108 members have voted

1. 1. Reset Chaos

• Yes
    • Maybe if better map is made.
    • No
    • No i would not like to rebuild everything

Troll.

Your corner is that way

dont bother applying for any kingdom on chaos neither.

• Like 2

I am a new player and would like to play on Chaos. Thus i would like that we remake the chaos map like what Rolf did with Epic. No map size changes. HOTA in center with rivers leading to it and connected to PVE server on both sides. 

No increase in map size. A good makeover will be awesome!!!

So let me get this right, Your a new player, new to Wurm, never tried PvP, you want to TRY Chaos. If you want to TRY Chaos why on earth would you want a Map Reset? This would defeat the purpose of Trying Chaos as a Map Reset would wipe out everything that makes Chaos, well Chaos. You are going to have to come up with a much better reason that I am new and want a reset (I.E. I want a chance to survive on Chaos, Dont blow up my stuff dude, MR controls too much of the Map ect ect.) There could be many reasons for a full Map reset such as MR has 100% control and thats not likely to ever happen. I voted no mainly cause this is about Wurm History. Dont take away the history of Chaos.  

Edit: You want Chaos to be reset, just like elevation.  I mean, if only there was a new pvp map you could play on, like elevation, huh? <-------This and this -----> Troll.

Your corner is that way

dont bother applying for any kingdom on chaos neither.

Edited by Kriet
  • Like 1

Nope.

I played on Chaos when it was still the wild server and returned a few years ago.

I founded a town about 2 years ago, which due to its size hasn't fully finished its defenses but is now close to it. It takes time, but it's possible.

And empty land? There is TONS of it.

I don't think of the PvP as stale. The thing with pvp in wurm is, its not like other games. If someone crafts at his deed it is unlikely he'll get pvp unless someone else comes to him to attack. That's the whole point of it. If people don't leave their deeds they cannot expect the other side to do it either.

I think connecting the other borders of Chaos to the existing servers would be a far better choice. Being a player from the so called winning kingdom of Mol Rehan - I can see how that would endanger my position on the west side of the map. Most of the fighters live in the east anyway.

So raiding from Freedom would be possible from Xanadu's west border. People might even end up establishing new deeds / PMKs on the west side. Or at least trying to.

I am a new player and would like to play on Chaos. Thus i would like that we remake the chaos map like what Rolf did with Epic. No map size changes. HOTA in center with rivers leading to it and connected to PVE server on both sides. 

No increase in map size. A good makeover will be awesome!!!

Nope... reset a server with over half a decade of history because "I'm a new player" So we should axe a 7 year old server with active and dedicated kingdoms simply for your convenience?   ugh.   

What a joke.   

Edited by Battlepaw
  • Like 1

I remember another thread not long ago suggesting that Chaos (Wild) should be reset (all player work wiped out). These "reset" threads always strike me as very self centered and proposed by those who have put little into enhancing those environments with their own works and craftsmanship.

Wild (Chaos) has a very extensive history over the years reflected by its current physical state. This server history should never be tampered with and wiped out by any server "reset", even more so by those who have put little participation into it with such a careless suggestion. Although I have never been to "Chaos" or even Wild and have no desire to, I can appreciate the history of the players there held within the lands as they have shaped them to its current state.

Whimsical suggestions such as these "resets" which lack any consideration for others enhancements to these environments should be given the same as being anything other than destructive. More simply put, a goofy idea with little thought put into it. Doh!

=Ayes=

• Like 1

While I'm pretty sure this wouldn't happen, the only option would be to reuse the same map again, fresh.

I remember another thread not long ago suggesting that Chaos (Wild) should be reset (all player work wiped out). These "reset" threads always strike me as very self centered and proposed by those who have put little into enhancing those environments with their own works and craftsmanship.

Wild (Chaos) has a very extensive history over the years reflected by its current physical state. This server history should never be tampered with and wiped out by any server "reset", even more so by those who have put little participation into it with such a careless suggestion. Although I have never been to "Chaos" or even Wild and have no desire to, I can appreciate the history of the players there held within the lands as they have shaped them to its current state.

Whimsical suggestions such as these "resets" which lack any consideration for others enhancements to these environments should be given the same as being anything other than destructive. More simply put, a goofy idea with little thought put into it. Doh!

=Ayes=

It's more than just that, heh.   I've seen many of these "Reset chaos" topics come and go.  Many of the reasons players bring up have nothing to do with the map itself.   Its more that they think they need a server reset to succeed.   There are reasons I've given why we are so restricted on Chaos, and little of it has to do with the map itself.   Much of it has to do with the fact there is only one single sailing connection, and causes most of the fighting to be centered on one area.  I don't see that changing with a map reset, as the development team has just ignored all suggestions, not even bothering to comment on them.   

