Sign in to follow this  
Jberg

Forward spawns on Elevation?

Forward spawns on Elevation?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have forward spawns on the new Elevation map?

So, this is a hot debate topic at the moment in the new suggested map for elevation thread, so let's get some polling results on it in!

Do note - the polling options are public to attempt to deny trolling attempts.

Rationalize why you vote as you do - give us a logical list of Pros and Cons. The topic is in Town Square to give everyone equal chance to weigh in.

Trolling will get removed.

General example of locations.

Locations not final and subject to change. Provided to give a visual representation of the considered options.

No forward spawns - http://i.imgur.com/7lEC6EQ.jpg

Forward spawns - http://i.imgur.com/R0hWgtf.jpg

Map key:

Red - Mol Rehan

Blue - Jenn Kellon

Purple - HoTS

Yellow - HotA

Teal - Suggested "no build zone".

there is no need for forward spawns, as said in the other thread. 1 starter deed/spawn point is plenty per template, make it fair for PMK's

• Like 4

there is no need for the forward spawns.

let the kingdoms build their own forward spawns, this promotes a kingdom to work together which in the long run is more fun.

• Like 5

PMKs are a players choice, they come and they go. They should not really be the main focus of why something is done. (or not done)

Edited by amberain80
  • Like 3

No forward spawns they aren't needed, also no build zones don't really do much as people will build just outside of that anyway just slightly farther from hota.

• Like 1

Woah, calm down on the paint drawings, your almost as good as me at them :D

No forward spawns they aren't needed, also no build zones don't really do much as people will build just outside of that anyway just slightly farther from hota.

The point of the nobuild zone is to provide longer chase distaance and thus increase the likelyhood of combat, flanking, traps, etc ;)

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 3

PMKs are a players choice, they come and they go. They should not really be the main focus of why something is done. (or not done)

I agree, and better to let the players make that choice, instead of putting a starter deed that creates of zone of UNCONTESTABLE territory

• Like 2

Voted no - I agree with Orlaz on letting kingdom's build their own. It also gives PMK's an equal advantage.

It's just generally unnecessary and opens up too many unfair and pvp hurting issues.

• Like 1

So PMKs should have home servers and their own gods too if we are going to talk fair. It's part of being a PMK.

I think there is way too many people thinking that the bases will be right next to HotA but the map is huge and so are those distances. People could make 100 places closer than the forward bases to hide. We need those if we expect or want home server participation and inclusion. Not everyone has 6 hours to spend traveling each HotA and even with a forward base it will still be lengthy but at least manageable.

• Like 1

Definately no forward spawns as they create a permanent no build zone that can't be contested in what will be the most contested area.  Please leave what would be the forward spawn areas to be player manipulated and defended. 

So PMKs should have home servers and their own gods too if we are going to talk fair. It's part of being a PMK.

I think there is way too many people thinking that the bases will be right next to HotA but the map is huge and so are those distances. People could make 100 places closer than the forward bases to hide. We need those if we expect or want home server participation and inclusion. Not everyone has 6 hours to spend traveling each HotA and even with a forward base it will still be lengthy but at least manageable.

Travel to home server portal, portal to Ele, travel to HotA, complete HotA, travel back to portal and then home. I think I was being more than reasonable yes

• Like 1

Yes, Yes, Yes....  wait  for our guys with this polling.

If we want more ppl from home servers... play hota and pvp. YES.

• Like 1

I'm 50/50 right now.

Forward spawns give the ability for home server players to come over and be some what near hota. However, they also take up valuable real estate.

Maybe Rolf and his team can implement another way to cross? Example--- Portals that can be purchased and linked with villages across servers. This gives home server players the ability to come over any time they want. Can implement an 30 minute - hour timer too.

• Like 2

Travel to home server portal, portal to Ele, travel to HotA, complete HotA, travel back to portal and then home. I think I was being more than reasonable yes

Edited by Zekezor

I'm 50/50 right now.

Forward spawns give the ability for home server players to come over and be some what near hota. However, they also take up valuable real estate.

Maybe Rolf and his team can implement another way to cross? Example--- Portals that can be purchased and linked with villages across servers. This gives home server players the ability to come over any time they want. Can implement an 30 minute - hour timer too.

Valuable real estate on a map this size? Really?

• Like 2

If you want to do hota then stay on ele

Then you dont need to travel So long

Edited by Aonime
  • Like 1

I think Home Servers should be able to port closer.

The farther away portals are for the F2P you didn't want.

This map was supposed to be more about the Hota and getting more players involved on Elevation.

Edited by Uberknot

this map will be here for years.

players will aspire to great heights, and stoop to tremendous lows.

no reason to speed up that process

I voted no btw

• Like 1

I voted yes. The map is huge and I'm still thinking on Elevation scale. You could easily make them 11x11 with just a spawn point and they wouldnt take up any space. 

If you want more than hota why spawn points near the hota? With That you will get more a zerg off ppl instead of pvp

No forward bases, +1 to no build zone.

HotA is supposed to be a PvP competition. Minehops and safe deeds destroy PvP, You can argue that people won't leave deed without safety, but that's their problem. Minehops, gatehops, and safe deeds prevent PvP by giving players a safe place to combat log or just not fight. Aggressors just leave because they would be stupid to let defenders archer horses. It isn't PvP. It's on par with popping an enemy settlement's alarm and leaving. 

The only way to kill those players is to raid the deed, which we all know is stupidly broken.