Sign in to follow this  
Clwebb

Know what this game is before spending money !

I have been looking on that new map someone posted, ive yet to see an inland lake that is not already build around as well....Oh well wasted more money, only way you can have a shot at this game is to keep on eye on the forms for when they release a new server, I quit wurm and waste money yet again! I dunno if you can send silver but if so if anyone wants it ill send them everything I have so someone with an actual piece of land can put it to use !

Edited by Clwebb

Deliverance has empty coastline and empty lakefront, including lakes that have connection to the sea by canal.

It's a server designed for hundreds of people with usually <50 people on...

• Like 2

I have travelled from Release to Xanadu because like on release there is no where to settle as well, I have pretty much rode the hole coast of Xannadu in a rowboat only to have found it is completely over taken! Im not looking for a pre flattened place or anything of the sort, I dont mind putting the work in but im kinda taking it as you CANT be a hermit in this game and settle in place where you have no one around and you kinda of just have to deal with having other players up your ass all the time and anything on the water is already gone?

I sailed around xanadu just the other day and there is an outrageous amount of free space, no people in local for long times. HOWEVER if you want to be completely hermit, settling on the coast isn't the thing you want to do - people will sail by sooner or later, and coastal space is desirable so people will look for spots to settle, just like yourself.

How many hermits irl live in the woods or mountains and how many live on the shoreline (island hermits not included)

it's also perfectly possible to not buy premium until you've found this is the game for you, like most folks do - it is an unlimited free trial. While being premium gives you the full joy of the game, such as riding animals, large carts and wagons, having higher skills and more crafting abilities, it is possible to play for some time for free to get a feel of the game and find a nice spot to settle down at :) Even free players can place deeds so you can secure your spot before buying premium time.

Edited by Alyeska

I have been looking on that new map someone posted, ive yet to see an inland lake that is not already build around as well....Oh well wasted more money, only way you can have a shot at this game is to keep on eye on the forms for when they release a new server, I quit wurm yet and waste money yet again! Anyone want any free sliver??

Really, If you think you find this over populated.. I live on Xanadu.. around me on L26 Are alot of coastal spots open/disbanded.

Inland are even more spots.

You can better say we need more players to deed more land since i dont think we can say we are over populated.. Coastal area's are a huge bonus for people since u can do water travel.

I think most servers have 20/30% population 

You need to seek people ingame who can help since i dont think you searched for hours.

Xanadu may have the most population but also the biggest amount of unused land. I started about.. well, whenever it sais I signed up on the forums, and it took me exactly 10 minutes to look at the map dump and find a spot, 1 hour to pick the best starter place and walk there, and another 5 minutes to set up my deed. I now own a 100x80 wide deed on an island with 2 coasts included, and it took me 0 experience and not even 2 hours to find. 

Whatever you are doing to try and find a spot, you are doing it wrong, and I think exaggarating on how difficult it is to find a spot. 

• Like 2

I live on an in-land lake in Xanadu (L19). While we are not directly on the coast, the coast is accessible via canals. There is me and two other people in my immediate area, with nobody else around for MILES. Seriously, we are hermits. There is a TON of land left on Xanadu. The coasts are always going to build up first, but you can very easily go 2-3 minutes in-land and find pristine, untouched land of your choosing. That's what carts/wagons and pack animals are for - you can deed in-land and use a cart to get items to your boat, if you think you'll be shipping/sailing on a regular basis. Not everybody can live on the water.

Try it again. This time, find the canals on the map and try using them. Find a highway, get off your boat, and go exploring. That's how you're going to find the best spots.

Don't be too hard on the original poster, please.

Yes, I know there's plenty of free land - but the OP isn't the first and won't be the last new player that decides to give up on Wurm because it seems that there's no space left. To find a good empty spot one needs knowledge and gear and skills a new player doesn't have.

