Sign in to follow this  
Wossoo

News Update: Work and Progress. Week 16

Think that's the last JK home server that was attached to Chaos' east border. It got taken down and replaced with 'Freedom' or what most know as the Independence server today.

• Like 1

Noooooooo, I was all ready to pack up and move. Didn't know there were map dumps happening that far back.

Seeing the scale of my farm on that map dump... I think I should scrap it lol

Sorry,, no extra brownies for the weapons rack. :(

can we have a look from the north side on the maps ? because with that look we can't see anything close to the north side of a mountain

I tend to agree. An entire deed of mine and part of another one are not visible as they are on the north side of a mountain. As well I went searching for a little Easter egg that Faeran and I left on Deli only to find that it too is north facing on the side of a small rockface so it can barely be seen.

Even a top down view would be nice if it turns out like the JKH dump shown above.

Here's a "top-down" version:

jenn002-map.png

Versus a southern perspective:

jkfinal.png

With the topography still being able to be detected in both pictures, it's apparent the "top-down" maps show more of the world.

+1000000000000

I would really like to have mapdumps from straight above, since wurm has no undercutting mountains I don't really understand what could be the reason to make it angled. It's distorting distances and north side deeds on mountains are not visible at all in some cases

I don't think that JKH map is top down, rather the mountains are just a lot smaller. Or maybe that is just some kind of illusion because of the angle *shrug*.

Either way I will ask about it.

Any word on the progress or eta of the new permission settings? Are these expected to be released alongside bridges?

No eta, will get back to working on them once bridges have been released

• Like 5

Think that's the last JK home server that was attached to Chaos' east border. It got taken down and replaced with 'Freedom' or what most know as the Independence server today.

WHY DOESN'T ROLF MAKE SERVERS LOOK LIKE THAT WTF THAT LOOKS AWESOME WITH MOUNTAINS AND VALLEYS

WHY DOESN'T ROLF MAKE SERVERS LOOK LIKE THAT WTF THAT LOOKS AWESOME WITH MOUNTAINS AND VALLEYS

I think he got Notch to make it, Notch made the most popular maps I believe.

I wonder if Rolf would ever re-use old, popular maps. It'd be interesting to see how newer generations of players take to them and good for old players to revel in a little nostalgia.

Doubt that'd ever happen though. :P 

• Like 3

Notch maps were always the best. That is why i hope Chaos is never reset.

• Like 2

With the topography still being able to be detected in both pictures, it's apparent the "top-down" maps show more of the world.

That isn't top down though.

Its just less angled than the other map.

If you have a top down map there is 0 perspective and it really looks pretty bad.

is there any way to get maybe a high resolution image from the map dumps? I tried to save it to my harddrive, but then noticed that I just got a tiny rectangle from the whole map O.o and screencapturing it would mean loosing most of the details from zooming in :/

If you have a top down map there is 0 perspective and it really looks pretty bad.

In technicality, you're correct. There is still a slight southern perspective in the "top-down" map. It is more centered, though.

I also have a feeling that the image was rendered at a lower position on the "z axis", so-to-speak. 

Edited by As_I_Decay

Still not top down, but i'm sure I can live with it...

This. A "top-down" view would be very much appreciated.

The perspective comes from the shadows.

Notch maps were always the best. That is why i hope Chaos is never reset.

This is true, since it is past tense.   New Elevation looks better than Wild/Chaos. 

Kinda funny how the Chaos map dump shows the underwater volcano as a big purple lump in contrast to the big red lump of that inland volcano.

EDIT: In Notch's defense, we didn't have ships. :P

Edited by Klaa

In all that news, I was most happy to see some FORMULAS!!

Thanks Erik.

• Like 1

when ar we gonna get a fishing boats becasu fishing is so slow if you do meat i go faster hope ty do some thing  to make fishing nicer

In all that news, I was most happy to see some FORMULAS!!

Thanks Erik.

This.

Formulas are highly appreciated.

• Like 1

I hope that maul model is not the final one. 

:D   you're funny !

• Like 1