Sign in to follow this  
Firestarter

Goodbye Old Elevation/Unofficial Elevation Memorial

postes - changed kingdoms a lot, played league of legends most of the time but occasional wurm pvp consultant. Gave sage advice sometimes.

:P

• Like 3

A crack squad of GMs?

I feel sorry for those two flying around like that all day... *RUNS*

quote this and i'll tell you what your legacy was on elevation, and what you were best known for.

firestarter - another name added to the long list of bad emperors 

You mean Firecat lol (I think thats the name?)

Edited by Omar

I'm glad I got to see the launch of Elevation way back when, too bad I didn't stick around.

quote this and i'll tell you what your legacy was on elevation, and what you were best known for.

I must have only played for like a week or so, but it was fun. Talking about Brad Pitt and the price of dignity.

• Like 1

Hats off to Duyu and others work on DSC. Unsurpassed in the amount of work, detail, quality and good looks of the buildings inside and out of any deed on Ele.

Edited by Omar

I made some steppe and then it got reset likely out of jealously. Going to HoTA by myself and then running from 4 BL only find out what seemed like the rest of the kingdom was waiting for me at the MR HoTA mine was pretty fun. Or one of the many times we got dehorsed outside the JK HoTA mine and trying to retreat on foot and having Mowglia try to walk back into the fight while Gary yells at him in TS to retreat.

This is 99% made up. Gary doesn't talk in TS.

Oh elevation... How I love thee... not.... =] 

Most of my memories of elevation sadly were being the only one online... or one of 4-7 people... :( Running through the vast areas and seeing nothing but gators.... back when my armor wasn't really up for it... I never rode traited horses... i died many times... many... many... times on elevation... only twice to other people though. ;/ 

My first memories of elevation were actually memories of strongbox... The cauldron was in serious need of help... they came to strongbox and recruited members constantly they needed rope.... cotton... wemp... no one had any supplies. they wanted fighters :( Some people neighbors of mine left to join their ranks while many crafted rowboats and cotton for shipments to elevation. 

My second memory was the day Posteh attacked .... he was the first group of raiders on JKH and i literally asked the people if he was AI... like... robots... I didnt know raiders existed until that point i actually thought i had picked a freedom server... my bad :) It was fun the first... 10 times or so when he raided. After the 10th time most of the defense joined the enemy. People stopped showing up to help out. People mainly talked. Posteh showed up with 3 buddies.... 20-30 jk showed up to stop him... and he would retreat... well sorta retreat :) all 20-30 ppl would start following and spread apart and some get lost or fall off cliffs... haha and then next u see one of his buddies would die... followed by 20-25 jk deaths =] and lots of raging :) i dont think he ever lost more than 1 of his 4 crew =] I don't think posteh ever died not sure. =] 

My 3rd memory was the 6 hour boat ride from JKH to MRH when i thought sharks existed and that elevation trip via rowboat was very very lengthy... 

4th memory was thinking whitestone which became KoT was actually going to be made up of mainly JKH to combat BL and MRH... I mainly went cos michieldewit was going to be in it... and he was one of the few willing to defend sb when others gave up hope ;( it was a huge mistake. A big waste of time... most of the village did their own thing in tiny 2-3 man groups... wouldnt take others with them or even share teamspeak info... they would have multiple small groups raiding jkh at the same time and not even talk with one another. Most of the group just hid in caves and ran and never wanted to fight :( Michieldewit and shankiest would go kill though and michiel almost made love PVP just listening to the strategy and scouting while i was at work. =] Tons of priests were nice... but eh... ill never forget how many animals whitestone had =] and the joy i had when posteh and the JKE crew finally shut the citadel down. ;) 

Also was where i first met Nathan. Start of KoT he left and did his own thing up north of high hopes i believe. I didnt know any hermits existed on ele... =] 

So many memories of the dumb white light moving around everytime i went to priest up... and i can't tell you how many times i tried to get to the whitelight on foot and died horribly losing stamina for some hill or whatnot and then getting attacked *sighs* 

Memories of searching for open traders all over the server and then finding most of them deeded with a templar and me being unable to do anything about it at the time ;/ *sighs* 

The first sight i had of a dock with 20+ caravels and 20-30 other ships... just sitting out in the open water locked and no one caring... who  needs a boat cave =] Reminded me of the start of the server when ppl were begging for rowboats ;/ The cauldron was the weakest of the factions back at the start and JK became pretty strong when our raiders became our defenders =] oh how things had changed =] 

Memories of stumbling in on huge silver mines and taking tons back to Serenity... thinking i found something super precious =] utmost veins... too bad i could only mine 70ql at the time. ;) 

Memories of running from ppl and stealthing....only to move a few minutes later when they are gone... and then die to trolls or whatnot right after *facepalm* 

I hated the shear size of Elevation though... Honestly most of my memories were desolation.... isolation... part of a huge village with thousands of animals and thousands of farm tiles and being alone :( I really missed serenity most of the time when i was on elevation... or old Angmar at the start... Daggerport/CliffCoast/Angmar was really something back when it was fully populated and we werent all enemies ;( I miss the interaction of so many people. I never really cared for pvp in wurm. Not really my style but I definitely miss "Large populated villages" ;( 

The past year all i've thought about when i hear "elevation" though is "Nathan's home" =] I didnt know people still pvp'd on it =] haha

Only people that killed me on elevation from what i can remember was BloodThirst....TheHare(KellyT I think?).... and possibly awardis? If u killed me at any other time feel free to remind me. =] and the story behind it. =] 

Oh and that one memory.... of the original owner of "deepshaft" before shanky had it =] I invited him to whitestone after some hesitation and he killed me right after... it was just my alt... but eh... i then went to his house outside strongbox and catapulted it... stole all his as punishment.... took his boats leveled it to the ground :) You just don't stab me in the back and get away with it =] 

GoodBye Elevation.... the wicked server that made you use real life money to prem up if u accidently were on the server when u lost prem :( I won't miss that =] 

The one server I never made a guard tower on. =] I'll be making many on the new one =] 

• Like 4

Taken a few hours before the shutdown

0705bc8a2e5dfe30c7829c0463ff0ff1.png

Edited by Chinpow
  • Like 3

Love short story time with papa Posteh

when did you find out?

No idea.

We stopped using it a long time ago lol

We used the one south of it @ Blue Balls Tower.

Edited by Entendu
  • Like 1

man im flattered someone would register just to post about me 

• Like 1

i remember when posteh wwiiol and 2 other people tried to kill awesomefuision on their own deed

they couldnt btw

Edited by Hexproof

this will be good

ran a pmk, barely were around for it, and then pretty much wrote a buncha fictional stuff up to glorify the kingdom despite honestly it collapsing in on itself.  mention anythin bad about lomaner and this guy's jimmies are rustled.  

This is prob a bad idea but I gotta know (Cndo)