Sign in to follow this  
Etherdrifter

Rare Sprouts. Flowers and Crops

Rare sprouts, rare flowers and rare crops are hardly much use at the moment.  They make good sacrifice fodder, that is about it.  So here is an idea for alternative uses.

Rare Crops :- When planted creates a "fertile field" that gives double yield and always gives the max yield a player's skill allows (no need to weed).

Rare Sprouts :- When planted creates a "giant tree/bush" (possibly a slightly larger model of the normal tree, or just a different name) that give double wood when cut down and also gives double harvestable yields (2 grapes instead of one etc).  If used to plant hedges the hedges will simply grow at double speed.

Rare Flowers :- When planted creates "luminous flowers" that give off a faint light at night (works for plantpots and flower beds if rare) the same colour as the flowers.  These flowers will not vanish unless removed by a player (trees cannot grow over them).

These changes require no extra graphics to be implemented and are not too invasive or overpowered.

Edited by Etherdrifter
  • Like 3

I love the idea of rare sprouts giving huge trees.

Oaks are pretty big already, same with chestnuts, but seeing them even bigger... that's a yes. 

Crops may feel a bit too high for the yield, a 1.5x of the crop instead of 2x would feel more balanced, at least for me.

And the flowers one is good too. 

So, +1

+1 I would love to have glowing flowers on my deed.

Great idea. I would love to see larger trees as a unique way to decorate ones deed. As well, it would give incentive to prune the tree to prevent it from shrivelling.

I also like the farming addition as it isn't too overpowered but gives incentive to plant it rather than sac for a refresh.

Rare sprout could be planted at 'mature' growth stage with a new (non rare) sprout ready to pick. If this tree/bush is marked as being 'rare' after being planted, harvested fruit would be of QL99.99, or if it is a thorn bush it would deal medium wounds.

I hate useless moments of inspiration I agree specially on better harvest when farming u have a moment of inspiration.

Is not exactly about the topic but I suggest introduce flumbers, (critical fails) if a drum sounds after a fail, something wromg could happen, like damage to the item or ever destroy it... I'm sure that proposal will be disliked in general... Then at least eliminate drums when fail... PLZ

Edited by joseanjim

+1 on the rare sprouts, flowers and crops, Ether - good thinking.