Sign in to follow this  
Slickshot

Marvel's Daredevil

If you're a fan of Marvel and superhero/hero movies, comics or tv shows, then I'd suggest checking out the new Netflix series, "Marvel's Daredevil."

lrpul4P.jpg

"A blind lawyer, with his other sense superhumanly enhanced, fights crime as a costumed superhero." - IMDB

Marvel's Daredevil premiered on Netflix on April 10th.  True to Netflix series fashion, the first season was released in full!  If you haven't checked this out yet, I highly recommend diving head first into this kickass, crime fighting series!

For those of you who have watched it, feel free to discuss here how wonderful this show is.  Just try to put spoiler tags if you can. ;)

• Like 5

It's great!

I'm just on the last episode of season 1 now.

A lot more violent than most of the other marvel TV shows, hah.

It's great!

I'm just on the last episode of season 1 now.

A lot more violent than most of the other marvel TV shows, hah.

Tell me that the fight scene in episode 2 wasn't the absolute best you've seen in a long time. lol

A friend told me about this show just last night, and at first I was skeptical, cause Netflix originals can be pretty iffy. But it's a really cool, fun show to watch, especially the fight scenes. I'm just afraid I'll binge-watch all of it before they even announce the second season. ):

You totally WILL binge watch the series, even if you try not to. lol  No worries, it's worth it!!!!

Hahah, don't encourage me! I'm already halfway through the third one. Finishing a season of a good show only gives you two (real) options; ignore it and accidentally forget it, or stalk every update and make your friends and family worried.

Good show, watched it just for something to do, got hooked instantly, then arrow popped up.  Pretty good show too ;)

I watched the first three episodes: thought it was a boring waste of time.  

Like most revisionist approaches to comics, it passes off graphic violence and a lack of light bulbs as "gritty realism" while trying to gloss over all the ways it is an unrealistic fantasy show.  I mean, I get that after Watchmen a lot of people wanted to be 'the new Moore' and so they copied the easy bits while leaving aside the bits they weren't any way smart or talented enough to copy, but that was more than two decades ago now and comics have moved on ... surely TV could at least try to keep up (and of course it has, just not in this show)

Your mileage may vary, of course.

Edited by Berris
  • Like 1

I watched the first three episodes: thought it was a boring waste of time.  

Like most revisionist approaches to comics, it passes off graphic violence and a lack of light bulbs as "gritty realism" while trying to gloss over all the ways it is an unrealistic fantasy show.  I mean, I get that after Watchmen a lot of people wanted to be 'the new Moore' and so they copied the easy bits while leaving aside the bits they weren't anyway smart or talented enough to copy, but that was more than two decades ago now and comics have moved on ... surely TV could at least try to keep up (and of course it has, just not in this show)

Your mileage may vary, of course.

My personal opinion, after reading through all of this muck, is that your "take" on the show is complete garbage.  Now I understand that it is your own opinion, so that's acceptable as it is, however in analyzing your "points" of distaste your opinion is found wanting.  I see you yammering off a few things like "unrealistic fantasy show" and "gritty realism."  I even saw that you dropped a Watchmen reference.  All of this, however, comes across as you pretending to "know" something the rest of us do not, but in the end it's just an inflated bag of garbage.  That would be like me talking about various vague forms of a decline in the value of specific properties, and then comparing it to the value of some well known architect's house, all while I'm actually not a realtor or an architect. 

Again, this is just my own opinion.  I am inclined to feel that you know nothing, Jon Snow.

EDIT:  This show is fantastic, even with your poo opinion. ;)

Edited by Slickshot

I thought my use of common language and points of reference within the genre would have made my points pretty easy to understand for most people, rather than sparking some sort of personal attack.  I have re-read my post and I feel that the sentences make good sense both individually and in the context of the subject matter, so I am not sure why they have upset you so much.

None-the-less, the fact that I have is, in retrospect, a rather delightful bonus.

• Like 1

I am guessing that since he's full aware of the fact that he cannot police people's opinions and yet thinks that yours is a stupid one he did the only other thing he could do: Try to ridicule your use of words in an attempt to diminish the reflective aspects of your post to try to make them seem shallow rather than logical. Instead of admitting that the deliberate colour desaturation in the scenes, in combination with the callous actions of the main characters, is a direct descendent to the Watchmen style he's making it out to be an artistic oversight on your part caused by presumptuous views.

