Sign in to follow this  
Bruhamoff

My Apology to the Community

Hello,

As most of you know, I have been the talk of recent. So here I am, Bruhamoff the Untrustworthy.

I know what I did was wrong, and I regret every moment of it since. I felt guilty doing what I did and didn't know how to fix it right away, like I should have. I thought that giving the money back was good enough, knowing that in the end I didn't take Gnomes hard work away from him. I was wrong. It wasn't good enough. I should have apologized in some form at the start, another mistake I have made.

I know this is late, but I feel it's better said now than never. As of recently the community has been divided, for whatever reason. I don't want that to continue because of something I did.

First, I want to apologize to Gnome, for taking his hard work away from him, for making him second guess the game that provides so many good times just because of one bad moment he had with me.

Second, I want to apologize to the community, for causing unrest amongst each other. Had I not done what I did, nobody would need to warn others about me thus causing the bickering.

And lastly, I want to apologize to my friends, who stood up for me. This is my problem alone, that they chose to share with me.

Thank you,

• Like 23

I haven't been personally (or even indirectly) involved, but words are pretty cheap. I think we all hope you'll back up your words with your behavior in the coming months.

Edited by Hailene
  • Like 6

:ph34r:  

Edited by tgod

Nicely said, But bruha, The only reason the community appears to have split is because 1, Some just don't like drama, so they stay out of it, 2, People like to harass others like what you did, so they get reported by people such as i, since i don't like harassers. Iv reported plenty on this forum and will continue to do so, Staff and player alike. and 3, People just like to start shi#. Like Those-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named here since theirs about 10 of them, You know who you are, that just love to start drama on here and spread more drama and deceit than actually going to a resolution. 

Really wish yall would just seriously quit with the drama by now, Quite sickening really. Hope this post finally puts all this ____ behind us so the community can grow for once.

Anyways, Nice apology, Well said. 

• Like 6

I had a nice chat with Bruhamoff a few days ago in game and he didn't meant to upset anybody.

• Like 1

In real life, people commit crimes against others, get caught and then must serve time, or pay a hefty penalty (or both), depending on the severity of the crime.  Stealing long ships from vikings is pretty much resolved with all out war (keeping in RP a bit here), but while apologies are a good step forward, I think a lot of folks will not easily forget your name and certainly not trust you to do a trade with them.

If I were in your shoes, I'd honestly just start a new alt and put this one on ice for a few months.  Out of sight, out of mind.  Build a trustworthy rep on your alt and when you do revive your main, you have the alt's reputation to fall back on for representation of honest trading.

Some of my early MMOs, I treated other players are mere pixels that were there to take advantage of, like any single player RPG I'd played in the past. I'd actually ended up really doing emotional damage to someone once and it completely changed my perspective on what is really "real".  Game assets are as real as the digital currency in your bank. Digital emotions and relationships are as real as many face to face relationships. Losing the illusion of "pixels don't matter" is an important step in online gaming and in my opinion, makes the immersion so enjoyable. Building trusting relationships, sharing the load on massive projects, coming to the aid of struggling players... well, you just can't beat that feeling in a game.

Anyway... climbing off my soap box... getting a "reboot" might be the best thing for you, to quickly put the past in the past.

• Like 7

honest officer, I didn't think that person would mind being scammed but I am truly sorry now that I was caught out.

best thing to do is to show you can change for the better

• Like 7

[22:44:36] <Greyfox> Can we not start this rant again? Yes Bruh is a scum bag, but GMs did get involved and Gnome got his money. Personally wont deal with Bruh. But do we really need to rant about this everytime he [22:44:47] <Greyfox> trys to sell? It's getting old

Well said.

Now we can hear the rants over the apology post and keep it going for another 2-3 weeks.

Akaedis forgot group 4: Those sick of hearing about it and the bitckering it creates in Freedom and Gl Freedom Chats.