As for needing a map reset to succeed, that is both foolish and self-centered.   MR alone gets about 2-3 new applications a week, not all make it in or stick with the game, but we always do our best to help them get started, and give them the tools they need to suceed.   We even have training sites on other servers for players who don't feel comfortable jumping right into Chaos.  

The other kingdoms are much like ours.  I've seen both BL and JK players move over here after long extensive time preparing on Freedom servers, or just jumping right in, in nearly all instances I've been witness to the kingdoms have been supportive of them.  When they aren't other kingdoms will often pickup the players such as what happened with Edoras, etc.     

For players that want a new server there already is one.  I can't understand why the OP dose't just go to Epic and participate in the shiny new car feeling that is inherent with with the new elevation map.   

Edited by Battlepaw

Honestly?  I do hate the PvP element of the game, it's all advantage to the old and death to the new.

However I also think that Chaos is really an interesting microcosm.  It is filled with large egos and unbeatable titans, new players either bow to the old or die.  That is the way of the wild and really is what chaos is supposed to be, a no holds barred world where people do whatever they like and take the consequences of that.

I've voted no, one day I may even create an alt just to go look at some of the ruins and landforms on chaos.

The one thing I do like about the suggestion is a freedom connection on both sides.

Release East Coast/ Pristine East Coast to Chaos West coast similar to the Chaos Indy/Deli connection.

Other than that, no.........

• Like 1

I wont bother replying ... Play the server first for some time and then have an opinion about it. Enough with the assumptions ...

-1, I think this would be a very bad idea and render all the history and work useless done by hundreds of players over time.  The map still functions well.   I believe Elevation was reset as there were functional problems with map size and HoTA topography relating to meaningful pvp.  People that spent countless weeks/months/years building there took a hard hit on the reset.

Voted no.  It's the best map of all Wurm.  Reset just because one kingdom has an advantage presently? That's silly.

Honestly?  I do hate the PvP element of the game, it's all advantage to the old and death to the new.

However I also think that Chaos is really an interesting microcosm.  It is filled with large egos and unbeatable titans, new players either bow to the old or die.  That is the way of the wild and really is what chaos is supposed to be, a no holds barred world where people do whatever they like and take the consequences of that.

I've voted no, one day I may even create an alt just to go look at some of the ruins and landforms on chaos.

Wild/Chaos is so misunderstood by players that have hardly/never been there.  There is not a single "unbeatable titan" and every warrior added to a side can make a difference, every single one.  It's more of a numbers-tactics-strategy KvK not about single titans.

On Wild we had one of our "unbeatable titans" fully geared cut down by 5-8 non-premium brand new (under 20FS) accounts with no armour.  There are no unbeatable accounts, if you played on Wild/Chaos for any reasonable time you'd know that. 

Will one titan account beat a weak account? Yes almost every time. 

Titan vs 2x medium 70FS well played accounts? It's even, anything can happen (RNG).

Titan vs 3x medium 70FS well played accounts? The titan will likely lose.

There are no Godlike characters as it pertains Wild PvP, nobody is unbeatable, it's a myth.

Wild (I'm sticking to Wild because I still think Chaos is inaccurate in all ways), is Wurms 'end-game'.  Once you realize that you're digging for no good reason on Freedom except decoration, come to Wild and do it with reason/purpose and adrenalin... because as 'bad' as the mechanics of PvP in Wurm are, if you don't get an adrenalin rush in Wurm PvP when it's all out, you're dead inside.

Here's a secret:  Get 25-30 'dedicated consistent' players of 70FS that play aggressively and together, and you'll get 20% of the map too.

No need to reset the map.  It's beautiful, and no Kingdom has won, not even when MR was beaten back to the Gold Coast years ago.

• Like 4

The way I see it,

Elevation: Non permanent map*, faster pace of pvp and play in general. Easier for people who want to hit the ground running and enjoy quick pvp.

Chaos: Permanent map, territorial stand-offs and long term wars are fought out. People who play here are playing for the long game and wish to build up their prowess and take on their established enemies.

A reset would just go against that completely. The map still has tons of potential in it, who knows where Chaos could be in the next 3-5 years.

*Assuming those on Elevation want regular resets, they might not.

Edited by Madt
  • Like 1

What you need is a new map where players interested in pvp but don't want to join Chaos (for whatever reason) can settle with their PMK's or whatever and give people a one time only choice to move to this new server (and forever abandoning Chaos) or staying where they are. Newer folks who don't want to pvp in the old world get to to start in a brand new land along with those vets that want to break from the existing drudgery while those that happy to remain on Chaos can continue treading.

As people come in they can decide whether they want to settle on the old and established for their pvp or venture into new territory without needing to play 7 years of catch up.

Either way, best of both worlds solution .. you could even throw in a paid server move option on the shop to periodically move those with restless feet.

Or something ..

