Sign in to follow this  
Postinglels

100 tile no build area for chaos hota

100 tile boundary means nothing, thats a 2min ride on horse.

This suggestion is moot and is yet again another suggestion to try get at MR because we are the winning side so attempting to get mechanics changes is the way to try win.

lol what, where is your brain Red you just confirmed the point of the suggestion.

yes it's a 2 minute horse ride, that's lets say ~2x the time for walking.

In both situations that's a far enough distance with lack of safety to encourage open pvp at hota rather than running out get some pillars and run back in quickly.

The fact none of you can comprehend no one is interested in blowing up your deeds but instead introducing a new mechanic to stop "deed covering" the HoTA in future, if and when current HoTA border deeds expire, they won't be able to plant there again. This doesn't hurt the masters of Chaos right now because they're not going to lose these deeds, right?

• Like 3

Finally, a mature response, thank you.

This sounds like another one of those situations where it could have been avoided in hindsight, before people planted deeds and worked on them. Nobody likely realised back then that there'd one day be 4 big deeds surrounding the HoTA, all controlled by the same kingdom, making it suicide for anyone to go but MR.

I really am not being biased here, I know you'll roll your eyes at this, but just listen for a sec.

The fact that theres 4 deeds there is a problem. I mean, sure there's nothing stopping you from doing that and you got in there first yada yada, but that's insane overkill. If I were planning some sort of JK presence at the HoTA, I'd never even contemplate dropping 4 big deeds around it, I'd think that's mad and a waste of money.

What possible counter could you propose to that? JK drops 5 deeds? Even if they did, you'd just drop another 2, then JK would drop 2 more...

That's a broken part of the game, this isn't deed wars online.

There needs to be a mechanic that stops that from occurring so much. You'll probably disagree with me, maybe we just have different ways of play.

However, as I've said before and you too, a good start would be to fix teleporting. Teleporting makes it possible that a kingdom can have deeds all over the map, stretched far and wide, and be able to man all of them simultaneously. That's wrong.

Jbobj, one of the first members of MR and a previous Whosville elder, made a suggestion many years ago to remove the ability to spawn at allied deeds if you were further than 50 tiles from said deed. Before that, I could for example let a guard kill me in Kyara for minimal skill loss and spawn at a JK deed all the way over the other side of the map that was being raided, be given gear and help defend.

Everyone agreed unanimously, so I ask people who wish to keep teleporting, what's changed between then and now that makes that a reasonable feature?

Finally, a mature response, thank you.

This sounds like another one of those situations where it could have been avoided in hindsight, before people planted deeds and worked on them. Nobody likely realised back then that there'd one day be 4 big deeds surrounding the HoTA, all controlled by the same kingdom, making it suicide for anyone to go but MR.

I really am not being biased here, I know you'll roll your eyes at this, but just listen for a sec.

The fact that theres 4 deeds there is a problem. I mean, sure there's nothing stopping you from doing that and you got in there first yada yada, but that's insane overkill. If I were planning some sort of JK presence at the HoTA, I'd never even contemplate dropping 4 big deeds around it, I'd think that's mad and a waste of money.

What possible counter could you propose to that? JK drops 5 deeds? Even if they did, you'd just drop another 2, then JK would drop 2 more...

That's a broken part of the game, this isn't deed wars online.

There needs to be a mechanic that stops that from occurring so much. You'll probably disagree with me, maybe we just have different ways of play.

However, as I've said before and you too, a good start would be to fix teleporting. Teleporting makes it possible that a kingdom can have deeds all over the map, stretched far and wide, and be able to man all of them simultaneously. That's wrong.

Jbobj, one of the first members of MR and a previous Whosville elder, made a suggestion many years ago to remove the ability to spawn at allied deeds if you were further than 50 tiles from said deed. Before that, I could for example let a guard kill me in Kyara for minimal skill loss and spawn at a JK deed all the way over the other side of the map that was being raided, be given gear and help defend.

Everyone agreed unanimously, so I ask people who wish to keep teleporting, what's changed between then and now that makes that a reasonable feature?

You're making it sound like we have wardeeds simply holding the perimeter of hota for the sole purpose of having hops and spawn/teleport points.  That's not the case.

GA, the oldest of the deeds was built by a group that lived there.  Those players have mostly moved on now, but the deed remains.  Fort Freedom was there, originally as another kingdom who joined with MR after being attacked jointly by JK and HotS.  METH was founded by myself and Miniroll because we wanted to pvp more and be by the action.  Bad move was placed after we discovered a JK tunnel coming to a spot right next to my deed; and since everything we needed to build was provided, we just claimed the spot (especially since it gave us shared controll of the tunnel).  

None of the deeds are wardeeds.  FF and METH are fully lived at, holding all of our gear, where animals are bred and all our accounts live.

