Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

New Elevation map suggestion

I'd say it looks like a propper map now... The connection areas can become chockepoints for battle during HOTA, but i'd probably do a similar link from JK to center as well...

How about a happy medium at 75 tiles for the building zone restriction. Halfway between 50 and 100; the two popular opinions.

Seeing the new map, i would sugest some more lands, but make it so that the MR and BL continents are not conntected to the main lands so we can sail ships through, and build birdges.

Two things:

1. There are no mountains - Is this good? bad?  I think giant mountains are cool, and this entire map seems to basically be near-ish water level

2. Too much flat, boring terrain - There's some interesting features like mountains and ridges directly out of the water, but a lot of this new map is just flat terrain; grass, trees, desert, tundra, w/e.

These are just my personal opinions, but I figured I'd throw 'em here (no matter anyway, map seems to be set in stone at this point)

Just compare it with Chaos map though (same size as everyone knows):

Chaos: 

CHAOS_PUBLIC_MAP.png

New Elevation:

map.jpg

Just look at the height of the Chaos mountains vs. the Elevation ones..   I know they take up lots of space, but Epic shouldn't imply boring terrain.

This is obviously the wrong time to post more blabla about the new server, but i figured i'd throw it out there because it was on my mind. <3

Terrible map, possibly worse than the first.

• The original idea of making a water based map was GREAT, but it was done without enough islands. This map has land bridges (Mind you only 2/3 kingdoms get it which is silly) which I think defeated the whole idea of making boat warfare/raiding better.

Go back to the drawing board and perhaps use Zekezors map suggestion where he added a few islands, that map was perfect.

Terrible map, possibly worse than the first.

• The original idea of making a water based map was GREAT, but it was done without enough islands. This map has land bridges (Mind you only 2/3 kingdoms get it which is silly) which I think defeated the whole idea of making boat warfare/raiding better.

Go back to the drawing board and perhaps use Zekezors map suggestion where he added a few islands, that map was perfect.

Two things:

1. There are no mountains - Is this good? bad?  I think giant mountains are cool, and this entire map seems to basically be near-ish water level

2. Too much flat, boring terrain - There's some interesting features like mountains and ridges directly out of the water, but a lot of this new map is just flat terrain; grass, trees, desert, tundra, w/e.

These are just my personal opinions, but I figured I'd throw 'em here (no matter anyway, map seems to be set in stone at this point)

Just compare it with Chaos map though (same size as everyone knows):

Chaos: 

CHAOS_PUBLIC_MAP.png

New Elevation:

map.jpg

Just look at the height of the Chaos mountains vs. the Elevation ones..   I know they take up lots of space, but Epic shouldn't imply boring terrain.

This is obviously the wrong time to post more blabla about the new server, but i figured i'd throw it out there because it was on my mind. <3

Comparing to Chaos only make this map look worse.  It is beyond bland. I think once again zekzors idea of a map was better + the addtion of some HUGE mountain ranges like chaos would create the real variance that is needed.

Edit

Also fix the rate of tree spawning cause it;s insane, everything just becomes forest after a few weeks/months

Edited by JockII
  • Like 1

But we can't ride horses over mountains so we have to mine through them which can be a pain.   Mountains are ok if they are not choke points.

I like the new flat map.

But we can't ride horses over mountains so we have to mine through them which can be a pain.   Mountains are ok if they are not choke points.

I like the new flat map.

agree but a variance would be nice. say 70% flat with 30% mountains for land and a 60 to 40% land to water

AAetius raise a very good point about crossingpoints. With the addition of real bridges, the solid landbridges are no longer a necity and solid landbridges would interfere with general mobility and travel around the map with ships.

wurm_rivers.jpg

I would cut rivers at the red lines and id also add landmass at the yellow areas to more easily enable more access routes to the mainland aswell as adding more routes to the various continents which would allow landtravel to enemy lands after bridges are set up. This would promote roaming and in general make it more interesting since there wouldnt be just one chokepoint to hold.

Some people raise concerns about mountains and while im heavily against having them in the central lands I think its okay to have decently large ones further out.

But whats important when adding mountains is that the slope cant be too heavy on all sides (one or two sides can be heavily sloped though), if there is no natural walking path up then they become hideously hard to raid.

As for the general map I think some slighly smaller islands than the light blue circle could be added around the map (and about the same flatness) to allow medium sized groups that enjoy naval warfare but not landbattles as much to set up their docks/living areas on islands.

Overall no heavy edits need to be done, but I think those alterations I mentioned would make it more enjoyable for people. (especially the travel path ones)

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 7

AAetius raise a very good point about crossingpoints. With the addition of real bridges, the solid landbridges are no longer a necity and solid landbridges would interfere with general mobility and travel around the map with ships.

wurm_rivers.jpg

I would cut rivers at the red lines and id also add landmass at the yellow areas to more easily enable more access routes to the mainland aswell as adding more routes to the various continents which would allow landtravel to enemy lands after bridges are set up. This would promote roaming and in general make it more interesting since there wouldnt be just one chokepoint to hold.

Some people raise concerns about mountains and while im heavily against having them in the central lands I think its okay to have decently large ones further out.

But whats important when adding mountains is that the slope cant be too heavy on all sides (one or two sides can be heavily sloped though), if there is no natural walking path up then they become hideously hard to raid.

As for the general map I think some slighly smaller islands than the light blue circle could be added around the map (and about the same flatness) to allow medium sized groups that enjoy naval warfare but not landbattles as much to set up their docks/living areas on islands.

Overall no heavy edits need to be done, but I think those alterations I mentioned would make it more enjoyable for people. (especially the travel path ones)

I would like this but I am all out of Likes.   I really like Zeke's map suggestions!

• Like 1

wurm_rivers.jpg

Very nice, would be fantastic to see this suggestion put into practice. Less land bridges more water please!

YEA MAP IS AWESOME! MORE RIVERS WOULD BE AWESOME TOO !!! 

• Like 1

796f482380.jpg

Muh friend is in the forum jail forever so he asked me to post this. So here it is.

LOL! I love that BL is Pink.. Way to show our Carebear Pride Lorena!

Go Carebears!

wurm_rivers.jpg

Top suggestion right here

This is a great map but the best thing about this is that you worked quickly to resolve the issues and actually read the feedback and applied it. 

Thanks

• Like 1

what ever one aslong as its out before thursday

Edited by Hexproof
  • Like 3

yeah, now those of us that took the 13th/14th off to get a hopefully good start, have wasted there day off. thank you! glad you like to listen to whiners!! Cuz i hate the fact i don't have drake... 

just saying not everyone's happy...

I mean, I know tons of people do it. But if you took a day off to play Wurm, didn't you waste a day anyway? Stop QQ

• Like 2