Sign in to follow this  
Firestarter

Goodbye Old Elevation/Unofficial Elevation Memorial

quote this and i'll tell you what your legacy was on elevation, and what you were best known for.

Can't wait to hear about how many times I sold Jackburton and quit playing Wurm. But go for it.

• Like 2

quote this and i'll tell you what your legacy was on elevation, and what you were best known for.

i'll bite

Can't wait to hear about how many times I sold Jackburton and quit playing Wurm. But go for it.

How's the family?

mojo - new jersey rager.  the only person i think in history of wurm i met that refused to dig to help a deed. 

pretty much true, never dug dirt for avarga but i learned how to after :^)

i prefer "new jersey occupant" not rager, everyone has an attitude here

My most memorable PvP moment was when we filled up a couple large carts with catas and people and rolled down to KoS to raid/mess with them. They ended up sallying forth from their mine to fight us.

This proceeded to turn into an impromptu large cart tank battle with both sides charging with fully laden warriors aboard. I think everyone laughed, and it's one of the few times there were little to no tears shed over deaths and gear. So much fun.

What I really liked though was this last week everyone had pretty much moved to the home servers. I got to ride around and see about every inch of Ele (first time actually seeing High Hopes in person). Found a ton of chests with sweet loot, and just had some melancholy moments looking at the ruins of once great deeds.

While Elevation 1.0 had its flaws... it's sad to see a real place with so much history now only exist in videos and pictures.

Edited by Landrik
  • Like 1

I had an awesome time on this map. Would like to thank everyone for the fun and entertainment!

Edited by AceRifle
  • Like 1

Pls be srs

Ele's forgotton me but she's unforgettable. Here's a few notable memories of Ele for me, a bit of a summary till I left to hunt Serenity and stayed. The leaving from Kyara and seeing who'd come and who we'd have to say au revoir to. How could they stay on Wild after the hype, it was sad but far outweighed by the pioneer spirit which stayed strong for months after, at least in Lomaner. The mad rush to Uprising on the first day via TS to make the PMK. Staring at a desert full of scorps that none of us would touch. Having to grow any cotton and rope from seed from 0 skill so using HCs for what seemed like months. The power lust and eventual undoing at Dragon's Reach of Wossoo's Freedom heirachy. The first hunt for the artifacts and BL getting all the best ones. The Low Manor days and the arrival of the dragon rider. Deeding the red dragon peak and heading down to help a JKE reduced to just 2 fighters. Crossing the JK scorched earth and arriving at a deserted and intact Cauldron with houses and gear intact, just no people. Surviving like an insurgent while a server full of enemy roamed the lands and defending the capital, NT being just a walled in tower. Mich getting prince and grudgingly moving from JKH. The secret life of a fallen kingdom and the bonds we made in tunnel systems. JKE's anomalous little farming citizens oblivious to the weight of enemy pressing on the JK sky. Rolf, on a new toon after swimming from JKH just planting a little deed in front of NT like he was going to catch a few fish, breed deer traits and grow a few tiles of barley on the blood soaked earth. Bloody funny but it brought people in and Lomaner fighters had started to make the same journey I had in increasing numbers. It looked like JKE may stand upright again. Seeing JK slowly recover and fighters steadily join, we'd been praying for it for too long. JK island with a new improved NT and deeds being started daily. 

I hope the last year was a patch on the first for you all.

Feel free if you even remember me on Ele. I couldn't leave JK for Mongols after my run there but I couldn't face the new looming darkness from the north when your huge fighting force left JK so my exit was perfect. A couple of months Wurm break and on my return the thriving JK island with it's deeds popping up was utterly deserted apart from Nathan, the Mongols had been and disbanded, JKE was destroyed again and I thankfully missed the lot.

Ele gave me a perfect ride apart from when we lay in ambush to get the crown of might and the red dragon and he skipped a drain. We could taste the glory at NT that day but it was never to be. RIP old Ele, it was equal to Wild in intensity for me, different yet just as good, just my kind of trauma. Good luck on the new map, I plan to be there a lot once my Serenity home is complete. A year in the making so I can never desert it but I'll be kicking about and helping JKE, seeing the game develop on the best server I know II.

I'll play, good bye old Elevation you've been the host of many memorable moments and battles.

Here's too hopefully many more on the new map!

• Like 1

jackburton - jacks like that cool uncle who smokes cigars and pops beers and gets way too hammered at family events, and at the end of the family meet gives you a $20. 

watkins - sadly despite being in JK so for long, you'll always be most associated with archerman and being the dumbest MR bait in the history of the world.  90% you were bait ya'll died just for others to get the kills.

acerifle - your legacy will always be being mr. $$$$$$$ and buying whatever you could to attempt to win

silures - i dunno who you even are

oreo - your legacy is that people dont ever even realize you were the chief of the mongols, 90% think it was me

nathan - honestly nathan is like kingdomless. no one ever really wanted to with him.  i think nathan is only person who if like someone in BL raided his place people in BL would of kicked the raiders out of the alliance.  in honest nathan is pretty much role model pvper, polite, no trash talk, yet shows up and has fun.

• Like 2

I made some steppe and then it got reset likely out of jealously. Going to HoTA by myself and then running from 4 BL only find out what seemed like the rest of the kingdom was waiting for me at the MR HoTA mine was pretty fun. Or one of the many times we got dehorsed outside the JK HoTA mine and trying to retreat on foot and having Mowglia try to walk back into the fight while Gary yells at him in TS to retreat.

I can reveal that for the last couple of weeks a crack squad of (non epic server) GMs have been flying around taking nice screenshots of Elevation so I hope to reveal these in due course as part of an Elevation memorial.

Additionally there will be a final map dump for it, made today!

Watch this space. Well, future news posts.

That's really cool!

Really hope to get to see those.

You where the only one that was nice to me from start to present...

Lonely bean still considered JKH...

Edited by BeanBan

I'm both sad to see ele go and glad to watch it burn. Good riddance I miss you already.

sup

Sounds fun.

I got 95+ Chain Armor Smithing, and then people stopped using Chain Armor.   Early On, Most of Black Summit chainsets probably were imped by me, but I constantly outsourced the creation of chain armor to Shankiest or used captured chain armor to improve.

Taking 15+ minutes to get into DSC (The fort on the mountain) Was a PAIN IN THE ****

Black Summit was where I had the most fun PVPing because people actually tried (abeit unsucessfully) to raid the deed and kill people. 

I actaully did participate in a hand full of Hotas, but not many.   Taking 15 minutes to get back into DSC really took the steam out of it for me.

I did enjoy Coal making (no title?) and Jewlery smithing (70+), although I had almost no access to Gold.   Silver was plentyfull.

As a tower builder, I was hoorified to learn that Towers being able to be captured was implemented. 

I was happy to learn that multi story hosing was implemented.   I can imagine how Black Summit would have been planned differently had we had multi story housing from the start.

I played off and on and off.

I lost more horses due to other causes than PVP.

I went from 13 to 31 fight skill in one night, but that was on the old afliction server.  (This would have taken months on Wild for anyone but JK)

paint me like one of your french models

Also amber wanted met to ask you to tell her legacy also.

Edited by thekraken

Dam, someone already posted one of my videos

I had a lot of fun in this fight back with the old JK crew

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se6JcYTDIWI

• Like 1

shame i never got to use BL's bunny hop D:

We knew about it, thats why.

• Like 1

Posteh - Verbose.  Doing the same style bait traps every time, yet still getting some kills from it.