Sign in to follow this  
Mordraug

Newbie tents as bandages

[09:44:16] <Gamervogel> I just my tent to bandage -_-

So I checked since it was a potentially epic prank.... 

[09:48:51] Ouch! That hurt!

[09:49:02] You start to bandage the wound.

[09:49:10] You bandage the wound with a tent.

Ciao newbie tent...... 

That can't be good to keep new players, specially with the requirements to make a new one.

its not a bug, they are a cloth item, all cloth items can be used to bandage, if you don't want to poof ur tent then forage for cotton instead.

Highly doubt a new player would ever try to use a tent for this without knowing what it does, cause you know basic logic (or wogic) right?

Edited by Rasu

I heard this in global chat and gave it a try myself a few months back when xanadu opened . While I agree the average person wouldnt try using it as a bandage the problem arises from people seeing this mentioned in Global Chat and then going cool and uses it next time they need a bandage. While its fine if they also mention the tent goes poof but like in the case when I saw it this was not mentioned only "Hey I heard you can use noob tents to bandage".

Most people would then probably try it and find out there is no warning that they are about to loose their tent. I think if they continue to let a tent be used as a bandage I would think it should remove a little QL from the tent per use instead of poof after one use. This allows them to use it in a emergency and also still get to use the tent functionality. Come on even the dullest tool in the shed could get multiple bandages from a tent if the need arose.

As was stated, any cloth item can be used as a bandage, so technically not a bug.  However, this certainly can be brought up as a suggestion to somehow exclude at least this item as it is fairly easy to activate something without intended to (especially during lag).

its not a bug, they are a cloth item, all cloth items can be used to bandage, if you don't want to poof ur tent then forage for cotton instead.