He's been named non-stop, he had a ban, he was forced to pay the money.

Let's pray this is locked so it, the linking and the damn topic can finally die. Some of us have a no-life to get back to.

• Like 3

Sure, those are just words, which couldn't mean anything.

On the other hand, if you dismiss someone's apology so easily, I feel that maybe you never had to honestly find words for an apology in real life, and know how it feels to go and apologise, and know what it means to do so. But if you did/do, I can't imagine why you still would dismiss it so easily.

So, why don't y'all just start to chill out a little bit?

Edited by Ulviirala
  • Like 3

Most would of made new accounts and act as someone else.

Im glad u didnt take the easiest way.

For some words and promises wont matter, but u cant nor need to please everyone.

You've already been punished and it's no1 elses job to make it worse, makes them look bad too *suddenly shouting dont trust bruhamoff*

It wasnt big amount of money, and no1s perfect, you slipped, didnt plan it further, so the grave started getting deeper.

There's much worse scammers who will steal a lot more. People get paranoid and like to target their fear in one obvious one, which is sad.

I feel sorry for u and all people who been making a too big deal out of this.

Hope you aswell can enjoy the game.

• Like 5

He's trying to apologize.    He stood up and said he made a mistake.   But let's all get up on our soapboxes and pretend that we NEVER made a mistake.

Then to tell the person to make new toons, go away, or anything else isn't helping the matter.   He had the nerve to admit publicly, show some maturity.

If you don't appreciate the apology, close the page and stop raising a fuss.  

So thank you Bruha, for admitting your fault, and trying to do the right thing now.   /claps.

• Like 7

As one singel person of the community, I accept your public apology.
Not many come forth and actually apologize.

• Like 4

This post is a very important step. Of course I in no way can be sure if such an apology is honest or not - at this time you, Bruhamoff is the only who knows it - but time will tell. The fact you keep the same toon is something I really appreciate.

"Lifetime stigmas" are silly in such cases - and yes rep is many times harder to build back than to lose.

• Like 2

I have to say Bruhamoff.... It takes bravery to throw an apology like this an i respect that. I'll throw in a few quick words directed at you seeing as we have a somewhat..... " Muddied " past with each other.

Since the day you blatantly took items from our alliance and then proceeded to lie about it i've had somewhat of a anger spree at you. Reading back on my numerous posts i've noticed a certain.... regrettable attitude by me. I whish to apologize about this to YOU as well. I shouldn't have let myself carried away that much. I suppose i just vented my anger towards you while i should have directed it at the staff for failing somewhat.

Again... My apologies for being a witch hunter. I hope you can forgive me for it.

On the other hand i do hope you've learned a lesson. It might have been better if you'd shared your side of the story straight away when asked about it. And given an apology somewhat earlier when you realised you did something wrong. 

I whish you the best. In all honesty i do. Seeing as it'll be bloody hard to come back from this <.<

Greetings,

Aeszhara

• Like 5

Not many come forth and actually apologize.

Agreed, because not many are really sorry. I respect the fact that he looked into it a little bit deeper than just the "surface layer", when giving his apology.

Won't forget what the guy did, but think there's some sincerity behind apologies stemming from reflection. 

• Like 1

I recall gnome posted earlier in another thread that he offered to give Bruha a chance to pay, and only started the fuss after Bruha had refused to make it right. Now here he is claiming he didn't know how to fix it right away, and paying wasn't good enough. What?

I might have missed some facets of the story, but here's what happened as I have understood it:

- Bruha pretended to pay by dropping coins on the seller's deed. Due to proximity ownership the seller could not have picked the coins up even if he tried, so Bruha was taking 0% risk of losing his money. It's unclear which party proposed this way of making the payment, i.e. did Bruha do the payment with intent of never paying in the first place, or did he just take advantage of the opportunity.