If we have to start providing more and more 'no build open pvp only' zones, then perhaps you want to jump in on the other thread looking to have a new 'ideal' server setup, with limited kingdom sizes etc.  There's loads of land around.  MR at least has people riding all over the place - infact, I regularly pass by a couple of JK deeds on my way to wardeeds or on hunts, and never see traps.  Should we make 100 tile nobuild zones around those deeds so that traps can be set up?

• Like 1

lol what, where is your brain Red you just confirmed the point of the suggestion.

yes it's a 2 minute horse ride, that's lets say ~2x the time for walking.

In both situations that's a far enough distance with lack of safety to encourage open pvp at hota rather than running out get some pillars and run back in quickly.

The fact none of you can comprehend no one is interested in blowing up your deeds but instead introducing a new mechanic to stop "deed covering" the HoTA in future, if and when current HoTA border deeds expire, they won't be able to plant there again. This doesn't hurt the masters of Chaos right now because they're not going to lose these deeds, right?

Due to cynical placement of wardeeds both legitimate and one placed by use of a bug with converting within opposing influence this would be a useful mechanic to introduce to the chaos server. Appropriate compensation would have to be given to deed owners in the area but it would make it far more difficult for any single kingdom to restrict access to the hota zone and go some way to reintroduce a semblance of competition at the event.

Edited by aamanus
  • Like 1

Go to the hota and prove its a problem. Otherwise this whole thread is moot and all hypothetical nonsense.

/thread

You mean like the time Black-Kelloggs allied, killed a couple of your scrubs, then the population jumped by 30 and your alts started scouting?

Done.

I personally think it'd be a bit unfair to dump this on Chaos 8 years into the map. Many people have already built deeds to accommodate for the size they want it to be.

Since Elevation is new it'd be fairer to do it there, only if they want it though.

I feel this is a good argument. Thanks madt!

So.. you couldn't form an argument of your own so instead made a seperate thread, waited for me to reply to that and then twist my words and use them out of context to try argue your case for you?

That's quite shocking, and funny.

Well for starters, the HoTA hasn't been there for 8 years so that bit doesn't apply to this thread.

Also, I've said already on this matter that I don't really think the solution Postinglel's puts forward would work, but hell I'm not gonna shoot him down for atleast trying to think of a solution.

Can't believe I had to pick apart my own argument that was used in a completely unrelated topic.

Hota has been around longer than Kyara being expanded over it's walls, what's the new ###### excuse you got except from the fact you're clearly trying to ruin the game with your bias arguements.

I really hope the mods remove you from the forums, yur account is clearly made push through ridiculous and troll suggestions to try and damage the game, I mean you name means MadTroll and you have the picture of the guy who sings the trololol song. Just pathetic.

Edited by Redd

Indeed Jkimo... indeed.

You sure showed me. :)

Hota has been around longer than Kyara being expanded over it's walls, what's the new ###### excuse you got except from the fact you're clearly trying to ruin the game with your bias arguements.

I really hope the mods remove you from the forums, yur account is clearly made push through ridiculous and troll suggestions to try and damage the game, I mean you name means MadTroll and you have the picture of the guy who sings the trololol song. Just pathetic.

Woah... hang on there man.

My name is Madt because I made this account when I was like 15 and me and my buddies thought it was genius. We tried my real name first, then Tman, ManT, CrazyT and then Madt... :P

And don't be dissing the trololol guy, I like him. That's why he's my avatar. Just look how happy he looks.

Just chill man.

No counter argument for your logic then?

Kyara shouldn't be affected because it's an 8year old deed

Hota should be affected because it's only been around for 3 years

Kyara hasn't actually been expanded for 8 years and actually 1-2years

Make your mind up?

Stop with the bias suggestions aimed to ruin the game you don't even play?

looks like papa red needs to learn about logical fallacies as they are pretty much every post he makes in any suggestion thread

• Like 1

looks like papa red needs to learn about logical fallacies as they are pretty much every post he makes in any suggestion thread

I'm not even gonna touch that....

You accuse me of bias suggestions and then admit in your post just now that your problem is with Kyara being >100 in size..

A deed that was built ages ago with the intention to be size 100 or more has already started or is well into being built or has completely built to fit that size. Taking it away now would simply be crushing peoples plans for no reason and telling them to start again, from scratch. Other than Pay 2 win, which I also hate, what reason do you have to justify such a harsh decision? A decision that would affect people across wurm, you wouldn't just be hurting your enemies, remember that. Leaving it as it is now isn't directly hurting anyone, just giving a bonus to those who can afford it. It may suck for those who can't afford it, but if you start changing things to take away pay 2 win, you're gonna need to change half the game because most of wurm is Pay 2 Win..

Kyara has been planned to be expanded as it grows, like most deeds in the game.

HoTA, my opinion is its dumb that it can be surrounded with deeds but there ya go, it's done now. I'm not gonna go into teleporting again, anyone can look back in this thread for my views on that.

