Sign in to follow this  
Mika

Push/pull people

Simple, I want it back cause
1931223.jpg

Edited by Mika
  • Like 5

Stops a lot of pointless deaths / have-to-suicide situations so -1 from me.

Shaft + rope (+rope per additional tile) in order to hang a rope over a ledge in order to ascend.

• Like 1

This was possible years ago - only for a momentum though. It was removed because people were able to push / pull each other into walls etc.

I doubt it'll be re-added, since it was quite abusive. People were being pushed into walls in pvp for example.

Even on PvE - you could probably find someone pushing a player who is afk down a cliff etc etc. ;)

Edited by Balmore
  • Like 3

This was possible years ago - only for a momentum though. It was removed because people were able to push / pull each other into walls etc.

I doubt it'll be re-added, since it was quite abusive. People were being pushed into walls in pvp for example.

Even on PvE - you could probably find someone pushing a player who is afk down a cliff etc etc. ;)

This!

If it were opt-in, e.g. the player being moved had to enable /invitations or accept a rclick popup to allow the pusher to do it, sure, why the hell not.

Last time it was in it was seriously bad for the reasons Balmore pointed out. You could push someone into a wall causing them to get glitched into it and the only fix was relogging. If you were fighting and got pushed into a wall you were dead, no hope of getting out of it.

With new collision system, it may not be as buggy as before.

If they can code it to be affected by body control/ body strength (sortof like shield bashing) it would become a legitimate tactic to push someone behind an unfinished wall to get him trapped.

Had some Ardvark guy ages ago who would also come through pushing people as we were working. It would interrupt our actions etc.

Policing nightmare with no worthwhile purpose that I can see.