TLDR: He's afraid your reflections might cause others to see the show from a different point of view and like it less, leaving him the only person still thinking it's awesome.

On topic: I haven't quite formed an opinion on the show yet. It makes itself out to be revolutionary and awesome looking and if it had been 15 years ago it would've been, but today it's pretty standard so you have to have a bit more in order to stand out. I'll wait and see if the plot holds up, haven't seen much yet.

• Like 2

Off topic circle jerking is fun. All fun must come to an end though for derailment is yucky.

I keep hearing good things about this one, I need a weekend of crappy weather to do some binge viewing :)

I keep hearing good things about this one, I need a weekend of crappy weather to do some binge viewing :)

Binge watching is one of the finer ways to enjoy this show. :)

lol  watching 2nd eps now.  just found it on Netflix.  a bit slow  to me. hoping the pace picks up soon.

im with Berris, but i fell asleep on the first episode, didnt even make it as far as him.

even izombie being more psychological i liked more. and Grimm being more soap operaish

is also better, the arrow is better, the flash is better, etc. again i watch almost anything,, but this one

didnt grab me at all.  maybe ill give it a second chance down the road, but doubt it.

• Like 1

I dont understand it. He shows up punches the bad guys then leaves so they can recover and continue being criminals.

Bad guys. "What happened here?"

Other bad guys. "A guys showed up, knocked us out and freed the girls."

Bad guys. "Ohh well you will recover go kidnap more girls."

I don't like hero shows where the hero thinks killing bad guys will make him a bad guy. Makes no sense.

Edited by Morrowen
  • Like 1

THe end fighting scene on episode 2 turned me off the show. Not sure I am going to bother with more episodes.

• Like 1

THe end fighting scene on episode 2 turned me off the show. Not sure I am going to bother with more episodes.

That's pretty hard to believe.  The fight scene in the end of episode 2 was the most talked about fight scene of the first season. lol  As a whole, people loved that scene, myself included!

To all of you (very few people) who didn't make it past the 1st episode, I would encourage you to watch the 2nd episode.  The fight scene in the end is quite good. :)

Griffith, as to the shows you mentioned being better than Daredevil; according to the many thousands of votes from IMDb, Daredevil outranks all of those shows.  Rightfully so, I might add.  The performances in Daredevil are great and feel genuine.  Of course, to each their own.  I can understand that not all people will like Daredevil, but most certainly do! ;)

Edited by Slickshot

I still genuinely don't get how anyone would think my post was trolling, since it is on-topic and contains opinions which many might view as both considered and informed.  I guess I'm flattered that my activities matter this much to you though: it's always nice to have touched someone's life :)

But, to me, trolling is more like (for example) making personal attacks against people who don't agree with you or sending unpleasant PMs to folks.  Thankfully we are all bigger people than that.

• Like 4

I still genuinely don't get how anyone would think my post was trolling, since it is on-topic and contains opinions which many might view as both considered and informed.  I guess I'm flattered that my activities matter this much to you though: it's always nice to have touched someone's life :)

But, to me, trolling is more like (for example) making personal attacks against people who don't agree with you or sending unpleasant PMs to folks.  Thankfully we are all bigger people than that.

I'm sending you a personal pm as we speak.  I thought that was a feature of the forums. :D

Back to Daredevil speak.  Has anyone else so far finished the 1st season and seen the costume?

Edited by Slickshot

On like Episode 7 currently.. It's great so far!!

Arrow and The Flash are amazing this season too!!!

Gotham has potential to be really good too! =)

• Like 1

On like Episode 7 currently.. It's great so far!!

Arrow and The Flash are amazing this season too!!!

Gotham has potential to be really good too! =)

I've only watched a couple episodes of Arrow.  I've been keeping up on Flash weekly though.  While they feel stronger than Smallville, at the moment, they still have that atmosphere about them.  This is why I like Daredevil so much more; while Daredevil doesn't want to kill anyone, he still kicks ass while not being the "kid friendly" superhero that Flash is or Superman was.  Arrow is a bit more gritty than The Flash, but still no where in line with what Daredevil is, and I love that about Daredevil!

Here's to hoping for the future of Marvel's Netflix superhero shows.  They've lined up a few I believe, one of them being The Defenders with multiple superheros!