What you need is a new map where players interested in pvp but don't want to join Chaos (for whatever reason) can settle with their PMK's or whatever and give people a one time only choice to move to this new server (and forever abandoning Chaos) or staying where they are. Newer folks who don't want to pvp in the old world get to to start in a brand new land along with those vets that want to break from the existing drudgery while those that happy to remain on Chaos can continue treading.

As people come in they can decide whether they want to settle on the old and established for their pvp or venture into new territory without needing to play 7 years of catch up.

Either way, best of both worlds solution .. you could even throw in a paid server move option on the shop to periodically move those with restless feet.

Or something ..

GO PLAY EPIC DANABBIT!

This already friken exists!

You will always be playing catchup to more advanced accounts, that's just part of Chaos, and it won't change with a new map, the advanced PvPers will be there too.   Epic is the best bet if you want to skill up fast and play that catch-up game in a shorter amount of time.     Yes MR is dominating on Chaos atm.  Changing that isn't about catch-up.  It's about playing the PvP game, and participating.    If you don't want to participate in Chaos, help a kingdom out, and change the battlespace there then go to Epic.   

Edited by Battlepaw

Understood its impossible to cap a tower and would simply die if i try to bash and rebuild a tower. 

Also MR hunt new players for fun thus will play on PVE for now. 

Close please. 

GO PLAY EPIC DANABBIT!

This already friken exists!

Then why don't you goto Epic, huh?

That's right, you don't want to give up your skills same as most other people. Epic is not an answer to established players and trying to send them there for pvp isn't the answer no matter how often people yell it. 

These are the main issues :-

1) People from Freedom don't want to goto Epic for PVP because they don't want to not be able to take advantage of their existing skills.

2) People from Freedom (not all of course but enough) don't want to go to Chaos for a number of reasons, not least being it's an old, established map (people like shiny and new) and the entrenched player base and play style is not compatible with how the majority of Freedomers play. 

3) People from Freedom as well as (some) new players who want to have a go at pvp DON'T WANT TO PLAY WITH THE VETERANS ALREADY LIVING IN CHAOS because they a) Don't know the lay of the land, B) Don't really understand how pvp and associated politics works on Chaos and c) Are fearful of being curb stomped by vastly more skilled, experienced and knowledgeable players.

That doesn't apply for all but certainly does for enough to put them right off.

However, a new server where the established and invested Chaos player base are unlikely to permanently migrate to would seem like a better option for Freedomers sitting on the fence but put off by the above. Not only that, these fence sitters get to explore, settle and build like we know they enjoy and will have the chance to do things a little differently to how they are elsewhere.

The usual argument against this sort of thing if the whole "diluting the player base". If the players interested in pvp aren't getting into it for the reasons described above you wouldn't be missing them anyway.

Then why don't you goto Epic, huh?

That's right, you don't want to give up your skills same as most other people. Epic is not an answer to established players and trying to send them there for pvp isn't the answer no matter how often people yell it. 

These are the main issues :-

1) People from Freedom don't want to goto Epic for PVP because they don't want to not be able to take advantage of their existing skills.

2) People from Freedom (not all of course but enough) don't want to go to Chaos for a number of reasons, not least being it's an old, established map (people like shiny and new) and the entrenched player base and play style is not compatible with how the majority of Freedomers play. 

3) People from Freedom as well as (some) new players who want to have a go at pvp DON'T WANT TO PLAY WITH THE VETERANS ALREADY LIVING IN CHAOS because they a) Don't know the lay of the land, B) Don't really understand how pvp and associated politics works on Chaos and c) Are fearful of being curb stomped by vastly more skilled, experienced and knowledgeable players.

That doesn't apply for all but certainly does for enough to put them right off.

However, a new server where the established and invested Chaos player base are unlikely to permanently migrate to would seem like a better option for Freedomers sitting on the fence but put off by the above. Not only that, these fence sitters get to explore, settle and build like we know they enjoy and will have the chance to do things a little differently to how they are elsewhere.

The usual argument against this sort of thing if the whole "diluting the player base". If the players interested in pvp aren't getting into it for the reasons described above you wouldn't be missing them anyway.

You think it would be any less of a political game if every freedom player came over to a "new" Chaos?   Or that it would keep freedom players from getting "curb stomped"?    

LOL.... If anyone would reset Chaos I would laugh my butt off, because I've been to freedom and watched the politics between groups of players there, and many of them play on Epic, where I watch how they interact there too.    It would be no less of a political game, and the curb stomping would still be quite brutal if they don't have any organization, and it would occur because resetting the server won't change how players or the communities feel about each other or the accounts themselves.     

