Sign in to follow this  
Chakron

Niarja - Go use WurmNode!

2 hours ago, atazs said:

Is this still being updated? When are you going to put Cadence on it? 

Yes, and Cadence is already there. It was added at launch.

@Chakron

is managing characters broken atm? haven't been able to do anything for at least 7-10 days manage wise. When I do try to, it makes the website completely not work for a solid 10 minutes. tried multiple browsers

42 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

@Chakron

is managing characters broken atm? haven't been able to do anything for at least 7-10 days manage wise. When I do try to, it makes the website completely not work for a solid 10 minutes. tried multiple browsers

Fixed. Sorry about that.

• Like 2

Reloading Niarja on Safari on my ipad, I get the cookies warning every time.

Is there a way to get Niarja to auto-refresh? I have to manually reload each time I switch to that tab, both on safari/IOS and Firefox/Windows. I keep the tab open and switching just reloads old data.

Just a thought, I'd love to be able to see an accounts STP / overall skill points over time in graph form to see how a character has progressed. Any chance on making this a thing? 

The "Last Rift Length" looks to be wrong for the Northern Isles servers I doubt they have taken over 2 days to close.

On 2/2/2021 at 4:23 PM, Explora said:

The "Last Rift Length" looks to be wrong for the Northern Isles servers I doubt they have taken over 2 days to close.

Unsure why Harmony is at the cusp with 47 hours, but none of the NFI rifts have taken longer than 8 hours. Something is indeed terribly wrong >.<

• Like 1

@Chakron 

Good day.

I am having the issue again where I can`t delete bad skull dump uploads.

Char : axeblade
Server : KangaWU
Cluster: Freedom
Link : https://niarja.com/universes/kangawu/clusters/freedom/skills/axeblade
Error Message That Character doesn't exist for that Universe.

Note : There is a few weird skull up due to the server giving skill gains for sacking rares +
bJ72B04.jpgNote that

Edited by axeblade346

Niarja will be down for a short time while I'm performing some backend updates.

Edit: Back up.

Edited by Chakron
  • Like 1

Messing around with a few more things this evening, thanks for your patience!

• Like 3

Today it was noticed by another in Freedom chat that the Xanadu rift timers were showing 2 start times. After checking the site it seemed normal, until I checked on Google Chrome instead and saw it displaying this:

tSTWUGF.png

17 minutes ago, Chromega said:

Today it was noticed by another in Freedom chat that the Xanadu rift timers were showing 2 start times. After checking the site it seemed normal, until I checked on Google Chrome instead and saw it displaying this:

tSTWUGF.png

All ok on Firefox. Chrome is Google mafia crap, no wonder it malfunctions.

15 hours ago, Chromega said:

tSTWUGF.png

I've had someone query this before,

It seems that its showing the rift in your local time and then also in UTC not sure why..........

Odd, my Chrome doesn't seem to do that. What OS/version are you using, if you can share?

11 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

got error 500 and it said to post here

Well, cut it out.

(What page were you on/what were you trying to do when the error appeared?)

Was trying to register an account,  was the scene right after entering your info

Thought the horse was a capcha at first till it exploded

Well, it's been fun.

Niarja has been around since...at least 2015? I think a simplified version existed before then, but it's hard to remember now. I played Wurm at a very different time in my life. That's over now - I have no interest in the game, have no idea what's going on, and probably couldn't name a single developer if I tried. Niarja is very cheap to run (free) but there are still responsibilities such as performing security and backend upgrades on a regular basis. I've kept it running for 4-5 years past my "don't care" point, but I'm done now.

I'm still very impressed by how many people have enjoyed the tool and talk about it on the forums or in the official Wurm Discord. It's going away, but I'm confident someone will be able to create a new and better version that has all the features I never bothered adding.

All aspects of Niarja.com will shut down on October 1st, 2022. If you've used Niarja Skill Compare before, your "Manage Characters" page now contains a link to download all of your skill uploads into a single CSV file. Whatever tool exists in the future should be able to consume that file and get you caught up.

• Like 21
  • Cat 3

12 minutes ago, Chakron said:

Well, it's been fun.

Niarja has been around since...at least 2015? I think a simplified version existed before then, but it's hard to remember now. I played Wurm at a very different time in my life. That's over now - I have no interest in the game, have no idea what's going on, and probably couldn't name a single developer if I tried. Niarja is very cheap to run (free) but there are still responsibilities such as performing security and backend upgrades on a regular basis. I've kept it running for 4-5 years past my "don't care" point, but I'm done now.

I'm still very impressed by how many people have enjoyed the tool and talk about it on the forums or in the official Wurm Discord. It's going away, but I'm confident someone will be able to create a new and better version that has all the features I never bothered adding.

All aspects of Niarja.com will shut down on October 1st, 2022. If you've used Niarja Skill Compare before, your "Manage Characters" page now contains a link to download all of your skill uploads into a single CSV file. Whatever tool exists in the future should be able to consume that file and get you caught up.

Chakron, thank you for everything!

Bonne chance, Chakron!

Niarja did more for the Wurm universe than any other tool. Others tried (myself included), but couldn't come close.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chakron said:

Well, it's been fun.

Thank you for making a great tool for us all to use to not only track our progress, but to keep track of things like Rifts and Unique slayings. It's been very useful to me and my friends. We will miss it, but hopefully, someone with the know-how will take on a similar page.

When downloading all character skill data, I get this error:

500 Internal Server Error
If you are the administrator of this website, then please read this web application's log file and/or the web server's log file to find out what went wrong.
  • Like 1