Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

How's the new map?

Get a negative alignment on PvE and then convert. How you do that/how people maintain it, Im not sure. 

It can actually be maintained by burying... yes burying corpse after you become a follower. Once you become a Tosiek follower it is against the religion to butcher corpse... but you will gain a negative alignment for burying a corpse instead.

I like it. It's a bit flat, but maybe that's a good thing. The large size makes me want to go out and roam solo more, especially since a crew of oakshelled hellhorses isn't three minutes away at all times like they were on old Ele.

• Like 1

The map is awesome- I wish Xanadu were a bit more like it

• Like 2

from what i have seen there are no really high mountains so if anyone won a valrei item they have no where to get closer to the heavens.

• Like 1

Lovely map with plenty of ore as far as i can see.

Cheers for fixing the spells. (I enjoy poking those pr guys, gets stuff done) xD

As for the fact tosiek isn't aligned with a kingdom yet, is that working as intended?

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/121581-pmr-alignment-bugged/

If us player's missunderstood the functionality, then please provide more details on how to make tosiek align with a kingdom template.

Overall: Good job.

EDIT:

I just learned of some of the spells tosiek got (by my villager which was the first follower to ever go tosiek)... and he is already questionably THE BEST pvp god despitie being at hideously low faith... (heck we dont even know which of the high-faith super abilities he get)

Any plans to rebalance new gods?

EDIT2: In general... I'd honestly prefer if these new (possibly completely overpowered) gods remained as a friend-of-all type of religion... Purely based on the fact they are imbalanced and that no kingdom-template should have a tremendous advantage.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 3

Lots of space is great for the map, but IMO, more naturally rough terrain makes things more interesting PvP-wise than just flat terrain, but the separate islands etc. provide some of that as well.  Also there's no mountains. :(

Looks good though!

Edited by Fireflyb

The ore was kinda far out only in certain areas, but the map is nice.

I noticed we mined out two caverns, one was our general shard cave on deed, and in a 20x20 or so we had about 12 veins, however, we moved about half a local SW and did that again for the boatmine and only got two.

• Like 1

Map is good but still we have "local"...

F2P's dont.

Question: Tosiek apparently gets dark messenger in his spell list - this is essentially a BL version of courier.  My understanding is that a mail box made with dark messenger is only usable by BL kingdom members, so is this spell completely useless on Freedom servers?  For Libila followers, it makes sense, since they can't leave PvP (well, they can't be Libila followers outside PvP, anyway), but perhaps it would be worth swapping this out for courier for Tosiek, since there could be Tosiek followers on PvE.

i still like the map before this one more, but its still 5 million times better than the first 1

Hi everyone,

I'm interested in how you think things are working out with the new Elevation map.

Also, I will be looking into Tosiek spells today.

Zing!

I really like the new map.

Can we redo chaos map also Rolf please, pretty please  :wub:

*Sigh*  Chaos map is old, run down, and Simply Sapping the strength and potential of Epic.   Shutting it down would be bennificial to Wurm.   Epic for PVP, Freedom for peacefull whatever.

• Like 4

*Sigh*  Chaos map is old, run down, and Simply Sapping the strength and potential of Epic.   Shutting it down would be bennificial to Wurm.   Epic for PVP, Freedom for peacefull whatever.

*Sigh* Why don't people realize that excuse works both ways?

I like epic, But if it were to shut down(hypothetically), it would HELP wurm as a whole. It would make most PvPers go to one place, Increase the amount of coin going around freedom by a vast amount. Granted, Not all would go to chaos, I know a good chunk of Epic Players have said they would never join Chaos, But then again, They also said their quitting and aren't coming back, But their on elevation right now. Soo that says a lot in my opinion. 

And this will inevitably sound as me judging Epic in a bad way but, If Chaos can sap the strength out of epic, That says A LOT about the strength in Epic's Power Or "Foothold" in this community. 

• Like 1

Aw snap Chaos vs Epic starting leak in here.(aka gtfo)

Anyway map looks great I actually hate mountains pain in the ass and just see no reason have many or hell any.

Work on those tosiek spells though.

• Like 1

Im on Xannadu and it seem all the good spots are gone already, I am just wondering how brutal the pvp servers are as all the other ones are way to crowded !

Im on Xannadu and it seem all the good spots are gone already, I am just wondering how brutal the pvp servers are as all the other ones are way to crowded !

Theirs plenty of good spots left on xanadu, Just depending on what your looking for is the issue at hand.

Me, if i was looking for a place on xanadu, id live on a hill on the NE corner, Not many deeds their, most are decaying, LOADS Of monsters to hunt & you'd have a nice view to the south west too. And a little bonus is you'd be close to the coast, so if you expand and get a secondary deed going, you can make a dock their & have a coastal deed thats close but no too far that its 30 minutes to transport crates from the coast to your deed.

Or if your looking for a place right on the coast, Pretty much just look at the map dump of xanadu and look for a forest thats next to the coast. Then go their and settle in. Id recommend looking around the north as the south, west and east sides are mostly taken. North is a bit tougher tho, So be prepared for battle up their. 

Hello Rolf,the map is very cool i like alot,but theres some issues with frame drops,lagg,memory leak,and some crashs also,is there a way to fix this?because when it comes the war,hota,etc... we will have problems when fighting,i know that you reduce the animations when is far,that helped,but since is more bigger the map,lots of ppl is complaining about the same issues,is there a way to optimize this issue that we are getting ingame.

Best reggards Cybrax,JKE/JKH

WorldStar Capitol :)