Sign in to follow this  
Clwebb

Know what this game is before spending money !

I have travelled from Release to Xanadu because like on release there is no where to settle as well, I have pretty much rode the hole coast of Xannadu in a rowboat only to have found it is completely over taken! Im not looking for a pre flattened place or anything of the sort, I dont mind putting the work in but im kinda taking it as you CANT be a hermit in this game and settle in place where you have no one around and you kinda of just have to deal with having other players up your ass all the time and anything on the water is already gone?

You aren't looking in the right spots.

I live on Release and rarely see anyone in local.

lucky you, anyone know of any islands???

Edited by Clwebb

I have travelled from Release to Xanadu because like on release there is no where to settle as well, I have pretty much rode the hole coast of Xannadu in a rowboat only to have found it is completely over taken! Im not looking for a pre flattened place or anything of the sort, I dont mind putting the work in but im kinda taking it as you CANT be a hermit in this game and settle in place where you have no one around and you kinda of just have to deal with having other players up your ass all the time and anything on the water is already gone?

Are you for real? There are kilometers of absolutely empty shore around me at the west coast of xanadu (M8-ish). I've been trying to get people to move into the area forever because i'm bored playing alone.

Edited by bdew

Clwebb i started the game from nothing, i was in the middle of wilderness alone figuring out how to do it. Besides there is plenty of open space in Xanadu to settle. Stop fighting back against us when we are trying to help.

Was going to try and message you and mention the coastal spots that are by me, since you were claiming you were at s23 area which is 'close' to me relatively speaking...but I got '[02:01:04] Player not found with the name Clwebb.'...

They wont make a new server for you, it's not their fault you came late or didnt check the correct date on the 'new advertisement' you had received.

If you cant get something perfect without having some effort put in to it, then this might not be your game.

Everyone has the same goal, to have very best spot for themselves.

Either you make it, or either you get extremely lucky..

I never wanted a perfect spot, I usually just made it perfect, and that was the joy for me.

90slope steep hill can be someone's death trap and something they just avoid by all means, or for someone it's the perfect challenge and fun :)

[check indy map steep area next to spawn lol]

People have mentioned Xanadu like 50 times now and you're acting blind and silly on purpose (could be case of extreme laziness too)

You do not have to join anyone, it's just the more preferred way.. You can go ahead and run in to the wilderness, but seems you are just hanging in the spawn area and trolling/wasting others time here.

• Like 1

Lol, trying to achieve the forum troll Award 2015 price?

Well, no server in this game is overpopulated, they are underpopulated each and everyone of them.

Even wild-server, the oldest one around is underpopulated and I estimate the free untouched areas of the server to be around 90%.

So I bought premium and some silver in hopes of playing this game witch I have been now for about a week.....

.....Just warning people to really look into this game before spending money on it as I just wasted mine !

Good advice, if you can read the tiny print. Wurm costs nothing to try out and get the feel for what it is all about. It seems not to hold the interest of many people initially and even over time many give up on it as well, so new players would be wise not to follow your example of investing any money in it when they start out. Within this free time period it will take many hours of casual play time to raise skills to the 20.00 free player limit and paying for premium before that time for the new undecided player will yield little positive benefit.

Somehow I always enjoy reading these helpful responses to new players, as it reminds me of my time long ago when I started the game all alone with little interest in contact with others. Everything can pretty much be done by oneself, if that is the inclination. The initial learning curve is the greatest and if the experience is not enjoyed then there is no reason at all to stick around.

If you stay you will find the helpful responding people around. If not, another unknown will depart with little memory of their presence here. The presence of people in game is noted in the small gradual increments of .00001's. This is the way of Wurm, where the infinitesimal portions of seconds are all that mark ones progress into the future of which it will be shaped.

Farewell...

=Ayes=

My name in game is Eastcoasttt and from what I hear the west coast is the least populated and it not over built so im heading there! And chances are that is exactly like the rest of the servers and completely built up! Ill check that out and if it is then someone here will be getting 10 free silver and an account with 6 months premium on it !

I didnt just turn the game on, say this is cool and spend money on it, I have had a deed set up before on Release and have alight skills in some things when I played before it was the same ######, could NEVER find a spot and ended up deeding some random spot only to have 3 people move RIGHT beside me witch made me quit playing and again waste money and yes I do want the perfect spot because its something you spend money on so why would I just deed anywhere, spend money on it, then end up having to move and waste more money? Obviously im going to try to find the best location but like someone said on here its my fault for not starting when the world was brand new! 