- When seller switched character to transfer boat ownership, Bruha took his money back. It's unclear if he took the money back before or after the boats were transferred, could've been either way but regardless the seller would've been unable to touch the money because the coins were still Bruha's money due to proximity ownership.

- Seller realizes he's been scammed and asks Bruha to pay up, giving him a chance to fix the situation. Bruha refuses to do so. GMs are involved, Bruha is banned for investigation purposes so he can't resell the goods while the investigation is ongoing.

- GMs force ask the seller if he wants his money back or the goods back. Apparently GMs also asked Bruha the same question, if he wants to keep the Knarrs or the money. Both choose to let the transaction proceed as originally planned.

Sorry Bruhamoff, but given what is publicly known about the case, your apology does not appear to be an entirely honest one. You are bending the truth to make your position appear in better light than it is. There's no "but" in "sorry", this is a no-apology apology and If I had been involved in the incident I would be greatly offended by this.

Other people seem to be accepting your apology as-is, though, so I suppose this is just me being wonky and seeing things in extremes of black and white. Good luck in your future endeavors regardless.

• Like 1

Other people seem to be accepting your apology as-is, though, so I suppose this is just me being wonky and seeing things in extremes of black and white. 

Yeah, there is a grey area there. For instance, I accept that his apology may be sincere. This does not mean that I trust him one bit.

Is he KOS/blacklisted/etc by me? No. But I sure as hell would double triple check both deed and trade settings if he were in my local/making a transaction with me. 

Ok the GM's settled the matter, Bruhamoff made public apology, anyone that has kept up with this drama knows if they want to deal with Bruhamoff.

So can we move on I really don't need another day of rehashing it in Xan chat,

Muzzy don't let the drama get to you.

• Like 2

Joan was quizzical; studied pataphysical
Science in the home.
Late nights all alone with a test tube.
Oh, oh, oh, oh.

Maxwell Edison, majoring in medicine,
Calls her on the phone.
"Can I take you out to the pictures,
Joa, oa, oa, oan?"

But as she's getting ready to go,
A knock comes on the door.

Bang! Bang! Maxwell's silver hammer
Came down upon her head.
Made sure that she was dead.

Back in school again Maxwell plays the fool again.
Teacher gets annoyed.
Wishing to avoid and unpleasant
Sce, e, e, ene,

She tells Max to stay when the class has gone away,
So he waits behind
Writing fifty times "I must not be
So, o, o, o"

But when she turns her back on the boy,
He creeps up from behind.

Came down upon her head.
Made sure that she was dead.

P. C. Thirty-one said, "We caught a dirty one."
Maxwell stands alone
Painting testimonial pictures.
Oh, oh, oh, oh.

Rose and Valerie, screaming from the gallery
Say he must go free
(Maxwell must go free)
The judge does not agree and he tells them
So, o, o, o.

But as the words are leaving his lips,
A noise comes from behind.

Came down upon his head.
Made sure that he was dead.

Whoa, oh, oh, oh.
Silver hammer man

written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney 

Edited by Sarcaticous
  • Like 1

@Sarc.

More like this, mate:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b09U0KLv6I4

@Bru: Good first step. Bravo. Time will tell if you really mean it.

• Like 1

I dont know why but i just spend 4 hours reading every post of all the threads about the incidident and in my opninion youve been punished more then enough in the chat i hope youll be able to rebuild a trustworthy reputation and i truly hope it will never happen again because trust is very important in wurm.

I wish you and your girlffriend happy wurming may the Wurm gods help you on your path to gaining to trust of the community!

~lpleroylp

• Like 2

Using sock puppets to encourage positive reactions from the community was quite a gambit Bruhamoff, and it appears to have paid off. Kudos.

Eliciting upvotes from old inactive accounts was also a nice touch. It really does give the illusion of legitimacy.

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 2

One of my guys (characters) saw this Bruhamoff'er in local the other day. It was scary! My guy remained silent until this dreaded name disappeared. Phew! Close call...

=Ayes=

• Like 1