Sign in to follow this  
Clwebb

Know what this game is before spending money !

I read this thread from start to finish.  At the beginning, Clwebb was frustrated, and it came out in how he spoke.  Towards the end, Clwebb seems to have warmed up a bit, perhaps seeing the community support in the open love it was offered.

Don't give up Clwebb/eastcoastt. 

Wurm is what you make it. 

It is joyful, full of peace and relaxation.  It is fear and sorrow, loss and frustration.  It is danger, combat, escape, and evasion.  It is clawing at you, and may punish you any moment your attention wanders from the treeline behind you.  It is there, even as you log out, alive on its own, growing, and changing.  It is ready for you if you are ready for it.

Wurm is a survival sandbox with a wonderful community, and the freedom to build and play as you wish.

Xanadu is 81 million game tiles.  Even with 1300 active players owning deeds, it is still a full square kilometer of land per player.  Most deeds will use less than 5% of the terrain in each kilometer of land.

Xanadu may appear built up, but it is in fact...empty, provided you look.  Can you find that place, yes, but only if you listen.

• Like 7

There just not enough room in this game, no matter where you build, even if you do start when the server is brand new, someone if just going to come move RIGHT next to you....Everyone said on here this is a social game, so its not for me! I have already given my silver away and if someone wants my account with 6 months premium ill give it to them, would be more useful for someone who was lucky enough to get a decent place !

Edited by Clwebb

There just not enough room in this game, no matter where you build, even if you do start when the server is brand new, someone if just going to come move RIGHT next to you....Everyone said on here this is a social game, so its not for me! I have already given my silver away and if someone wants my account with 6 months premium ill give it to them, would be more useful for someone who was lucky enough to get a decent place !

I think Minecraft of LiF in single player mode would suit you well.

Pretty sure this is a issue on your end, and not the fault of the game. There's hundreds of open spots, and you're just being picky about it. Farewell on whatever game you land upon after this.

I noticed you like games like Dwarf Fortress and Haven & Hearth. Which means old style, low graphics games do not annoy you as long as they have good game mechanics. 

A single player survival hermit game you might really enjoy, and won't cost you any money, is Unreal World.

You can build a cabin in the woods, hunt stag with a bow and arrow, and no other players to annoy you.

http://www.unrealworld.fi/

Jefmajor did a recent video letsplay here

You are spiraling back to the dark side here again so maybe a fun singleplayer survival game is the best cure.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 1

This game has ruined me, I cant play anything else this gas be so pissed off, I am speaking with the developers now about this, because its just wrong, I don`t come from much money

There is TONS AND TONS of open land in Wurm. The devs are just going to think you are crazy if you ague there is no place left to build. We are all starting to think you are maybe a little delusional.

Quit while you are ahead. Quit while you are still sane.

Unless you really are a troll.  The game has sooo much open space that it is crazy. There is more open land now then there was since I started in 2011, because of all the servers spreading out people so much. I have about 5 places and NONE of them are anywhere near anyone and there are still so many places where you can be a recluse and have ZERO neighbors. 

You are creating compints that are not even valid.  You need a cool off activity.  Unless trolling is really what you are after. Maybe it is.

• Like 2

You just have to realize when a new server opens people transfer coin and buy up the nicer flat land and coastal area's.  You can still find land but it will more than likely be alittle farther out and perhaps tougher to work with.  The fact people can have a deed on every server with one guy kind of helps this happen, but they could still make alts as well.  There is land you just have look around a bit for the places no one wanted.

Edited by Uberknot

Wurm Online is an extremely deep game with a lot of opportunity and possibility.  It is what you make of it.  Wurm Online is clearly not for everyone.  It is for people who love a challenge.  It is for those who want to feel accomplishment in their cyberworld activities. 

I am sorry you are having such a difficult time starting out in Wurm Online Clwebb, You have only spent a few hours in Wurm outside of the tutorial system, so it is good that you at least find out now if you can enjoy what Wurm Online offers or not. 