How long until they release new severs and I could actually play this game? Probably a year or so?

Edited by Clwebb

Without your own private server  there will always be other people playing in Wurm. :ph34r:

If it's of any use:

i started on day one in typical manner.  Having read about the game on a Reddit (I think) thread, I thought it sounded like a perfect game for me.

Made a character, logged in, took off in some random direction having absolutely NO clue what i was doing, what i was looking for or anything.  All of the area surrounding the spawn location on Pristine was at that time quite heavily settled.

Swam out to some island, talked to some names in local i never actually saw, picked up a log I think, and drowned trying to swim back....and lost all my gear.

Logged out angry, thinking there was no place to live and I had no clue what i was supposed to be doing.

An hour or so later I googled "how to survive in Wurm Online".  One of the top hits was a thread about a new player academy on Pristine.

I logged in, somehow found it and spent my first 2 months there.

They provided a bed to sleep in, high QL food, basic tools and crafting consumables.

2 weeks later I had built my first house, undeeded adjacent to their academy deed.  I was still at that point unable to ride a horse, but I could ride a cart, which was more than sufficient for my playstyle at that point.

2 months or so, I had my first deed, could ride a horse, was building my first sail boats, and life was grand.

When I compare that first week to life 3 months later, ...well, there really isn't a comparison

It is totally possible to set out on ones own and try to make a go of things, but that is SO much more difficult than joining some village and contributing labor in exchange for a warm bed, education, safety and time to build ones skills.

My 2c worth.

Is there any way to actually get a private server? Or make your own island?

There are some island deeds for sale. Maybe that would work for you.

You can make your own island, but I don't think it will have any rock. People have done it. It takes a LOT of dirt. It's one of those things you work toward, not that you start out doing. 

There are some island deeds for sale. Maybe that would work for you.

I bet it wouldn't, as there might be people in boats passing by..

And judging from his comments up till now, he'd have to quit the game because of that.

My suggestion(some people mentioned it before): Look through the map-dump and search for a position you'd like -> probably somewhere higher up on a mountain

Kinda point of this game it to make your own deed no? I dont really understand the logic in buying a pre built deed! This is simply unplayable unless you start when server is new like someone on here stated, so ill just be giving my account and silver away and keeping an eye on the forms for an actual NEW world !

Thanks for trying to help me everyone !

Edited by Clwebb

If the rock level is high enough it is possible to concrete an area to bring the rock level up. I suggest going into Freedom market area of the forum and put up a Wants To Buy ad for an island. That's your best bet.

Is there any way to actually get a private server? Or make your own island?

You can buy CodeClub AB, about 10 000 000 - 20 000 000 euros

Just keep in mind that you can't transport animals over the sea (such as to an island) except for horses and chickens (by transporting their eggs and letting them hatch on your island).  So if you'd like to be an animal rancher/breeder an island's a poor choice of habitat unless it's large enough to have a chance of some spawning wild on there.

Horses can be led by a rope behind you through the water if you climb into your boat and rope it from there to lead it.

Sometimes you'll come across that phenomenon called 'sea horses'.

If you don't mind not having the variety of animals, though, islands are liveable environments.  But do be sure to explore and prospect first to make sure there are veins for the metals you'd want at sea level or above.  So check for rocky terrain on the island particularly if it has no high ground.

Edited by Tristanc

webb the problem with waiting for a new server is, I don't think you will want other people on it, and that will always be the case,  People move around and the chances of someone moving near you are pretty high, Especially if you  find a nice little coastal spot easy to get to.

Then this game is unplayable for me as I am not a social person and this is a social game, its a sin its soo good, just needs work and bigger maps, if anyone wants my silver, ill go online soon and giver er all away and someone can have my account if they want it, 6 month premium on it !

Edited by Clwebb

Exacly, Wurm is social-oriented game - naturally you can play completely alone, but this playstyle is very hard, less enjoyable and you would probably never have possibility to taste Wurm "end-game" (stage when you have character(s) able to do almost everything and focus on trade/megaprojects instead of building functional-oriented deeds or grinding skills).

Wurm is not for everyone, nothing wrong in realizing it is just not the right fit for you. good luck in your search.

Wish there was a way to get money back, I feel horribly ripped off !

You Freely spent the money.

As you said , you have played Wurm before and knew three where other players here. No one forced you to buy prem or silvers.

You can sell for cash using paypal.

Edited by Chiqa