Sign in to follow this  
Postinglels

100 tile no build area for chaos hota

As someone that was there when the hota switched sides I still remember the power struggle that ensued. Most of the MR that built deeds while JK were a considerable force there, they have either quit or left the kingdom.

Who can forget the destruction of the first Gideons Army where MR never helped Empire defend it against JK claiming the raids were taking place on unconventional hours.

Which was this destruction that led Evadaly tuck her tail between her legs and relocate behind Kratos. As for the rest MR majority that flap their mouth here, you were not even there to help take HotA from JK. Dont claim something as yours when you have not even fought for it.

While we were taking hota, Felinas and Jukimo were building a deed far away from the warfront and didnt even dare add it to the MR map util in fear of JK finding out about it and raiding it.

So bravery, much courage.

Was there for it.

Spent ages building up GA while my own deed was under construction.

Defended GA when I could, though in the latter days of original GA destruction, it happened when I was offline or we had no people on, not to mention no access to any accounts that had permissions on the deed (as in, we could not repair any of the old buildings).

Calm your nipples issle.

As someone that was there when the hota switched sides I still remember the power struggle that ensued. Most of the MR that built deeds while JK were a considerable force there, they have either quit or left the kingdom.

Who can forget the destruction of the first Gideons Army where MR never helped Empire defend it against JK claiming the raids were taking place on unconventional hours.

Which was this destruction that led Evadaly tuck her tail between her legs and relocate behind Kratos. As for the rest MR majority that flap their mouth here, you were not even there to help take HotA from JK. Dont claim something as yours when you have not even fought for it.

While we were taking hota, Felinas and Jukimo were building a deed far away from the warfront and didnt even dare add it to the MR map util in fear of JK finding out about it and raiding it.

So bravery, much courage.

I think i spent more time helping out at GA than i did back at my deed so quit the bollocks lol.

If it wasnt for a certain person spying for us in JK we would never have got their map. Which i scoured for deeds and found one which was probably about to be placed near where meth is right now :) which prompted us to place it.

And by most people, you mean just you because your the only one who isnt still there...

Edited by Minirawl

Reasons why deeds should not be near HotA:

> It lets people come to HotA who did not have the forethought to prepare for the event.

> It lets people log in and teleport to the deeds who did not have the forethought to make their kingdom/deeds more defendable.

> It gives people mine/gate hops near HotA.

> It destroys opportunity for small group PvP at HotA.

> Teleporting prevents and further discourages removal of these deeds ("hard work") with an easy to use ability that has no counter, skill, or thought process attached to it (raiding does though).

> It makes HotA a farm rather than a competition.

Reasons why deeds should be near HotA:

> So people can wimp out and not fight at HotA.

> So (a large group) of people can literally click a button and pretend they are such great warriors for zerging a small group.

> So players can win by means of game mechanics instead of the skill and knowledge of the group.

> This isn't CS and shouldn't be accurate.

Other things that take "hard work":

> Clicking a button and waiting two minutes (meditation)

> Spam-clicking to create [insert construction material here]

> Spam-clicking to create [insert fortification type name here] from the aforementioned construction materials

> Scavenger hunting for, using, and recharging artifacts

> Stacking buffs

> Any other game mechanic that artificially inflates the skill of the players

> Abusing mechanics and reporting enemies who abuse the same mechanics

Things that actually take hard work:

> Proper communication

> Formulating a plan of attack (entry, retreat, etc.)

> Proper planning of deeds and deed placement 

/thread

• Like 2

> It lets people come to HotA who did not have the forethought to prepare for the event.

> It lets people log in and teleport to the deeds who did not have the forethought to make their kingdom/deeds more defendable.

> Teleporting prevents and further discourages removal of these deeds ("hard work") with an easy to use ability that has no counter, skill, or thought process attached to it (raiding does though).

> So (a large group) of people can literally click a button and pretend they are such great warriors for zerging a small group.

> So players can win by means of game mechanics instead of the skill and knowledge of the group.