Kyara was just the citadel up until 2 years ago (so the "planned to be s100 is a load of ######). You're saying that a 2 year planned deed is more important in terms of "wasting people's time" than 3 year old deeds.

So again, want to troll more to push through suggestions which are aimed to damage the game and lose Rolf players?

Edited by Redd

Even if it was just the citadel up til then, what makes you think we never had plans to expand beyond that if we ever needed to? (Which we did btw)

I'm not trolling at all and I don't appreciate the accusation. I'm not even the one making any suggestions, I've just been in favour of reasonable suggestions that I can see are backed up with logic. You seem very fixated on Kyara as your main issue of why deeds should be less than s100, I've explained why it'd be a pretty crappy thing to do right now and you've responded with nothing but accusations of bias and spin-doctoring.

Are we really gonna do this all again? Let's hope Battlepaw doesn't wake up anytime soon...

So your argument is moot. You have no other arguement for both suggestions, just personal bias aimed at trying to force through (or block) suggestions aimed at making the game less enjoyable for the opposing team.

It really is just sad to see this happen.

I suggest you take up another hobby.

Well like I said, I've put forward a reasonable response to both topics. I hate repeating myself, but...

I don't support the 100 tiles no build area for chaos hota completely, but I do see how it'd help and I see what those suggesting the idea are trying to achieve. They don't want deedhopping to be the only pvp that happens at the HoTA, they'd rather you come out and fight in the open, something MR are very reluctant to do. (cause they know JK would probably destroy them if MR had nowhere to take cover/heal and step back out. You made me go there.)

The reason I don't support it is because it would solve nothing, people would just wait on deed until they were sure they had enough people teleported in to overwhelm the group in the open without cover and then charge them. You wouldn't dare step off deed unless you were sure MR wouldn't lose the fight.

I don't support the other thread you made today about no deeds being >100 because like I said, everyone playing on those servers has been under the impression that they can build villages of that size and more. For example, someone might have started building the foundations for a Size 150 deed 5 years ago with plans to expand the deed once construction was finished, to save money doing it before it was needed. What legitimate reason do you have for ruining said players plans apart from the fact that you only suggested it to try and hurt Kyara. That's very selfish.

I'm done, unless you can come up with a fair, rational reason I'll be avoiding your bait from now on.

But you said deeds shouldn't be affected due to waste of time, completely contradicting yourself. So what is it? Bias opinions to try push through ideas to support the kingdom you used to play with, or is it that you want to ruin the game?

And nice try on that pole at MR, 18vs17 in open ground, and we don't lose a single person. You have some catching up to do!

Edited by Redd

18v17 at your minehop from what everyone seems to be saying, including yourself in other threads

theres a reason for the 100 tile no build zone at hota, it would encourage pvp, however, there is no reason for limiting deeds to s100

• Like 1

I don't support the 100 tiles no build area for chaos hota completely, but I do see how it'd help and I see what those suggesting the idea are trying to achieve. They don't want deedhopping to be the only pvp that happens at the HoTA, they'd rather you come out and fight in the open, something MR are very reluctant to do. (cause they know JK would probably destroy them if MR had nowhere to take cover/heal and step back out. You made me go there.)

The reason I don't support it is because it would solve nothing, people would just wait on deed until they were sure they had enough people teleported in to overwhelm the group in the open without cover and then charge them. You wouldn't dare step off deed unless you were sure MR wouldn't lose the fight.

Theres a difference between roaming and being stupid.

Just the other week we had a crew of 5 set off on horse and went round the entire map looking for that unique (FG i think) and strolled past most of the deeds on the map that were accessible, and not a single soul popped local the whole way...

Just the other day two people raided avarga with no competition...

The recent slaughter when we chased down the road we were extremely strung out going deep, yet there was no counterpush or anything... half of the JK that were there that day stood on the hill and watched their allies getting slaughtered.

But you said deeds shouldn't be affected due to waste of time, completely contradicting yourself. So what is it? Bias opinions to try push through ideas to support the kingdom you used to play with, or is it that you want to ruin the game?

And nice try on that pole at MR, 18vs17 in open ground, and we don't lose a single person. You have some catching up to do!

Yes... wasted time building a deed to a size that you all of a sudden want to take away from them now. Was that not clear?

Also what Proph said.

Just the other week we had a crew of 5 set off on horse and went round the entire map looking for that unique (FG i think) and strolled past most of the deeds on the map that were accessible, and not a single soul popped local the whole way...

The recent slaughter when we chased down the road we were extremely strung out going deep, yet there was no counterpush or anything... half of the JK that were there that day stood on the hill and watched their allies getting slaughtered.

What does that have to do with anything here? I don't see the point you're making.

i love how you brag about roaming now, but yet, you never did it when JK had the people to contest you.

Theres a difference between roaming with a threat, and roaming with no threat. I remember when I roamed and the MR i caught out would just leave local and teleport home.

Teleporting is ######, and having deeds on the border of HOTA further encourage it.

Edited by Propheteer