Sign in to follow this  
Wossoo

News Update: Work and Progress. Week 16

I'm enjoying the map dumps! Vrocks Landing on Xanadu is in the wrong spot, however.

Thanks for the update.

yes is realy wrong position, pls fix it

igde7n.jpg

Still not top down, but i'm sure I can live with it...

directly straight down takes out perspective, and makes them look incredibly plain. Also takes away your ability to appreciate the height of terrain or structures. A map with no topography is a poor map.

I hope we can get bridges in sooner, would like to see them implemented so building deeds can factor them in.

You want bridges in sooner than 'coming immediately in the next week or two'....
What?

The map dumps are definitely cool, though I have my concerns for epic. I kinda hope we don't get them for the home servers.

Edited by Arronicus

That bridge calculator seems nice... but really needs more explanation for me to get it working. ^^

Cant open spreadsheet. Its an Office product. :(

**Never Mind. Found this for Chrome**

https://support.google.com/docs/answer/6049100?hl=en

Google for the win. :)

Note. I had to copy it to my Google Drive and then go to the file IN CHROME (not in local file mode) and open it. 

Did work tho. :)

Edited by Schwanke

Awesome map dumps! heh i can even see my deed very clearly on it, my 2 large stripes of enchanted grass tiles, my tar pit, even my guard tower if i squint hard.  :wub:

Bridges ought to be swell. Is the max distance the same as how far two people can target each other?

Edited by Gianna

We all look at the map and say "I did that".  thanks for letting us see what we did.

• Like 1

Hmmm, I can't alter the length of flat bridges on the spreadsheet? Am I just being dense or is it truly locked?

Bridges ought to be swell. Is the max distance the same as how far two people can target each other?

max distance is 38 bridge tiles.  Might have to use a spyglass.

Hmmm, I can't alter the length of flat bridges on the spreadsheet? Am I just being dense or is it truly locked?

because the length it shows is just to calculate on and find the end point for an error check on the last parts for type.  The length is defined by how many sections you add into the sheet (1-38)

max distance is 38 bridge tiles.  Might have to use a spyglass.

Is a bridge tile just 1 tile?

yes.  1 tile per bridge segment.  max 38 segments means 39 'borders' since you have a border on each end.

directly straight down takes out perspective, and makes them look incredibly plain. Also takes away your ability to appreciate the height of terrain or structures. A map with no topography is a poor map.

You want bridges in sooner than 'coming immediately in the next week or two'....

What?

The map dumps are definitely cool, though I have my concerns for epic. I kinda hope we don't get them for the home servers.

Some of us are eagerly waiting for Bridges.   The ETA given prior to the new Elevation map release was the week after, and now here it is the week after and now the eta is 1-2 more weeks.    While many appreciate the hard work at debugging bridges is, there is also a demand and a desire to start playing with it.  Of course we want it to work though

Some of us are eagerly waiting for Bridges.   The ETA given prior to the new Elevation map release was the week after, and now here it is the week after and now the eta is 1-2 more weeks.    While many appreciate the hard work at debugging bridges is, there is also a demand and a desire to start playing with it.  Of course we want it to work though

Well first it was this monday next week.. now its 2 weeks..

Just wait 2 weeks now.. they make it 3 months again. 

I seen people comming back because bridges were suppose to be added soon.. Such a big bummer for those.. 

Any word on the progress or eta of the new permission settings? Are these expected to be released alongside bridges?

I hope that maul model is not the final one. 

It says WIP for work in progress and it's untextured

• Like 1

can we have a look from the north side on the maps ? because with that look we can't see anything close to the north side of a mountain

Here's a "top-down" version:

jenn002-map.png

Versus a southern perspective:

jkfinal.png

With the topography still being able to be detected in both pictures, it's apparent the "top-down" maps show more of the world.

• Like 4

Which server is that? It's so clean and empty! :o