I can't really understand Rolf, by now he should mark all servers but Xanadu and the Epic cluster as "Legacy - not suitable for new players" in the server selection screen. Likewise with popular starting points, they need a GM fix every 2 or 3 months - otherwise the surroundings of popular starting points in Wurm just give the impression one has landed in a messy slum of abandoned and rotting wooden sheds - with all the terra-formed ugliness a small army of people with a shovel can cause. :)

• Like 2

Tbh it sounds to me as if this person wants to settle alone away from everyone. I don't understand the soloist in an mmo mentality and never will.

• Like 1

The Glasshollow South Highway is almost completely empty of settlments. It's about 10-12km long with maybe 10 settlements along it. Trust me, there is lots of land on Xanadu. The highway even has some pre built guard towers ready for a new player to set up by.

Yeah I dont like people so would like to pay this on my own and be as far away from anyone as possible but I dont think you can do that in this, seeing as this seem like a social game and new player can really only start in a village, this is not the game for me at all !

Why would I want to start by something pre built, see this game is not for me...Sorry for the complaints, was just kinda pissed when I heard new, server, spent money only to find out that the server has been up for months now and is not so new! Have fun everyone !

Well, new server as in less then a year old. But trust me, there are still lots of places for a hermit player aswell. There is an abandoned deed(Everything decayed already) in f10 in a large valley that can only be entered through a mine(Short of jumping off a cliff to get in). Perfect spot for a hermit player.

Also a a few places in e9 that used to be deeded but have sinse decayed if you want to be closer to the coast.

Edited by Greyfox

I dont really care where I am along as I have my own space !

Honestly, I'm ok that we lost this one.  30 helpful replies and just angry responses back from him.

• Like 5

Helpful responses? No one has tried to help me at all 

well you do it wrong way... you can always ask us to show you land that you can call it home :D

From what I've read, we have a troll here that will whine with any suggestions you give him.  Trolls gotta troll, but best to just ignore them.

• Like 1

I am not trolling whatsoever? I simply wanted help finding a place in a crowed world and was attacked because this world is not over crowded.... 

Not helpful? I directed you to 2 map tiles that are good for a hermit player, one that has a location that is so hard to get to the only visitors you are going to get are people who fall off a cliff and somehow manage to survive the fall.

I am on the complete other side of the map in a rowboat, I already rode around the whole coast of this map, thank you though !

I am not trolling whatsoever? I simply wanted help finding a place in a crowed world and was attacked because this world is not over crowded.... 

There was a new server released last week, it is called Elevation and is PVP server it is same size as Indipendence.

Lots of people have tried to help.

If you posted and said : " Hey look, I am new, can anyone suggest how to find a nice REMOTE location where I can be a SOLO HERMIT,"  people probably would have sent you maps or even helped you get to the spots.

Instead, you look in the most crowded areas and say "this is ###### its all too crowded. this is a complete waste of time."

Seriously, can you even HEAR yourself?

Go inland. The inland lakes are NOT all built up.  Or go down a highway, once you are away from houses (takes maybe 5 minutes) take a 90 degree turn and run into the deep forest for 10 minutes. You'll find an area with no one for miles and no one else is likely to go there (most people stay on the coastline or the main roads).

Do you WANT to find a good solo hermit place? There are tons.

You need to start with a good attitude or it will all go to muck super fast.

PS: Just be aware solo hermit is fun but not easy if you know NOTHING about the game. It's better to stay close to a starter spawn or find someplace that will let you stay there long enough to build skills, get some experience, and make some starter tools. Train for 2-3 weeks minimum. 

Then build yourself a large cart, load it up with tools, and head into the deep deep mountains.

Otherwise you will be back here tomorrow saying "this is crap, I found a great place then a bear killed me and now I am lost and starving and have no tools and lost all my silver. This is a stupid game."

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 7

S23, almost at the top of the tile, is the only inland lake I can see with no one around it, sounded by mountains but will be next near impossible to get to !

I am on the complete other side of the map in a rowboat, I already rode around the whole coast of this map, thank you though !

In that case, the huge mountain in g26. It'll take some work to get up it, but that is one of the best hermit locations on this map, simply because not many people are going to be bothered to make the climb up.

• Like 1