Sign in to follow this  
Chakron

Niarja - Go use WurmNode!

Quick question for Chakron:

Is there any possible way that once a person is registered and logged into niarja, their "personal" preferences regarding the site are saved somehow (like, via cookies).

Why I ask is because when looking at the "live Wurm Server Data" page, I prefer to only see the data from the Freedom Isles. I do use the "change server" button to make that happen, but once I close the webpage out and reopen, I have the mixed data page again. It would be really sweet if the site "remembered" the fact that I prefer to see Freedom content only.

Sure, that's possible. Added to the list. So little time to work :(

just noticed in the top 50, skill shown has 8 decimals while wurm only has 6 so where do the extra 2 come from? :P

otherwise pretty nice tool!

just noticed in the top 50, skill shown has 8 decimals while wurm only has 6 so where do the extra 2 come from? :P

otherwise pretty nice tool!

Hah, yeah. Technical explanation: without thinking I initially stored numbers as floats. I then updated the data type to decimal, which converted the floats and led to very small rounding errors. I'll get that fixed up, thanks. Edited by Chakron

Can people just edit the numbers they input?

Not sure which question you're asking so I'll answer both.

You can edit out numbers manually if you don't want to upload them. Right now I'm working on skill-level privacy.

Yes, people can upload whatever. There is no way to guarantee or check that the numbers are true. It's all for fun, hopefully no one takes it too seriously.

That will be added soon. Careful with that simple input button though! You can introduce a lot of security vulnerabilities by implementing one improperly. Even major companies make that mistake sometimes.

Better yet, team up with Aldur and add the feature to WurmAssistant so we can configure it to do it automatically. :D

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/68031-wurm-assistant-enrich-your-wurm-experience/

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/user/6302-aldur/

Otherwise if you do it yourself, add an app that collects play times as well so we can compare who the biggest Wurm Addict is. :P

Better yet, team up with Aldur and add the feature to WurmAssistant so we can configure it to do it automatically. :D

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/68031-wurm-assistant-enrich-your-wurm-experience/

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/user/6302-aldur/

Otherwise if you do it yourself, add an app that collects play times as well so we can compare who the biggest Wurm Addict is. :P

I've signed a non-compete contract that prohibits me from sharing code or participating in open source projects, sorry.

Anyway we can get a tracker of history on total points?  The way individual skills are tracked

• Like 2

Is a bigger graph page with possible aggregation of several skills a la Riceri's Skillcomp on the docket?

I also have pipe dreams of being able to put my exported data from it back in here, though that's a mess of numbers and UNIX timestamps that doesn't align with the dump format at all, so totally understandable if it's not feasible.

• Like 1

Anyway we can get a tracker of history on total points?  The way individual skills are tracked

+1 for this idea, especially if better progress indicator will be implemented. :)

Hey Chakron, would it be unreasonable to ask if Niarja could generate skill-over-time graphs by reading the date and time stamps from uploaded skill logs?

Hey Chakron, would it be unreasonable to ask if Niarja could generate skill-over-time graphs by reading the date and time stamps from uploaded skill logs?

Edited by Chakron

Anyway we can get a tracker of history on total points? The way individual skills are tracked

Good idea, and implementation should be simple!

Is a bigger graph page with possible aggregation of several skills a la Riceri's Skillcomp on the docket?

I also have pipe dreams of being able to put my exported data from it back in here, though that's a mess of numbers and UNIX timestamps that doesn't align with the dump format at all, so totally understandable if it's not feasible.

I am definitely thinking about how to create a full-screen view for looking at skills. I am also working on a script to import riceri WOS exports.

Getting ready to start a new job at the end of the week so EXTREMELY busy, sorry.

• Like 1

Er - doesn't it? Not sure if I understand.

I mean parsing skill gain logs (not skill dumps) to create graphs with higher granularity than ones made by uploading the occasional skill dump.

For example, it would be able to create graphs by using each line of skill gain logs as data points:

Logging started 2015-06-14

[16:19:50] Knives increased by 0.00102 to 48.6573

[16:19:50] Cooking increased by 0.00125 to 25.6756

[16:19:50] Cooking increased by 0.00125 to 25.6769

[16:19:50] Butchering increased by 0.00137 to 48.8235

Logging started 2015-06-15

[18:56:33] Carpentry increased by 0.00533 to 68.6325

[18:57:50] Miscellaneous items increased by 0.00101 to 68.9089

[18:57:50] Carpentry increased by 0.00323 to 68.6357

[18:58:59] Knives increased by 0.00107 to 48.7002

Graphs like these could visualize skill progress very precisely, even identifying particular grind sessions.

Of course, such great resolution isn't necessary, if it would be too much of a burden server-side. One could make fairly precise graphs by reading the last time each skill is mentioned per date stamp, in order to create skill-over-time graphs with a resolution of 24 hours.

Either way, reading skill logs instead of skill dumps has the benefit of being able to reach back to before a player made their first skill dump - something that many people don't do for a long time, if ever (the save skills on exit option is off by default).

On a related note, it would be nice to be able to upload multiple skill dumps simultaneously as text files. It would help create some interesting graphs for those of us who have the "save skills on exit" box checked.

Oh and hey congrats on the job.

Edited by LaRue

I know its a big ask but any chance of an average of each skill or similar, or even just a page listing all public characters to make data mining possible, as it stands the only lists are the top 50 so for any of us who like to produce silly statistics.

• Like 1

There is "Characters For Sale" maybe could be "Characters For Hire"? New page with character list, this might be easier for players who use this site and don't want to bump forum posts.

Hey Wurm Friends,

It's a long weekend here in the United States, meaning that I'll actually be around to work on Niarja! Amazing! You'll see updates in this thread as I push things out.

• Like 2

Quickly hacked together a view of recent changes, planned features, and known bugs. That's all shown on the About page.

c4dbb0378b.jpg

Whoops.

Now I feel really bad that you had to do that one at a time!

Seeing some of those skills makes me feel inadequate :)

I am considering buying an Epic char, is there a way to ask account owners if they are interested in selling?