Sign in to follow this  
Chakron

Niarja - Go use WurmNode!

The Top Players page will return soon. I wasn't happy with the existing version. Thanks for your patience, it won't be a long wait!

Edited by Chakron
  • Like 1

If only there would be a way to separate Epic skill dumps from Freedom dumps in my player folders. Playing on both clusters were the main reason I've stopped uploading skills to Niarja, I know I'd surely mix them up :S

At a first glimpse I really love the changes on Niarja - thanks a lot!

EDIT: maybe a toggle could be possible on the uploaded skilldumps to assign them to Epic/Freedom manually by the uploader? I could surely sort them out seeing the overall values after upload - it is way more harder to do one-by-one before uploading.

Edited by Jaz

That's a good idea, and would not be difficult to add. I'll take a look at that tomorrow.

• Like 1

The landing page occasionally takes a while to load, I think I know why that's happening and it should be a quick fix.

Performing a minor upgrade before I go to bed, few minutes downtime.

Edit: Done, took 30 seconds.

Edited by Chakron

8 hours ago, Finnn said:

New design?

QXaWu-v_ThGVvlyVR5qBzA.png

Some things were changed, yes. See this post.

Are you having any problems? Your image does not work.

Edit: Managed to load it. What problem are you having?

Edited by Chakron

Sorry, the poll rate is currently 1 hour. I set it to something limited for launch testing. Will set it back to 3 minutes when I get home.

• Like 2

Fixed, tweets are now refreshed every 3 minutes again. I will probably set the refresh rate to 1 minute after some testing, looks like that rate will be supported now (Niarja uses pull instead of push for various reasons).

I've collected some additional feedback regarding light/dark themes in the official WO discord and there will be updates to those tonight. If you're having issues seeing anything on the page right now, try clicking "Light Theme" in the bottom right hand corner. That will work a little better until the improvements are up.

is this what the website is supposed to look like now?

Spoiler

gayCVXq.jpg

4wfUwLN.jpg

if so im not meaning to be rude, but this is quite unpleasant to look at compared to the previous version

There will be some changes tonight - anything specific bothering you? Those views are almost exactly the same as they were previously. But they aren’t containered/separated as well, and the color scheme isn’t very good.

Edit: That’s not rude at all, no worries.

Edited by Chakron

Epic population count seems to show the same total for all servers

Just now, faty said:

Epic population count seems to show the same total for all servers

It has always done that. Specific Epic server populations are not provided by Wurm’s stats.xml

Before it used to show as total if i remember right.. it is just weird to see it separated per server and still see the same total :)

2 hours ago, Chakron said:

Some things were changed, yes. See this post.

Are you having any problems? Your image does not work.

Edit: Managed to load it. What problem are you having?

No problem, waiting patiently, no worries.

I read earlier that there will be changes for the index and adding some separation for the server hubs.

Any plans on making shorter links? niarja.com/finn or niarja.com/u/finn etc.. new links seem a bit LONG(just a feedback for that 1 change)

3 minutes ago, faty said:

Before it used to show as total if i remember right.. it is just weird to see it separated per server and still see the same total :)

Ah, got it. I can change that back.

Pushed out a few initial changes to fix some color scheme issues.

• Fixed cases where text was not visible on dark mode.
  • Made light mode a little darker, and dark mode a little lighter.
  • Character names are now larger on their skill pages.
  • Changed some colors on skill graphs for light and dark theme. Striving to find something that looks good for characters that have uploaded many skill dumps, and characters that have uploaded few skill dumps.
  • Unrelated, but Epic servers now show "Epic" for overall populations (instead of individual server names)

I'm aware that the dark theme "flashes" on load and I'm working on fixing that. There are a few page load speed issues I want to resolve first.

I'm fixing the icons in the dark theme to not be "boxy".

Did people like having transparent image backgrounds on the old version? I left them out so pages would load faster, but they can provide nice contrast. I just need to take some new, better screenshots!

Edited by Chakron

Don't forget about mobile. 2 columns isn't really readable. 

3 hours ago, LionIX said:

Don't forget about mobile. 2 columns isn't really readable. 

As a quick fix I set the viewport size. The site still doesn't work great on mobile, but things should be a lot more visible now. Over the next couple days I'll get the mobile experience working better.

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Custom votip artwork pls 

Yes, we need this.

• Like 1

Nice of you to take my suggestion and changing the header text on our names to 1 insteaf of 3, looks awesome!

I've temporarily set the maximum number of files in one upload to 300 (was: 1000). I'll set it back after fixing a few things. If your skill uploads failed because they were larger, please try them again. Thanks!

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 6:14 PM, Chakron said:

There will be some changes tonight - anything specific bothering you? Those views are almost exactly the same as they were previously. But they aren’t containered/separated as well, and the color scheme isn’t very good.

Edit: That’s not rude at all, no worries.

i think its a combination of being used to the old design, and maybe the old background and blue text made it easier on the eyes for me? im not really sure but its probably just personal preference or something

the new functionality for stp tracking is awesome