> Spam-clicking to create [insert fortification type name here] from the aforementioned construction materials

> Stacking buffs

> Proper communication

/thread

i am really thinking what could have gotten you so butthurt. Go ahead and build a deed next to hota, one that cannot be raided so easily, then we can talk about "Hard work". So far all i have seen is you telling everyone how to play wurm and everything is pointless. Artis are pointless, meditation, now deeds, champs. And you are also talking about strategy? You are taking away stuff as strategy. Those exact things need strategy to use fully and the reality is only MR atm on chaos is really using any strategy. As said before there are no deeds planted with bug, knowing the owners of the those 2 deeds closest to Hota and the backstory from the mayor of FF why they converted it is really funny to see people talking about it. What instead you are telling is, i dont have a deed there, but you do so i want the area bigger so i could get a chance. You are talking about peoples time and you are basically spitting in their face with a excuse " i want access". The funny thing, if this was and i truly hope it wouldnt then nothing else would chance then MR would plant new deeds 100 tiles further away. You had your chance, you didnt take it and you are not ready to fight it, so sorry to tell you, no need to change the game so it suits you better.

there is no real strategy in planting a deed and teleporting to it when someone pops your alts local

thats just cheese

wtb pre-horse, pre-twitter, pre-ff

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 3

It's never too late to change code on the fly

lol good post, it's just like that one time.

one time?

you do make a good point with one of your other posts - code can be changed to prevent future 'securing' and we can just let the players clean up the devs bad implementation over time.

lol good post, it's just like that one time.

one time?

you do make a good point with one of your other posts - code can be changed to prevent future 'securing' and we can just let the players clean up the devs bad implementation over time.

Yea, because expanding build ranges has actually stopped us in the past....   wait dat a good joke.    

JK needs to face the facts that this is a sandbox and not weekend warrior Chaos.    You can be a weekend warrior, but don't expect to get anything done.  

MR may talk a lot of , but in the end we were the ones that kicked ya'll out of the HOTA, and pretty much relocated most of our kingdom's activity to the East side of the map, because we realized that it was time to stop thinking of the East as the frontlines, and to think of the East as our manifest destiny.    

Hell JK, needs to stop blowing hot air and relocate their own focus.  When I helped put down Kratos, I knew that the days of JK domination of the HOTA were numbered, and it wasn't like the taking of the HOTA area happened over night.  It took us well over a year, and much of that time we were completely unopposed.  After Sparta... well snap.        

Just what will it be next?   Can't break Kratos?   Oh... yea try and complain we haxored the top of the mountain.    Can't break a pit?   Oh snap... it must be our fault for digging it.    (Honestly I'm betting the days of pits being defensive will be numbered with bridges... but oh well.)  

I mean do we have to ask the permission of the almighty gifts to gameing that are the JK for everything we dream up?   MR don't do that, we just build, and build, and keep building until we burnout, then someone else keeps building.    It's just the way of the game, you want to punish us for having the audacity to participate in a sandbox game where building things is the complete focus, then come knock down our little castles atop the sand.    

Cut this stupid crap out.    

I'm Nintendojoe and I figured this out.

Q0heUd8.png

So either:

1. I'm not retarded, 

or (the more likely conclusion)

2. this doesn't involve strategy at all.

Try defending a deed using something I can't figure out by reading the forums or just clicking random things. Then we'll talk about expert strats.

there is no real strategy in planting a deed and teleporting to it when someone pops your alts local

thats just cheese

wtb pre-horse, pre-twitter, pre-ff

Couldnt agree more with removing twitter, i made a suggestion a good year or so asking to remove it because it makes the game "too easy". But alas, everyone does it, even yourself (you keeping alts on 24/7 at deeds you knew we may turn up to such as doin stuff etc).

> Stacking buffs

> Proper communication

/thread

Communicated with miniroll, planned where to place our deed an build it.  The hard work took about 2 minutes, the easy work took a further year to complete.  Guess that wasn't long enough to plan a counter attack?

Couldnt agree more with removing twitter, i made a suggestion a good year or so asking to remove it because it makes the game "too easy". But alas, everyone does it, even yourself (you keeping alts on 24/7 at deeds you knew we may turn up to such as doin stuff etc).

You do realize that the first thing we'll do after twitter gets removed is OCR on the local tab right ? It will just make raiding noobie deeds easier. Top deeds will bypass the twitter removal in a night. 

But +1. We have like 2-3 deeds. You have so many that you will get badly rekt if this changes. The only reason why we don't dare step on your deeds is cause 5 mins after alarm, a full MR badass crew will teleport in and butcher us like pigs :) If we get to raid you while you don't notice ... o boy :)

Edited by evilissle

Unfortunately im one of the few who takes the high road and doesn't use unnecessary mechanics to ruin the enjoyment of the game for others, i do abuse karma porting and wardeeds as they are backwards mechanics that really serve no purpose other than to hurt PvP, but that is also my opinion. You can continue dreaming that everyone does what you do.

It's not about that though, seeing as how this thread is about adding a 100 tile no build area to the Chaos HOTA zone in an attempt to increase random skirmishes and PvP as opposed to deed and gatehops and attempts to utilize developer interactions in an attempt to increase a percentage. People look for different routes of fun in the game, if walling in the HOTA is fun for you that is your opinion, but the OP does not share that opinion and as such he made a thread hoping to change it.

Edited by Propheteer

Unfortunately im one of the few who takes the high road and doesn't use unnecessary mechanics to ruin the enjoyment of the game for others.

Bwaahahahahahahahahahahahahhh...... man I'm putting that on my trophy quote wall.    

You got any other earthshaking "Heart to heart" to share with us?   

Seriously, you owe me a clean paper towel I had to use to wipe the splatter from the coffee impacting my laptop screen as I tried to laugh and choke on starbucks at the same time.    

Edited by Battlepaw
  • Like 1

Bwaahahahahahahahahahahahahhh...... man I'm putting that on my trophy quote wall.    

You got any other earthshaking "Heart to heart" to share with us?   

Seriously, you owe me a clean paper towel I had to use to wipe the splatter from the coffee impacting my laptop screen as I tried to laugh and choke on starbucks at the same time.    

It's alright, you owe me a few clean paper towels from every time i spat my drink out whenever you said MR got to where it is because of hard work as opposed to open opportunity and developer intervention. (which you defend by claiming hard work).

But i'll rest my case now as its clear the only reason this suggestion is opposed is because of the work put into the deeds nearby the HOTA rather than anything relevant to PvP or the encouragement of PvP. (Not to mention you and others are also bent on turning this into a kingdom v kingdom argument as opposed to whether this is good for the game argument)

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

It's like trying to talk to some form of cultists; you are so redpilled that you think that massive construction projects and erasing any form of competition, who arn't willing to spend their entire spare time and more fighting in what is a game.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but for me gaming is about fun, community and friendship. Now while I am at odds with certain people I doubt I would take any pleasure in driving any group from the server. Yet this is how certain people view the endgame for chaos and is disheartening to see in action.

To be honest, having the pretense that there is an endgame is both vain and foolish in the extreme. The endgame is to have fun and grow the server as an option for all players in the cluster to be involved in or atleast I'd prefer to believe that.

Sure changing the block radius might have no effect whatsoever but it would be a small improvement

Edit:(typing on a phone is too slow)

Edited by Postinglels

Forgive me if I'm wrong but for me gaming is about fun, community and friendship. Now while I am at odds with certain people I doubt I would take any pleasure in driving any group from the server. Yet this is how certain people view the endgame for chaos and is disheartening to see in action.

So, by taking over the HOTA area, we are driving you from the server.... ok.   Let me get this straight, you live on a PvP server... yes... you understand that you accept the fact you may actually have to fight?  Yes?    

Er where in the rules, or anywhere is it written that we can't put up a good fight by squatting on territory you want to own because you have trouble running the HOTA without first reducing our capacity to defend it?    

Edited by Battlepaw

Dunno man, I really don't think you guys know who I play on, but I have gotten my hands dirty from time to time, but this isn't about me or you and stop trying to make it be, like a hard man outside the local pub coz it ain't. It's about my opinion on what is potentially good for the server.

Now this might sound odd but it's not like I don't post suggestions that even my own peeps roflstomp. This suggestion just happens to effect your group and hey your doing your best to defend it and that's great.

But consider that the course you pursue might one day lead to the closing of the server, what then especially if there is deemed to no longer be a market for a freedom cluster pvp server. Pretty grim.

So have some courtesy and argue your points in a way that both represents you and the server you play on in a better fashion as plenty of people read these posts without ever engaging and certainly some of them are potentially people who might one day play here...

Dunno man, I really don't think you guys know who I play on, but I have gotten my hands dirty from time to time, but this isn't about me or you and stop trying to make it be, like a hard man outside the local pub coz it ain't. It's about my opinion on what is potentially good for the server.

Now this might sound odd but it's not like I don't post suggestions that even my own peeps roflstomp. This suggestion just happens to effect your group and hey your doing your best to defend it and that's great.

But consider that the course you pursue might one day lead to the closing of the server, what then especially if there is deemed to no longer be a market for a freedom cluster pvp server. Pretty grim.

So have some courtesy and argue your points in a way that both represents you and the server you play on in a better fashion as plenty of people read these posts without ever engaging and certainly some of them are potentially people who might one day play here...

I'm not doing my best to defend it.  You haven't really seen me put much effort into this topic trust me, my posts are only a few paragraphs long at best.   I'm basicly sitting here glancing at each attempt JK is trying to make and grimace in disgust at just how shamelessly self-centered it is.   

The funny thing is, that it wouldn't change a thing, the only thing it would acomplish would be to make the HOTA area bigger in effect and put the area that can be built upon at the doorstep of a JK deed, and at the same time gutting any ability for MR to defend from long established deeds. Not only that it wouldn't change a damm thing, we would migrate out to our outer deffensive deeds and start building them up, and next month we would be back right here with us rolling our eyes at you as you try some other stupid idea to try to destroy our hard work and waste our in-game time by crying to the devs. 

I've seen it be much more devistating to the trust and morale of players for Devs to take a direct intervention in PvP rather than let things play out.   Hell just look at your own gripes about how Sparta was handled.  I think the right call was made but it dosen't change the fact it was an intervention. 

One of the most retarded ones was that stupid WL/Bone Altar switch on the artifact recharge (after two no-build zone extensions) that was pulled on MR while we had it fortified at PIZZA, and you can see why we also don't really support this kind of crap on the forums affecting things that can be changed through in-game effort.    

Edited by Battlepaw

You aren't driving him from a PvP server, nor is he implying that.

He is implying, and pretty much directly stating that the way the game is, and the way we are using mechanics in its current state is hurting the amount of PvP that happens, lowering it drastically.

• Like 1

You aren't driving him from a PvP server, nor is he implying that.

He is implying, and pretty much directly stating that the way the game is, and the way we are using mechanics in its current state is hurting the amount of PvP that happens, lowering it drastically.

What lowered the PvP recently wasn't ownership of the HOTA, it was the fact players are in Elevation right now scrambling for the artifacts and trying to get footholds there too.  

PvP was there when MR jumped Kyara, or started to raid JK coastlines, it was there when we fought over SPARTA, and finally reduced it to ashes.    PvP was there when BL was active, and motivated.    It's always there when players participate.   The deeds we have around the HOTA are not stopping PvP they are targets for any attacking kingdom that needs to destroy them.   

They are there and will create PvP for any kingdom that wants that land badly enough.

When was the last time that you got chased near the bl steppe. That's the effect that deed hops has on any server. Pvp (by which I mean roaming not deed attrition) has dropped dramatically if chaos had 50% less deeds there would still be too many.

It takes months of what you may read as dedicated labour ( I have a better word for it) to disband a deed that is defended well by it's occupants. But this brings us to attrition. Every person has a breaking point where in this case the game stops being fun and becomes a chore and they or even the entire village leaves the game / server. This is not healthy for pvp in my opinion

Edit: double post op, pls nerf

Edited by Postinglels

So your breaking point is that you basicly put down a deed outside the HOTA, and... say well shucks, lets go home boyz.     I mean we must have done the same thing.    We gave up and just played dead so the nasty JK would leave the HOTA area alone long enough for us to plant magic shrooms that became deeds overnight.    

I think your forgetting the part where we pretty much destroyed every deed we needed to to capture the HOTA, and in a few instances that took months of work.     Everything from the first few stumbling attempts, until the final collapse of the the east coast JK deeds.   

That's the problem it's your opion.  From this perspective here it's not valid and certainly does not promote PvP to fight all your battles on the forums, instead of actually laying seige to MR war deeds.   PvP is player created and player driven, it becomes a chore when you have to rebuild deeds, without even getting any PvP out of them first simply because your enemy waged a forum campaign instead of actually attacking you.