I find lots of available locations on all servers for settlement, though it can be tough getting started as you will be playing with neighbors all the time.  Sometimes people just need to think bigger, to realize the potential of a location.  Even the terrain of Wurm Online is part of the challenge that makes it so enjoyable.

There are people that would be willing to purchase your avatar from you if you feel you have wasted your money.

Whatever your decision, good luck to you.

• Like 4

No it was a complete waste of money as you cant just start playing this game unless its a brand new server so yes I would love to sell my avatar !

You realize that hundreds of other people started when it wasn't a brand new server, so clearly it's possible. 

They are obviously okay with spending money on a half ass spot thats why !

Pft, I loved every spot I chose to settle. I enjoy top-of-the-mountain isolated untouched deeds. I've never had a problem finding one. If anything, there are too many to chose from and I had to pass up a beautiful one that I loved on Xanadu because I was already settling somewhere. I've found places on Serenity, Celebration, Deliverance and even Independence before the new servers came out. 

I think the problem is that you're looking for instant gratification and don't quite understand the time commitment involved in Wurm. I've spent the last couple of days surface mining to get the deed perfect... and I'm only seconds from the water even though it's an isolated spot. It even has ocean access! Didn't take me long at all to find, either...  just the surface mining is a bit of a pain, but even that's not so bad. Sometimes you have to sacrifice. This is not a game for instant gratification. 

Then you should have come here when Xanadu started if you really think so. You can find great spots EVERYWHERE if you actually try. 

/damnit, I took the bait 

This is really just going around in circles now... You guys have given up every single possible option as well as even picking him up and driving him to a location and he hasn't taken that either... There really is nothing left....

At this point I think it's just trolling =\

So many nice people have tried to help you here Clwebb, even tried to keep you from quitting, this happens quite a lot in wurm, the people will try to create options for you.... Do you really want to continue to complain that your money was wasted when the community has been nothing more than helpful?

• Like 5

Even if a new server opens up this week its still not gonna guarantee someone wont move right in next to you unless you deed a huge area. I don't like crowded areas and I prefer to not have any other villages within my local and I live pretty much in quiet on 2 different servers. I have been playing this long enough to realize even when someone moves in next to you just wait a few days to a cpl of months and they will have probably moved(because a surprising amount of players are gypsies) or quit. There are just so many spot out there you can move to that if you ever do see someone its because they are lost. I keep a F2P account that I log on and just Explore with and I cant count the number of areas that are just so isolated and remote with no one around for sometimes hundreds of tiles even on the older established servers.

No it was a complete waste of money as you cant just start playing this game unless its a brand new server so yes I would love to sell my avatar !

Seems this is just a troll ;) If he doesnt even want to believe a bit or want to spend a bit more time.

He is staying on the forums for what? ruining his game experience? Lol if i got ruined by a game i would burn my computer... sort of. 

Hi,

If you can't start unless on a brand new server with anything spoon-fed to you obviously you're not the player that would stay for a while at least. Wurm is an a bit special game, and you should regard this. Be happy that you found out this quickly, it'll save you some money.

May you live and prosper in your future games!

Xandra

PS: That came late, took over an existing deed, enlarged it, added some more deeds around, shaped the terrain to her suits, and is quite happy now. Maybe it's just the natural gifts anyone has.

If this one game ruined gaming for you then yes, just burn the computer and go outside.  There is obviously nothing you really want help with, at this point just lashing out at the game and people makes no sense. Travel  on, the sun is shining somewhere.

Yup, this game is to good for me, sorry for the complaints everyone! You guys are lucky to be able to play such an amazing game !

Yup, this game is to good for me, sorry for the complaints everyone! You guys are lucky to be able to play such an amazing game !

Thank you, and goodbye?

• Like 1

Yesterday I walked around the center of Xanadu for 2 hours and the only sign anyone else had been there was a randomly chopped tree. 

Outer coastal areas and around Newspring is the only areas that are regularly taken and there is still a ton of room along the coasts.

On Indy, I only saw other players in my local once a month, the closest deed was 150 tiles away.

But if 7 pages of people saying there is plenty of space hasn't changed the OP's mind then this post won't either.

• Like 2