Hell if you don't think the vets would follow you to a new server, hell I know quite a few JK that are just itching to stop getting their butt's kicked and run somewhere where they would have no problem crushing weaker freedom groups into the dust under their boots, and I know that there are just as many organized MR that would want to get in on the fun.   The politics would likely be the same in any case, and you would be back here on the forums catcalling and trying to pretend everything should be "fair"      At the end of the day the pvp player base on freedom would be even more dluted than it is now with Epic releasing a reboot.   

It's really pathetic.    What's sad is that Chaos has a ton of potential, but we are always stuck fighting on one side of the map because the freaking developers refuse to listen to years of complaints from us because only one side of the whole massive server is open.     I don't know whats more of a joke, your idea that things need to be fresh, for you to be able to succeed or how much of a stupid situation we are in simply because the freaking development team can't make a simple change.    It won't change how well MR is setup or dominating, but it will let any group push into Chaos from any side and should have been done years ago.    

It's really pathetic.    What's sad is that Chaos has a ton of potential, but we are always stuck fighting on one side of the map because the freaking developers refuse to listen to years of complaints from us because only one side of the whole massive server is open.     I don't know whats more of a joke, your idea that things need to be fresh, for you to be able to succeed or how much of a stupid situation we are in simply because the freaking development team can't make a simple change.    It won't change how well MR is setup or dominating, but it will let any group push into Chaos from any side and should have been done years ago.    

I think you're missing the point. You can stay on Chaos with your Chaos buddies and continue to dominate and curb stomp anyone you like and if the present population are happy to stay there, great! You can carry on as per usual. Meanwhile, people who don't want that go to this new server with new PMK's and different people and start over fresh without you and anyone else too tied to Chaos to want anything new. 

It's cool, you know? You don't have to go anywhere. 

But wait, your opposition is based upon the expectation that your enemies would rush at the prospect of getting away from you. That could be true, we see how MR is and how overpowering it has become so getting away from that is pretty attractive. Who's fault is that, exactly?

And hey, if EVERYBODY left to get away from you then you came over anyway at least we'd have a nice clean map to play on and not the ancient, used up mess that is Chaos.

But whatever, I think we know your only real interest is the continuation of your preferred playstyle, regardless what anybody else may want or what's healthy for the game. 

This idea at least offers a reasonable choice to Freedomers.

It's your own faults people don't want to play on Chaos with you.

Understood its impossible to cap a tower and would simply die if i try to bash and rebuild a tower. 

Also MR hunt new players for fun thus will play on PVE for now. 

Close please. 

HAHA.. Bad MR hunting down new players... Yeah mate we made a habit out of hunting down freedomers... All we do all day is camp the border for new ppl to kill... Get some better info man...

Edited by emoticondnd

I think you're missing the point. You can stay on Chaos with your Chaos buddies and continue to dominate and curb stomp anyone you like and if the present population are happy to stay there, great! You can carry on as per usual. Meanwhile, people who don't want that go to this new server with new PMK's and different people and start over fresh without you and anyone else too tied to Chaos to want anything new. 

It's cool, you know? You don't have to go anywhere. 

But wait, your opposition is based upon the expectation that your enemies would rush at the prospect of getting away from you. That could be true, we see how MR is and how overpowering it has become so getting away from that is pretty attractive. Who's fault is that, exactly?

And hey, if EVERYBODY left to get away from you then you came over anyway at least we'd have a nice clean map to play on and not the ancient, used up mess that is Chaos.

But whatever, I think we know your only real interest is the continuation of your preferred playstyle, regardless what anybody else may want or what's healthy for the game. 

This idea at least offers a reasonable choice to Freedomers.

It's your own faults people don't want to play on Chaos with you.

Pfft Anchient,  Used up?

Most of the players I know here on Chaos enjoy the fact the map is ancient, and that we build upon years of history.  Saying something is ancient and used up is an oxymoron in wurm.    Nothing gets "used up" because everything is re-used.   Mines collapse and form new veins, deeds decay and fall apart, years later another faction moves in and rebuilds it, adds to it, then it falls into disrepair, and yet another group claims it, and uses it.   

I've seen so many deeds go through this cycle it's almost a staple of the server.   What really disturbs me is that you want to blame a kingdom for being successful.    As if the status quo is supposed to be that everyone gets a fresh start to be able to enjoy the game.   Well tell that to MR, who built their PMK from the ashes of a set kingdom that was in decline, or the BL who made a unique PMK to separate themselves from HOTS.   Or Ebonaura that does it's own thing and doesn't care what the other kingdoms want from them.    

My preferred playstlyle is that the most active, and motivated kingdom should be the one to be successful.   This is exactly why I want all the server borders opened up, so that we would have to fight for the heartlands, if another PMK wants them, and not just rely on our control of the existing coastlines, which is one of the things that locks most PvP into the East coast, and makes it very difficult to raid the west part of the map.    There is plenty of land on Chaos, but there is only one server border.   It's freaking insane, and basicly makes fighting on Chaos like fighting inside a bucket with only one way to fill it.