Sign in to follow this  
Oxblood

What armor does your priest wear?

Currently I'm wearing just cloth armor as I haven't been doing much exploring, except to my local mines and churches. What armor type would you suggest for when I do head out into the great big world? So far I'm leaning toward studded, because of the 0 casting penalty and moderate protection.  

Studded leather is what my priests tend to wear when exploring.

Studded leather here too if exploring. Normally, the priest wears nothing though as it results in faster favor gain.

Cloth around the deed, studded leather barring rare chain gloves and plate helm for combat.

The main focus of this is that, using the high Mind Logic afforded by HFC grind, I can swap out the armors very fast to keep up the favor regen, and/or swap out only the gloves and helm to do archery.

It's somewhat worth seeing the 30% boost as really being the baseline; this makes studded a 23% penalty and plate a 46% penalty to casting/archery.

does the 'no penalty for chain' thing work for Mags now, or is it still broken?

When you say 30% boost..

Is that for cloth? Or for no armor at all... I can't remember where to find those numbers...

Also, I don't understand what you mean about the high ML affecting swapping armor...

My fo priest wears the skin of her enemies.  Or actually, plate, taken off for a quick heal if LT fails me, and I can't find a bandage lion anywhere.

When you say 30% boost..

Is that for cloth? Or for no armor at all... I can't remember where to find those numbers...

You get a 30% boost for either being naked or wearing a light classed armor (cloth, leather).

You get a 30% penalty for wearing heavy classed armor (studded, drake, chain, plate, scale)

You can find this information in-game from the player status effect icons. Equipt a full set of studded or chain on your player and hover over the icon that pops up. Swap the studded set out for a cloth set and hover over the same looking icon.

Mine have drake on but take it off if casting! Wear whatever you want, just go nude when you are doing spells.

All my priests have 70+fs, drake + full helm. then go naked for casting and favor regen.

Batteries have plain leather, non-studded, and they don't enter combat.

You get a 30% boost for either being naked or wearing a light classed armor (cloth, leather).

You get a 30% penalty for wearing heavy classed armor (studded, drake, chain, plate, scale)

You can find this information in-game from the player status effect icons. Equipt a full set of studded or chain on your player and hover over the icon that pops up. Swap the studded set out for a cloth set and hover over the same looking icon.

Another thing to watch is often the 30% boost icon doesn't show when you first login when you are wearing no armor at all. You need to equip and then remove a piece of armor ( i use a studded cap for this) in order to trigger the icon to appear.

~Nappy

• Like 1

Full leather with a cloth chest and a random wooden shield. It goes 8 km/h while swimming, so pretty decent for pve.

• Like 1