Reset Chaos[Close]

Reset chaos  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Reset Chaos

• Yes
    • Maybe if better map is made.
    • No
    • No i would not like to rebuild everything

I am a new player and would like to play on Chaos. Thus i would like that we remake the chaos map like what Rolf did with Epic. No map size changes. HOTA in center with rivers leading to it and connected to PVE server on both sides. 

No increase in map size. A good makeover will be awesome!!!

Spoke with Battlepaw and understood that it is nearly impossible for me as a new player to get land on Chaos. Thus i will leave PVP for now. 

Edited by XxXForgottenXxX
  • Like 1

I voted No, as i find that Chaos is not Epic. The pvp is not staled and Chaos size map is big enough to not stop building. Also it is not possible to move all the stuff from Chaos to Freedom the same way as there is only 1 side of the corner to cross, being east border.

Addition to this using stuff like: No, i am an old timer i find is not normal for a question. I am not an old timer but still answer No. It would be the same as making a question: Should i get 1Gold for fun:

1. Yes, your awesome!

2. No, you are cheap and greedy.

So it seems like a troll question, not sure if you even play Chaos, but if a serious question, maybe not make unbiased!.

Yes i want to play on chaos, and the last option is No because most of the old timer would say, i made a deed and now why reset. 

But the thing is a new map is more fun and gives new opportunities to late joiners like me.

I added a new option so you or anyone does not think, this is a troll. I am seriously thinking to join Chaos and am asking for a new map as people on Epic did. This is my personal suggestion. 

Thanks

Edited by XxXForgottenXxX

i may not play on chaos, But heres my opinion on it.

The map is old, a map reset i highly doubt would hurt chaos, At all. Really i think it would help chaos more then anything since according to chaos discussions, One kingdom has all artifacts, and like 16? or 26? % controlled server land, which was the whole western coast. So everything has reached a bit of a stalemate until one kingdom feels ballsy enough to go after one another. However, A reset would hurt the freedom economy a little bit, As MR, & JK Wagons would become a common place item. 

Would i recommend a reset of the map? No, Id rather have all kingdom towers, and roads uprooted, And the maps ancient ruins, ripped out and flattened by GM's to make it nice and pretty again. And possible re-position of the hota & a add a couple islands & such, just to add in a little bit of spice to the world.

Chaos map is nice, But it is a mess of slopes & roads & towers EVERYWHERE. 

If the devs make a vote you just need to get the epic trolls to port over and vote like chaos did for the ele map, should work out well.

• Like 5

I voted yes as it'd be wonderful to have all those dirt walls that were made by exploits/bugs/GMs removed, amongst other things, so that no deed exists which is safer than a deed that was built today could ever be. Gotta keep things even.

Chaos map is nice, But it is a mess of slopes & roads & towers EVERYWHERE. 

I personally don't think it's messy, if you look at the mapdump, whole areas in the north-west, south-west and east are pretty empty. There's still a lot of land to play with if people want to. http://maps.mvcomputing.co.uk/Chaos

• Like 1

Chaos map is fine. Join, play, and then figure out if it's bad or not.

No, Chaos is a beautiful map. The new maps are for some reason less attractive compared to the older ones (Chaos, Independence). Seems like they have a different tool for making maps now or simply don't put as much effort in making them.

Chaos is the best and oldest map, I think part of it's appeal should be that no matter what it's never reset.

It's good to see how the map changes over time with the rise and fall of kingdoms, new kingdoms coming into the fray, new players, old players etc.

The one thing that is constant is the map, and that is the great appeal I think. If you want to experience pvp in new lands, go to Elevation on Epic. If you want to play the slow game in pvp and play the oldest map in wurm, you come to Chaos.

Resetting chaos would just make a lot of people probably quit, there's no good reason to reset it.

If you can think of any good reasons to reset it apart from "it's so old, I want a new map" or "It'll do good look at elevation" then sure. But I strongly think Chaos should remain the only map that's never reset and Elevation has regular resets every 3-4 years or so.

• Like 1

If the devs make a vote you just need to get the epic trolls to port over and vote like chaos did for the ele map, should work out well.

nom nom , your tears taste wonderful.

I voted yes as it'd be wonderful to have all those dirt walls that were made by exploits/bugs/GMs removed, amongst other things, so that no deed exists which is safer than a deed that was built today could ever be. Gotta keep things even.

There are no dirt walls that were made by bugs/exploits/GMs. Also that's kinda a serious accusation claiming random GMs have made dirtwalls that were against the rules.

• Like 3

You can't be serious. 99% of chaos players would only write something like this as a troll. That other 1% are probably just weekend-warriors or just insane. And I damn sure hope that freedomers/epicers won't be deciding about multiple-years-of-hard-work-server-reset just cause someone may think that a new map would be "awesome". Instead, XxXForgottenXxX, try building a deed and when you complete it after 6-36 months you'll see what "awesome" means.

EDIT: also, reseting chaos would reset all of it's history, all the fallen and uprising kingdoms, all the tales of building magnificent deeds and conquering lands. This is not just a build and destroy map. This is where you do your best to engrave your name on pages of history books!

Edited by Mika
  • Like 3

I think moders must close this topic, useless trolling, thats all.

• Like 1

This poll is just wow. Just no. Chaos is beatuful enough as it is... Make this a public vote btw, s we can see how many freedomers are voting "yes" to influence bad changes for PVP.

• Like 1

No, Chaos is a beautiful map. The new maps are for some reason less attractive compared to the older ones (Chaos, Independence). Seems like they have a different tool for making maps now or simply don't put as much effort in making them.

Maybe cuz Notch left B) B)

-1 also sup Hashiramas cousin/Hashirama.

Edited by Rasu

it is like proposing reset of Europe, because it is too old continent, because countries there are allocated not exactly by your liking ... just stupid idea or trolling attempt

• Like 1

like all the ones voting in the forward spawn poll

I am a new player and would like to play on Chaos. Thus i would like that we remake the chaos map like what Rolf did with Epic. No map size changes. HOTA in center with rivers leading to it and connected to PVE server on both sides. 

No increase in map size. A good makeover will be awesome!!!

Why not just play on Epic then?

Dont see the point.

what if every 6months or wathever a new player asks for a reset....

You want Chaos to be reset, just like elevation.  I mean, if only there was a new pvp map you could play on, like elevation, huh?

• Like 1