Sign in to follow this  
evilissle

Shield of the Gone priest spell - 25% dmg reduction

Favor requirement : 80

Faith requirement : 80

Duration : 0.35 * cast_power

Difficulty : 60

Effect: While in effect, the user receives 25% damage reduction. Can be dispelled, can't stack with 50% sotg.

I won't go into the details over the sotg vs no sotg accounts debate and the artifacts being OP. We've been through it many times. I believe this is a good compromise for both issues.

Edited by evilissle

What about the following spells to balance that out?

12.5% skillgain for cast duration

25% stamina loss reduction for cast duration

Spell damage reduction for cast duration

1.5x bandaging effectiveness etc.

IMO it's only going to result in more discussions about balancing and not solve anything.

• Like 2

I am close to shield of the gone, but until am sotg, i am happy to fight the badass strong toons who already have sotg, because hey? i can get it. Its not like impossible to achieve. And until i get it, i do not need this shiiity spell or whatever your selling to fight others with sotg.

Devs and the player base don't understand balance and because of this, it is a step in the wrong direction. Lol

@Hashirama

Lol you never pvp, king of the safezone.

@Metaldragon

Its a step towards the wrong direction because the staff do not have the mental strength to endure the aftermath of the right decision we all know that has to be made. But it's wurm, finders keepers, you find an OP exploitable combination, you get to keep it. After all whats bad with dealing 89 dmg with a single shot through plate ...

@Hashirama

Lol you never pvp, king of the safezone.

@Metaldragon

Its a step towards the wrong direction because the staff do not have the mental strength to endure the aftermath of the right decision we all know that has to be made. But it's wurm, finders keepers, you find an OP exploitable combination, you get to keep it. After all whats bad with dealing 89 dmg with a single shot through plate ...

Am always on death tabs, even if i die, i do pvp. Many times sotg and strong accounts kill me, but ever seen me whining like this on forums issle?

How about we stop with all of the stupidly broken and stackable buffs?

Or not, this isn't CS and shouldn't be balanced. Nevermind. I guess I'm being unreasonable.

There is already something like this

whats that? 

+1 for all priests. 

whats that? 

+1 for all priests. 

there's already a mechanic in place, not sure how long ago it was but it was made so that getting a hostile spell cast on you gave you some high % magic resistance. Was in the same update for the archery reduction based on armor.