Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

Forward spawns on Elevation?

Forward spawns on Elevation?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have forward spawns on the new Elevation map?

Forward deeds are unecessary and can hurt the game too:

Players can create their own deeds, making the game more interesting and interactive.

They would require players to defend them, as opposed to starter deeds, making up for good confrontations.

The new map is large enough for people who are interested in pvp to actually live on it.

Thus the importance of portals is not as great.

• Like 2

Forward bases are going to be like Old Elevation starter deeds. The distance is far to great to even matter.

Edited by Entendu

Forward deeds are unecessary and can hurt the game too:

Players can create their own deeds, making the game more interesting and interactive.

They would require players to defend them, as opposed to starter deeds, making up for good confrontations.

The new map is large enough for people who are interested in pvp to actually live on it.

Thus the importance of portals is not as great.

Would basically lead to deeded off Hota that only select players can attend and with that not gonna sign up my Epic guy again.  You want more players get away from old thinking. Besides that the map is Indy size.....not Elevation size way to big to have people travelling 2-3 hours or so to the middle to be involved.  But keep thinking the same ole we have to control things deal see how it works for ya.

What he should do is make the entire middle island no build no deeds then I could go for farther out spawning.

Edited by Uberknot

we need a second portal near hota, we need fast travel near hota for home serwers

• Like 1

I voted "no".

Pros:

-Allows for those that live on home servers to quickly reach the HotA area.

-Quick transport between safer outskirts of Elevation and Kingdom Isles.

Cons:

-More difficult for PMKs to contend. (and PMKs bring money to Epic)

-Those using the forward spawns need horses to effectively compete, rendering them useless without support from neighbouring deeds with breeding programs.

-Allows for a safe haven near the center of the map in which the fleeing player could simply teleport away from danger.

-Discourages the use of boats

PMK new players, they want to carebear fortress and with a billions walls ?

That will not make more and better pvp

Keeping the status quo isnt gonna work either.

I voted "no".

Pros:

-Allows for those that live on home servers to quickly reach the HotA area.

-Quick transport between safer outskirts of Elevation and Kingdom Isles.

Cons:

-More difficult for PMKs to contend. (and PMKs bring money to Epic)

-Those using the forward spawns need horses to effectively compete, rendering them useless without support from neighbouring deeds with breeding programs.

-Allows for a safe haven near the center of the map in which the fleeing player could simply teleport away from danger.

-Discourages the use of boats

Forgot one Pro....gets more players involved.

What's the point of having a larger map if you are going to have forward spawns?

What's the point of having a larger map if you are going to have forward spawns?

The larger map is so F2P can come and other players might move on Elevation.

Otherwise might as well shrink it back down.

Oh yeah, make the no build zone bigger. And you may as well throw one around the WL/BL before someone exploits that crap as well because someone "forgot" about that.

• Like 1

Just teleport From homeserver hota and back teleport to the homeserver what give That as benefit for the server if you call pmk carebears what r the homeservers then with there teleports?

The larger map is so F2P can come and other players might move on Elevation.

Otherwise might as well shrink it back down.

I knew my initial suspicions were correct. Basically all people want is another version of Wild. Yay!!!!

Oh yeah, make the no build zone bigger. And you may as well throw one around the WL/BL before someone exploits that crap as well because someone "forgot" about that.

yeah the lights should have a no build zone.

the BL/WL already got a anti-deed zone.

the BL/WL already got a anti-deed zone.

I was just putting that out there just in case...ya know...the code might have gotten porked or something...cuz like...that never happens when they make major changes...right?

I think you need to ask yourself why the Elevation Map reset was needed in the first place and put that ahead of any personal views you might have about the inclusion of forward spawns.

I think you need to ask yourself why the Elevation Map reset was needed in the first place and put that ahead of any personal views you might have about the inclusion of forward spawns.

and vice versa as well.

and vice versa as well.

Yes indeed

No, players can place their own deeds closer to hota. With a big map like this, Elevation might become about territorial warfare like Chaos. These forward spawns would ruin that if they can't be drained and disbanded.

Edited by Sharkin
  • Like 1

This discourages people from living on Elevation. So -1 from me.

• Like 1

Would be nice to get home players in, maybe a timeout where after/during the HOTA these deeds open up and the portals won't work so you can't hide in them

Edit: Essentially how other MMOs handle things like this

Edited by trullilulli

Why should people that decide to stay at the home server get the same advantages that people living close to HOTA have. I really think that portals was a bad idea from the start, It promotes home-server living. I mean if the idea to have portals is to avoid insanely long lonely boat trips then i can support it I guess, and now with a bigger map it doesnt have to be a "instant hota"-portal which was what annoyed me, so a far away starter deed with portals is ok but forward portals is stupid imo.
I mean if you settle yourself in Jokkmokk it comes with the price of commute.

Edited by permo
  • Like 5

Why should people that decide to stay at the home server get the same advantages that people living close to HOTA have. I really think that portals was a bad idea from the start, It promotes home-server living. I mean if the idea to have portals is to avoid insanely long lonely boat trips then i can support it I guess, and now with a bigger map it doesnt have to be a "instant hota"-portal which was what annoyed me, so a far away starter deed with portals is ok but forward portals is stupid imo.

I mean if you settle yourself in Jokkmokk it comes with the price of commute.

Same thinking that will lead to 20 players on elevation again.

• Like 1