Sign in to follow this  
Chakron

Niarja - Go use WurmNode!

8 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

i think its a combination of being used to the old design, and maybe the old background and blue text made it easier on the eyes for me? im not really sure but its probably just personal preference or something

the new functionality for stp tracking is awesome

Bottom right hand corner

8e409901fd29ee7ec99bee959b95f8dc.png
https://gyazo.com/8e409901fd29ee7ec99bee959b95f8dc

15a7280032c22c09eca7b670c1374301.png
https://gyazo.com/15a7280032c22c09eca7b670c1374301

or is that not the issue? Text is white now instead of blue, it does seem a bit straining.

Edited by Mclavin

I’ll take a look at that tonight. The blue does seem easier on the eyes.

• Like 1

trying to delete a specific skill dump is white letters on white background when using the dark view.

I missed that one, will fix that tonight too.

Edit: Done

Edited by Chakron

Sometimes when I read those Account for sale Niarja links they seem to have some made up Character names. Is there some good reason to allow players to post these Niarja skill dumps with false names to hide behind? Or am I misunderstanding something here?

=Ayes=

Sometimes it's because their name was already taken. I need to add better functionality for transferring ownership of characters.

Sometimes they just prefer not to use a real name.

This is not something I try to police because I have no 100% way to verify (1) if character names are real and (2) if they are owned by the person that uploaded them. I'd like to be able to automate that, and I'm hoping the character management system they've been working on for a while has some way for characters to "call out" of the system.

Edited by Chakron
  • Like 1

I plan on going through those soon. I try to find automated solutions to problems instead of going through things manually, but some problems are more difficult.

• Like 1

The list of slayers on killed uniques seems to not be in alphabetical order, is that intended?

7 hours ago, boilingfort said:

The list of slayers on killed uniques seems to not be in alphabetical order, is that intended?

Nope, that was a mistake. Fixed it so it's in order again. Player names are also now filterable and sortable.

any chance to get the affinity stars back on there? in some ways it actually made it easier to count them than in game lol

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Lisabet said:

any chance to get the affinity stars back on there? in some ways it actually made it easier to count them than in game lol

Oh crap, where did those go?! I have that data, let me get it added back tonight :)

• Like 2

On 5/20/2019 at 12:11 AM, platinumteef said:

if so im not meaning to be rude, but this is quite unpleasant to look at compared to the previous version

i agree on that one liked the old one better, but i guess u gonna keep working on it so it will look nice again :P

Imo the previous blue color was much nicer, this one hurts my eyes

NEH3Ihf.png

15 hours ago, Chakron said:

I’ll find something that looks better.

Yes. I like the OG feeling. Do like a basic plain text without all the fancy colors. 

The old version had a background image that partially blended into the content - people liked that, and it also made the links and some text easier on the eyes. I’ll return to something like that. The only problem is I need to find/take some good high resolution pictures that I like (that I can then modify to load faster).

What so you mean by an OG version without the “fancy colors”? I haven’t added colors anywhere where they didn’t already exist. The only difference is reds are slightly different reds, greens are slightly different greens, etc to help people with different types of colorblindness distinguish between concepts. The colors have otherwise always been there.

15 hours ago, Chakron said:

The old version had a background image that partially blended into the content - people liked that, and it also made the links and some text easier on the eyes. I’ll return to something like that. The only problem is I need to find/take some good high resolution pictures that I like (that I can then modify to load faster).

What so you mean by an OG version without the “fancy colors”? I haven’t added colors anywhere where they didn’t already exist. The only difference is reds are slightly different reds, greens are slightly different greens, etc to help people with different types of colorblindness distinguish between concepts. The colors have otherwise always been there.

New site is turning out quite fantastic, I really love the new changes and additions.

Would love for you to work in that design a bit more.

Personally, I just liked the older icons more (the round ones) 

PS : Your signature is awesome.

Any plans to add graphs of STP and overall skill points over time like the skills have?

• Like 1

Whaaa?

Internal Error - 500

There was an internal error.

Please post in this thread if this problem continues.

Trying to view my skills.....

Does anyone else have issues with uploading dump files to Niarja? When I choose the dump file and hit Submit, it says failed. Problem solved, it was caused by the NoScript extension.

Edited by Trevize

I believe the rift timers are going to be wrong because the times were manually moved. I will update the timers tonight. Sorry if you were relying on those, I think I’ll miss the first few.

While I was busy playing other games you all apparently launched another server!

Jackal has been added to Niarja. You can also now upload your Jackal Cluster skills to Niarja Skill Compare.

I'm working on building out Jackal-specific views, and I guess we'll need to go with some kind of "Seasons" for Jackal skills and events? I'll start to build that once we know more.

Let me know if you run into any major problems because I threw this together in like 10 minutes, whee

Edited by Chakron