw