Sign in to follow this  
Postinglels

100 tile no build area for chaos hota

Haha.

When JK had HSB and shenanigans on the Hota edge we were told, and I quote "to move closer and fight for what you want".

Do the same.

Haha.

When JK had HSB and shenanigans on the Hota edge we were told, and I quote "to move closer and fight for what you want".

Do the same.

They are... hence the forum pvp - only way to know how to fight. Only pvp Jk does is either forum pvp or when we are on their deed (1/30 times they show up). But yeah this is nonsense.

Edited by Argustin

Haha.

Do the same.

Aye, how many mountain ranges did we tunnel through again? Oh yeah.. THREE!

JK, in comparison, have this nice gently slopped, grassy tree'ed bit of a plain. Meh no wonder they fight like blind, confused pansies, their land made them soft.  :P

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

Anger posts and name calling don't sound like on topic posts to me. Keep it classy

Anger posts and name calling don't sound like on topic posts to me. Keep it classy

Meh staying on topic is boring, especially in dull threads with the same old re-hashed, failed arguments.

Haha.

Do the same.

Donno Red, I think we need to relocate again.  I heard Kyara leiks turtles.    

you have just as equal opportunity to control the area for yourself -1

if you want the land fight for it, and stop whining

It's not meant to be controlled. The competition is at HotA, not the land surrounding it. It's not a competition within a competition.

Get over yourself.

Using the "hard work" argument is ######. A lot of things require "hard work" and are against the rules or unintended (or not actually hard work *cough* meditating).

By the way, ever heard of slippery slope game design? Look it up, because that's what you're working for. It destroys competition. Have fun in your messed up ghost town server of the same people winning with the same broken mechanics against the same people who are insane enough to actually fight against your 3 health bars and instant kills. If you actually can't understand why people complain about this....

Edited by SotG_is_OP

I'm sorry i must be mistaken. I thought it was the devs to decide what can be controlled or not.. No some prepubescent, anger filled, self entitled forum troll.

Fight for what you want.

It's not meant to be controlled. The competition is at HotA, not the land surrounding it. It's not a competition within a competition.

Get over yourself.

Using the "hard work" argument is ######. A lot of things require "hard work" and are against the rules or unintended (or not actually hard work *cough* meditating).

By the way, ever heard of slippery slope game design? Look it up, because that's what you're working for. It destroys competition. Have fun in your messed up ghost town server of the same people winning with the same broken mechanics against the same people who are insane enough to actually fight against your 3 health bars and instant kills. If you actually can't understand why people complain about this....

What's the point of being able to actually build anything on chaos if you can't defend land? I mean almost the entire game revolves around a sandbox environment not a theme park where we buy tickets to come and play footsie at the HOTA.     

The way you make it sound nothing players do should have any meaning, or be able to control aspects of the world.  I mean seriously, the WL/Bone Altar is bad enough hopping around and landing in awkard spots with it's massive no-build zone,  but you think it's ok not just to extend the HOTA, which already takes up about 2-5% of the entire server, even wider?  That what we did over the course of 2 years, 3 fallen deeds, and countless deaths, drake sets, gear and time doesn't count as hard work?   

I don't know if I should laugh or grimace in response to such a stupid and completely ignorant comment.    

Edited by Battlepaw

I'm just continually shocked by the name calling. Can you actually argue your side without resorting to the language of hate. I mean I hear plenty of "muh fight for it" and yes people currently are, but I hear no counter argument as to why this placement of deeds and other buildings so close to the hota is really necessary.

• Like 2

I'm just continually shocked by the name calling. Can you actually argue your side without resorting to the language of hate. I mean I hear plenty of "muh fight for it" and yes people currently are, but I hear no counter argument as to why this placement of deeds and other buildings so close to the hota is really necessary.

No counter argument?   Do you have selective reading or something?    Honestly, if we don't agree with you do you even see those comments?    

Hell how is "They control the HOTA, so make it bigger."  A suggestion anyways?    

I'ts not a suggestion its a spit in the face to everyone who thinks this should be a sandbox game and not just an extension of forum PvP.     

Are you implying that this whole thread is nothing more than elaborate troll, please lol try stay on topic

Are you implying that this whole thread is nothing more than elaborate troll, please lol try stay on topic

Are there any other types when it comes to things like this?  

Due to cynical placement of wardeeds both legitimate and one placed by use of a bug with converting within opposing influence this would be a useful mechanic to introduce to the chaos server. Appropriate compensation would have to be given to deed owners in the area but it would make it far more difficult for any single kingdom to restrict access to the hota zone and go some way to reintroduce a semblance of competition at the event.

First, you have no one to blame but yourself in the way you introduced the entire topic.    You were heavily involved in the placement of the current war deed and you purposly constructed the topic to try and start a drama fest.   

There is nothing to "fix" here other than the JK's complete lack of motivation as a kingdom.    The kingdom was doing fine, and has a decent foothold at the HOTA, better than it's been for a long time and you don't want that.   You want an easy win.   

"Appropriate compensation."   What a joke.   How about you start with compensating us all for having to listen to this freaking joke of a "debate"?  

1.   All the MR deeds are directly next to the HOTA border, or within 100 tiles.    

2.   The JK deed, is not, and in any case is basicly a placeholder anyways, compared to what you propose to "compensate" us for.    

3.  You personally know the current situation, yet you think that the above two points aren't part of why we are against this idea.    

IF you haven't considered why everyone here dosn't think but they know this is a troll post, then I think you really need a better look at your suggestion.  

Edited by Battlepaw

I thank you for your positive feedback. Now can you cover the nature of fort freedom

I thank you for your positive feedback. Now can you cover the nature of fort freedom

Ah... the same Fort Freedom that converted to MR, partly because of actions from your kingdom?  Look on new map dump.   You see that little square in the center of that now massive fortification?   That was FF when it converted.    The players from FF and many others from MR have spent countless hours fortifying and enlarging the now massive complex.   It's now one of the most impressive deeds MR has in It's possession next to Kratos or HoM.    

That isn't just a war deed, it's a symbol of what players can accomplish when they join a kingdom that looks out for them and helps them succeed.    

Here comes everyone's favorite angry troll Evadaly to say instead of bitching to the DEVs about something you are to damn lazy to fight for, lets see maybe you should fight for it. It sounds crazy but that is what this game is about right, right. Or do I see this all wrong, I guess the way to play this game is if you are head it is because you cheated, you used haxs. And if you are losing you ###### to get if "fixed" by bitching for a reset on a server that to completely fine to begin with.

The HoTA is completely fine, it is not unreasonable for the enemy.

There is enough land left on the server to build whatever you want.

If we built in "your" lands and you don't like it and you "can't" remove it because we built it up to much for you, then who's fault it that. Not MR for building it, that is for sure.

There is no reason at all for all these " Chaos is dead", "Lets reset Chaos" topics. No reason at all. If you want something fight for it. If you want to ###### about it just do it in your own time with your people and leave that at home.

Love you friendly loving

Evadaly

Here comes everyone's favorite angry troll Evadaly to say instead of bitching to the DEVs about something you are to damn lazy to fight for, lets see maybe you should fight for it. It sounds crazy but that is what this game is about right, right. Or do I see this all wrong, I guess the way to play this game is if you are head it is because you cheated, you used haxs. And if you are losing you ###### to get if "fixed" by bitching for a reset on a server that to completely fine to begin with.

The HoTA is completely fine, it is not unreasonable for the enemy.

There is enough land left on the server to build whatever you ###### want.

If we built in "your" lands and you don't like it and you "can't" remove it because we built it up to much for you, then who's fault it that. Not MR for building it, that is for sure.

There is no reason at all for all these " Chaos is dead", "Lets reset Chaos" topics. No ###### reason at all. If you want something fight for it. If you want to ###### about it just do it in your own time with your people and leave that ###### ###### at home.

Love you friendly loving

Evadaly

Cant fight for something if bugs are used to create it in the first Place. I get a sense thats what this is all about? If this is the case then your whole post is invalid.

I wont express opinion here. Ill just mention that two of the three deeds surrounding hota were made by people who are now enemies of MR. Well at least one of the two, the other Im not exactly sure what he is.

We have 5 (well, a few more, but a few deeds are in a cluster and technically just one place) deeds around the hota.  Only 1 was not built by those of us that live there currently.

Also, there's a few posts claiming that one of our hota deeds was planted using a bug, but nobody actually mentions which. Could someone please elaborate, as I'm unaware as to which was planted in such a manner, as I don't condone such things and would like to have it investigated it was abused.

• Like 1

I'll have to be reminded about what kingdom i was in at the time but the real issue with fort freedom and other deeds is that they were converted by subverting the normal rules that kingdom influence applies.That deed is a technical impossibility due to the towers and the hunters lodge blocking distance. I'm no stranger to being involved in exploit allegations but as with all bug oversights I am familiar with punishment.

It's obviously too much to ask for any concrete changes, especially with the leakage of a certain disgruntled kingdom but a deed block could easily be placed and eventually these deeds could be removed by player intervention as they would no longer be re-sizable.

I leave this for your consideration

• Like 1

How is it "Subverting" if a deed openly started off as it's own entity, with the full intention of forming a Freedom Isles deed, then reconsidered it due to the actions by kingdoms on the server?   

Does this mean It's subversion to convert any deed that is unhappy with their current kingdom?  Or is that somehow against the rules? I also don't see the bearing on trying to extend the entire HOTA out over deeds that have no such issues simply on your whim and because we have a deed next to hunter's lodge.  (which really makes no difference anyways, and in fact keeps Fort Freedom from expanding.)   

Edited by Battlepaw

Can the HOTA zone be seen on this new Chaos Map released some Days ago? If so, is there any deeds inside the actual zone? Is there any rules on wild server that cleary states that deeds are not allowed to be placed in said zone? is there any game mechanic that prevents deeds from being placed inside the hota zone or near the zone border? If there is and a deed is inside the hota zone, well then that deed needs to be moved out from the Hota Zone.

Kind of obvious when you Think about it.

Cant fight for something if bugs are used to create it in the first Place. I get a sense thats what this is all about? If this is the case then your whole post is invalid.

I would like to know these "Bugs" you are talking about. And if bugs were used they why did they not get fixed? If it is a bug that to stopping you from fighting then report that "bug" show how it is a bug and have then fix it so it is fair. Don't try yo change the rules because of a so called bug that was used to make it.

It's not within the HOTA zone, all MR deeds on that map dump do not have deed borders within the HOTA.    I've seen how FF sits and the surrounding gateway deeds, and none of them are within the HOTA.    

Honesty, when it comes to Hunter's lodge I have no idea why it's there at all.    Freedom players can't run the HOTA properly without an actual deed from what I've gathered and that stupid spawn point does nothing but put new players next to a PvP warzone, often with them having no idea how dangerous it is.  The only thing I've seen it used for in connection with the actual HOTA itself was a spy alt spawn point back before the changes to free alts.    New spawns don't even have the ability to participate at all since the changes to non-prems.    

Also does hunter's lodge even have proper influence range?   I don't think there are any freedom towers left, looking at our influence map I don't see how your point has an current validity, since the influence range of Hunter's lodge pushes FF back a great deal. 

If you look on that map, it's a dirt wall up against hunter's lodge, but the actual deeds are far back from It's influence range.    It certainly dosen't give them any more advantage than any other deed right next to the HOTA in any case.  If anything it's a pain in the butt for us.  

Stupid hunter's lodge should get removed or at least if the completely pointless default kingdom can't even use it to advance in the HOTA.    

Edited by Battlepaw

Fort freedom is actually far enough away from HL that it could be placed - in fact, since it's conversion, there are two deeds that sit closer to HL and were placed as MR.  Though if there are genuine concerns about the placement of the deeds, please inform the GMs so that any issues can be sorted properly.

Can the HOTA zone be seen on this new Chaos Map released some Days ago? If so, is there any deeds inside the actual zone? Is there any rules on wild server that cleary states that deeds are not allowed to be placed in said zone? is there any game mechanic that prevents deeds from being placed inside the hota zone or near the zone border? If there is and a deed is inside the hota zone, well then that deed needs to be moved out from the Hota Zone.

Kind of obvious when you Think about it.

No deeds are within the hota area - the game actively prevents deed placements in certain zones, such as the WL/BL areas, battle camps and ofcourse, the HotA.

• Like 1

So, after Reading the facts presented by both parties I only wanted to ask this: Whats the purpose of this topic ?