Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

New Elevation map suggestion

yeah, now those of us that took the 13th/14th off to get a hopefully good start, have wasted there day off. thank you! glad you like to listen to whiners!! Cuz i hate the fact i don't have drake...

just saying not everyone's happy...

Edited by Rhianna
  • Like 1

was 13th to shut down, 14th to bring up.

and yes i am upset, as for wasting a day off playing wurm? don't most people playing spend there entire life outside of work on wurm? i take 2 days after a 2 year break lol! not a waste, up until it was for not.

Here bud. Hope this helps with your confusion on the release time frame.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/120453-elevation-reset/

Wossoo stated, and I quote, "Elevation will be shut down for the last time on April 13th. A brand new map will be opened in its place as soon as possible afterwards. Our current aim is 15th April or before."

As soon as possible is what I'm reading, which makes total sense to me. If I were you I'd never take off work in anticipation for an "asap" release date and would instead wait until the release is already up and live before making such commitments. Just my advice.

Edited by Slickshot
  • Like 1

Lol it was never set for the 14th. 

Another thing kodiakjack. Who are you to call anyone a whiner? look what youre doing right now. Pathetic lol

• Like 1

just saying, "as soon as possible" isnt possible any more

its the only way to get your way.so i might as well try

Well your way is not possible. Hes not going to change the release date just because someone took off work for it. Bridges are coming out right? As the saying goes "Build a bridge and get over it" 

(that was corny but lol) 

has nothing to do with changing the release date. lol if that's what you think this is about you just picked the first thing to comment on. this about the fact that enough people whined, got ele changed and now the possibility of it coming out tomorrow is slim to none, which it wasn't before, because they were ready to release ele, now the have to re map it. please try and keep up and don't get lost in my responses to people read the entire conversation.

tldr

total lies* didnt read?

I've learned enough hard lessons in my time here to know that being arrogant and abrasive towards others only digs you a deep hole. Trust me when I say that a deep hole takes time to climb out of (still climbing *sigh*), so do yourself a favor and put down the shovel.

On a real note, several people have responded to your criticism with fact's pertaining to the release date but you still aren't happy with any of it. What are you actually after? You've been given solid answers. You've stated your opinions and made your frustrations known. What more is there to need?

I'm glad Rolf listened to the players concerns and redid the map, which is far better than the first one shown.

• Like 1

I want to alienate myself from the whole community upon return because I didn't request my vacation properly

Seems like you could simply spend the time meeting friends on MRH or reviewing the map and planning where you want to go. Or you could spend it ranting on an official thread and alienating yourself.

Edited by Gianna
  • Like 1

I'm glad Rolf listened to the players concerns and redid the map, which is far better than the first one shown.

Agreed, i hope he continues that curve to make sure the map is the best possible solution to begin the Resurrection of epic and the wurm premium count.

I would like to also add that some players need to void derailing this thread in prevention of putting rolf from reading it. Can we have a moderator clean up the last page of drivel and return it to the highly constructive and adultly handle discussion about the map, the intended conversation here.

Edited by JockII
  • Like 1

You have to realize that 99% of launches don't go off as scheduled. The gamers rule is to take the 2 days off after a launch eta. then you don't have to deal with multiple shut downs while lost in the woods.

Agreed, i hope he continues that curve to make sure the map is the best possible solution to begin the Resurrection of epic and the wurm premium count.

Agreed, but i don't think Epic alone will be the solution for bringing up the premium count. Not without some heavy changes on PvP and fight mechanics. (specially ending the whole people draining real money from other people's deeds).

Also the Catastrophic Events need to be severely toned down.

As a norm, most people aren't happy that RNG will simply destroy stuff, specially when actual money went it to that.

Add to that that we know that PvE is the biggest population share of the game, i'm not confident that this map, and anything done on Epic alone will help. I'm pretty sure Bridges will give the game a fresh air balloon, and will probably boost Premium account numbers back to Xanadu Launch numbers, but those are likely to dwindle in time as well if nothing more profound isn't done to improve the attractiveness of the game.

Edited by KanePT

I would like to also add that some players need to void derailing this thread in prevention of putting rolf from reading it. Can we have a moderator clean up the last page of drivel and return it to the highly constructive and adultly handle discussion about the map, the intended conversation here.

wasn't trying to derail the thread. but your point was the most valid, i did my part. all Edited.

• Like 1

For those wondering how large a 400x400 hota with a 100 radius no-build-zone would be on the map:

hota_added.jpg

Edited by Zekezor

For those wondering how large a 400x400 hota with a 100 radius no-build-zone would be on the map:

hota_added.jpg

thats pretty good for the size of the map. imo

wasn't trying to derail the thread. but your point was the most valid, i did my part. all Edited.

We all get angry and we all loose our s**t, i'm sure if you asked people they would tell you its one of the things im good at.

However, how this new map has been managed by the dev team and supported constructivly by the community must remain paramount. It is absolutly brilliant that we are all together here sharing and explaing the changes we need to secure the fun we gain from this game.

turning back to the map, are the devs planning any more of the suggested solutions/allteration to create the perfect play ground?

I myself would really like to see a middle ground between the first and this current map with much of the land broken up stratgically with water to encourage the use of the long awaited mechanic, bridges. I also want to see that sailing(which is a big part of epic pvp) be included in the creation along side the abilty to roam and protect the land you claim. Either in a default kingdom or a player created kingdom.