Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Bulk Storage for small stuff - Loadable Container

I love putting 300 logs in a crate, or even support beams.  Crates can be loaded and unloaded full. Awesome for transporting trade goods.

What I wish we had was a crate like loadable storage that was designed for small stuff, like veggies and lumps, but would hold significantly more than crates will.  Seems silly that I can only fit 300 tiny lumps of silver in a giant crate, capable of holding 300 massive logs.  Yes, we can stuff lumps in satchels and satchels in packs and packs in rafts and get to some decent quantities, but then they are all very perishable.

What if we make a special crate, or at the very least, allow crates to hold a few thousand tiny bits that would still be a fraction of the volume of 300 logs. 

Canal builders would be ever so grateful ;)

• Like 4

Oh no! This would totally destroy my immersion and would make the game so easy it would be unplayable!

Kidding :D

+1

• Like 2

Just make fsb/bsb loadable.

Transporting large amounts of crops is needlessly click intensive, requiring thousands of clicks and a lot of time.

It wouldn't change much, except remove the pointless chore of loading/unloading.

Hell, give it a 10 minute load timer (load timer could be relative to how full the container is or something) for a fsb/bsb. At least you wouldn't get carpal tunnel.

Edited by Outlaw
  • Like 2

I can't do it.....I didn't like the whole crate bit in the first place.-1

btw wth does building a canal have to do with lumps of silver?

I can't do it.....I didn't like the whole crate bit in the first place.-1

btw wth does building a canal have to do with lumps of silver?

I have 70 ore veins left to mine out in my canal.  Smelting to transport with loadable containers would be.... awesome!

Just make fsb/bsb loadable.

Transporting large amounts of crops is needlessly click intensive, requiring thousands of clicks and a lot of time.

It wouldn't change much, except remove the pointless chore of loading/unloading.

Hell, give it a 10 minute load timer (load timer could be relative to how full the container is or something) for a fsb/bsb. At least you wouldn't get carpal tunnel.

I totally agree, but since they made crates and not loadable BSBs before, I think they have an aversion to making them loadable at all.

ye olde bags of holding... with more bags of holding inside...

QoYgK.jpg

• Like 1

+1

If anyone crams 100k of something or more on a knarr, you'll see why the +1.... SPECIALLY if you deliver on Xanadu.

• Like 1

+1  I have been thinking along similar lines.  Would it not be wonderful to be able to create mini BSBs, like drawers, each holding say up to 100 items, that can be loaded on transporters, rafts, boats and carts - and stackable on the ground to make a 2 x 2 or 3 x 3 etc "chest of drawers" in which one can store items for a particular craft, be it carpentry or leather working or alchemy (why, oh why can't mushrooms be stored!? - dried mushrooms?)  - rather than having to resort to messy and huge BSB arrangements.  Each "drawer" could be say half a tile wide and half a tile deep on the ground.  100 could be loaded on a raft or say 10 on an empty cart, taking up a proportion of the space of a small crate.... will put this up as a separate suggestion as well.