Sign in to follow this  
spellcast

April Treasure Hunt - Release - All prizes have been claimed.

I'm getting a bit confused here.

Theres 16 Keys at each hunt?

8 for chests

8 for signs

Meaning 32 keys in total?

This leads to the fact that 8 people can make sure they get a prize, and the other 8 will have a small chance to win 1 big prize? (so there are 17 prizes in total?).

or can each hunt only have 8 winners, and those 8 winners can either pick a sign or a chest to open?

At the end of each part of the hunt there are 8 chests that will open immediately, and 8 keys.

There are 17 total prizes.   16 in chests that can be gained immediately (8 per hunt).  and 1 that will be opened by one of the keys.

Opening a chest will end the hunt for you.

Taking a key will end the hunt for you.

Players have to make a choice, a reward immediately, or a chance at a prize in the final chest that won't be accessible for a couple of days.

There are 32 potential players that will have something at the end of the hunts (16 from each) 16 will have a guaranteed prize, and 16 will have a chance at a larger prize.

Just to be completely clear, no-one has any idea which key opens the final chest.  I had enki make me 16 identical locks/keys.  I know which lock is on the chest, because it was marked, but i made sure the key wasn't.  If not all of the keys are claimed, there is a chance that no-one would get the grand prize. I don't even know which hunt the winning key is at the end of.

This hunt got a bit out of hand actually, lol.  I was trying to make it more interesting by having 2 hunts at different times to spread the fun of solving new riddles, but halfway through i came up with the keys and the final chest idea and added it, which has made it a bit confusing to be honest.  The next one will probably be less complicated again. 

• Like 4

Excellent fun, we had a fantastic time!  Team Release just about finished hunt 1 in 2.5 hours.

Edited by Pandalet

Hmm... the first riddle was too hard for me... Might have made sense to people who live and play on the release server, but to an outsider like me, it was just gibberish.

If you dont have a good understanding of the people, places and activities that are on the server in witch the treasure hunt is taking place you might have more fun staying at home. I know I would have.

Might be worth adding a disclaimer to that effect on future hunts. Save people the time of traveling.

I was not expecting to win anything, but I was hoping to have fun, sadly very little fun was had.

All in all this was a disappointing experience for me.

Thanks for trying though! I'm sure the citizens of release will enjoy it :)

Does anyone have an example of the "smaller prizes" that they won? Thanks.

Whew, clue 1 was brutal *_* Thanks for the tour of the server!

My chest contained a rare quiver, 1s, 90QL compass plus the participation prize of a 90QL flint and steel (I think everyone who finishes the hunt gets the flint and steel).  All chests had the 1s and the 90QL compass, I saw a supreme frying pan and a (wooden) rare axe in the other two chests we opened.

Well, something went badly wrong, and i'm not totally sure what just yet.

The end of the first part of the hunt broke in some very interesting ways, and of course i was at work and not around to fix it.

Trying to help, another GM accidentally destroyed the building at the end of the first group of clues....

I'm not sure what the total effect is just yet, It will probably take me some time to figure that out.  

So far the second part should run on schedule.

It was my first treasure hunt and loved it - thanks for all the work you were putting into it, including all the efforts to fix the end of the first part.

• Like 1

OK, I sorted out what went wrong, and it was really a very interesting series of errors and mishaps.  lol  I have made some changes on the fly to the end of the second hunt, and that will start on schedule and the end of that should work better.  ( i hope so at any rate, i'll likely be asleep at that point)

I reconstructed the end of hunt 1 with stone walls to route players through in the correct direction so the hunt can be completed if anyone wants to complete it and get the steel and flint from it, or just try that branch for themselves.  

apparently clue 1 which i thought was fairly simple turned out to be "brutal"  lol  

• Like 1

Spellcast, the first hunt, two hours, the second hunt, six and a half..... :wacko:

(And a Red Dragon spawning near one of the brutal clues....)

It was AWFULLY fun. -_-

• Like 1

Hmm... the first riddle was too hard for me... Might have made sense to people who live and play on the release server, but to an outsider like me, it was just gibberish.

If you dont have a good understanding of the people, places and activities that are on the server in witch the treasure hunt is taking place you might have more fun staying at home. I know I would have.

Might be worth adding a disclaimer to that effect on future hunts. Save people the time of traveling.

I was not expecting to win anything, but I was hoping to have fun, sadly very little fun was had.

All in all this was a disappointing experience for me.

Thanks for trying though! I'm sure the citizens of release will enjoy it :)

The first riddle about the market on land and water?

Ahh, Xallo, so was there an adhoc slaying party as well? :)

Great hunt, I had a lot of fun doing the second one! Thanks for putting it together! What an epic struggle it was though, I think whoever completed the 2nd branch could give Odysseus a run for his money :) Any eta on spawning the grand chest?

Edited by Yossarian

I will be PLACING the grand chest sometime tonight, but it will behind walls so all you can do is stare at it and wonder.

We will be making it accessible sometime tomorrow, when someone will be able to be present in case something ELSE goes wrong with this damn hunt.  lol.

I'll figure out an exact time for it being able to be opened and update the OP with that info, and probably a new timer as soon as I have one for sure.

Whoever ended up with the lucky key, I'd love to know what you pulled - do feel free to post it here so we can all drool :)

• Like 1

Anyone tried any key already? Just curious if it worth to run over to try the one in my backpack...

Gave it a try couldn't get mine to work. so 1 out of 15 chance now I guess.

2 more are off the game, Annyil and me could not open it.

So it is 1/13 chance now or better, good luck!!!

The winning key was used, updated OP with details.

If anyone would like to do the hunt to get the steel and flint or just to try out the clues I will leave it running for a while longer, probably turning it off on friday.