Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

Forward spawns on Elevation?

Forward spawns on Elevation?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have forward spawns on the new Elevation map?

Would be nice to get home players in, maybe a timeout where after/during the HOTA these deeds open up and the portals won't work so you can't hide in them

Hmmm... special portals (no walls) with a tiny no-build zone (the nobuild zone does not aid any kingdom) that opens up 30 min before hota and last 30 min after its completed... I could support that.

Elevation players would supply the horses as usual.

And naturally like all forms of teleportation enemy kingdom players block it and ofcourse it would have the usual home server portal cooldown.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 2

Same thinking that will lead to 20 players on elevation again.

portals didnt give elevation more people, it took people from elevation and moved them to homeserver cause now they could. it also took away ele-pvp/catching peple out cause more started hunting at their home server 'cause of convenience

• Like 2

portals didnt give elevation more people, it took people from elevation and moved them to homeserver cause now they could. it also took away ele-pvp/catching peple out cause more started hunting at their home server 'cause of convenience

Turning the hota into some deeded off exclusive event sure in hell isnt going to make more PvP or bring more people over.

Turning the hota into some deeded off exclusive event sure in hell isnt going to make more PvP or bring more people over.

Well clearly you dont understand PVP so I'll stop now.

Spawn zones get used like this: http://puu.sh/gz1zX.jpg

Safe havens like that should be kept to a minimum if you want to create a hardcore pvp environment. If people feel the need to have security somewhere reasonably close to hota they should build themselves a secure deed and maintain it.  If enemies don't like it, they should be given the chance to catapult it to hell. Doesn't exactly promote people coming to Elevation either if they can simply hop over from their home servers. Yeah you can say "B-but it's soooo far from hota",  on old Ele people used those portals as well, and by the looks if it the travel time won't change that much if those forward bases are added.

• Like 2

Well clearly you dont understand PVP so I'll stop now.

yeah I dont understand YOUR idea of PvP.

Spawn zones get used like this: http://puu.sh/gz1zX.jpg

Safe havens like that should be kept to a minimum if you want to create a hardcore pvp environment. If people feel the need to have security somewhere reasonably close to hota they should build themselves a secure deed and maintain it.  If enemies don't like it, they should be given the chance to catapult it to hell. Doesn't exactly promote people coming to Elevation either if they can simply hop over from their home servers. Yeah you can say "B-but it's soooo far from hota",  on old Ele people used those portals as well, and by the looks if it the travel time won't change that much if those forward bases are added.

Exactly why you wouldn't make it like shown in the image

nvm

Edited by permo

Both sides are making great arguments.

Still think a purchasable portal that can be linked between 1 village on Elevation and 1 village on home server would be ideal. Give it a timer and call it a day.

Both sides are making great arguments.

Still think a purchasable portal that can be linked between 1 village on Elevation and 1 village on home server would be ideal. Give it a timer and call it a day.

I'll rather have that. Wurm should have as little pre-built as possible.

I also voted Yes.

I voted yes. The map is huge and I'm still thinking on Elevation scale. You could easily make them 11x11 with just a spawn point and they wouldnt take up any space. 

I like This post.

Forward bases are going to be like Old Elevation starter deeds. The distance is far to great to even matter.

I like this and agree.

Hmmm... special portals (no walls) with a tiny no-build zone (the nobuild zone does not aid any kingdom) that opens up 30 min before hota and last 30 min after its completed... I could support that.

Elevation players would supply the horses as usual.

And naturally like all forms of teleportation enemy kingdom players block it and ofcourse it would have the usual home server portal cooldown.

I like this as well!

Again, I voted Yes.   I also really don't care about PMK's but thats my bias.  There is only one Goddess, that is Libila.   There is only One Country, that is Horde of the Summond.  all the rest are abominations. 

People, we need to think like this.

Forward spawns are existing kingdom spawns.  With the existing/old Elevation map size.

Rear Spawns are like Home Server Islands.

If they're the same distance Ele's starter deeds were to Hota then yes.

Voted yes the map is huge, just ensure your savy with the distance and placement, speaking of which the BL spawn should be moved south of the hota.

I voted yes. I think Home Server ppl should be able to port closer. Its way to far to ride if you dont have a really fast horse.

It will cut down on travel time all around. Making the game more enjoyable. 

Having a regular forward deed is not the same thing.

Edited by Omar

Either way, the far ones should be more central along the respective home server borders not right up in the corners.

Years have shown that you cant force people to live on Elevation if they do not want to, if portals encouraged people to move to the home server away from Ele well I guess Ele wasn't for them either, but this doesn't mean we need to exclude them from enjoying the game. Some kingdoms may have the numbers to support cutting them off from the action but not all have that luxury.

Building your own forward bases is all well and good and no one is discounting that, they will still be needed regardless for obvious reasons but people that don't live there will not have much motivation to travel forever to be part of the fun or more often than not to just die.

Im more sure than ever that most people are not understanding the distances involved here

• Like 1

If thy not want's to travel thy must play on Ele and make a deed there  instead of the home servers. Its like you put on chaos teleports so that freedom can joins the Hota. If ppl don't want to make effort to get there thy don't get anything eather.

Except that home servers are part of the epic pvp set up. Freedom was just shoved onto wild and not pvp. Epic was created smaller to ease the travel issues and make pvp faster and easier to get into and now for some reason its all just being reverted back to something crazy.

Apples and Oranges, Chalk and Cheese.... but I guess people really do want Chaos 2.0 with a touch of freedom lite

Im more sure than ever that most people are not understanding the distances involved here

Pretty sure part of that is because of where they were on the waterworld map

If they are the distance away that they are in the example then it's ok.

If they are where they were on the previous map, no way.

Valuable real estate on a map this size? Really?

Additionally, would a forward spawn need anything much more than 11x11 + 5 perimeter?  It's not like you are going to have a trader, refreshment vendor, 8 buildings.... there.

• Like 1

How about just opening inner portals within x hours of HotA?

Also is HotA daily? May be better once (or twice) a week to draw more players in with the reward value boosted to reflect that, idk. It would add a lot of intensity and anticipation to the cull too lol.

Ok then no forward spawns.... enjoy your new map. Epic dude is not gonna be re prem'd.....o/

Ok then no forward spawns.... enjoy your new map. Epic dude is not gonna be re prem'd.....o/

c6ec07acba126c1a11b63a95c385b845095fbad9

• Like 5

Home server portals hurt home server PvP and raiding as well. It's harder and more dangerous to raid, and there are certain areas that you just can't travel to without a huge gank because Elevation gank squads keep deeds with horses/hell horses and boats right next to the start deeds where the portals are. You raid, you're doing fine, you get a couple tab kills... then 20 people pop through the portal, get on their horses/boats, and come gank you 4:1. It goes the other way too.

Overall, teleporting is becoming WAY too common and needs to be cut back drastically in PvP situations.

As for forward spawns, a picture's worth a thousand words (see Monokles's pic from Strongbox).

Edited by SotG_is_OP