Sign in to follow this  
Chakron

Niarja - Go use WurmNode!

Can you PM me a copy of your skill dump? You can put it on pastebin if you’d like. Also interested in your account email (share via PM, not here). Thanks.

just adding this aswell might be a Deliverence thing why i cant update and so on, but rift hasnt update aswell there... seen that beem some time now....

perhaps i am blocked from server since ill tried upload my skills, other ppl can see i cant.

I'm taking a look at your skill dump now.

I'm not sure what you mean by a Deliverance thing. The Deliverance Rift appears correct. Keep in mind that Rifts aren't available after they first appear. Take a look at this for a different view.

Edited by Chakron

MrCoolMan, you are attempting to upload a skill dump that is not in English. Please note this on the bottom of the upload page:

"Note: If your client language is not English, please convert the date on the first line of your skill dump file to an English one. For example, '2015-maj-10' can become something like '2015-Mar-10' or 'March 10, 2015'. Most formats will work, just make sure it's in English!"

That is necessary because I currently do not do any kind of localization. I may do that in the future. I will also update the site so you see a better error message when you try to upload a non-English dump.

Your previous uploads probably worked because the Swedish to English translation was the same. "Oct/Okt" was not.

Thanks.

• Like 1

ill look in to it, i dont know why i do swedish logs, my whole system is english for better updates and so on...

thnx for ur help ill fix it when ill got some sleep i found the problem.

Hey Chakron.. cool service you provide.. I have the account details for psalamon and i'd like to pass them onto the new psalamon owner how would I go about doing this and has he inquired as I may have expected?? And can I change the email tat is associated with the Psalamon Skill Dump?? As I don;'t want the new owner using ,my email.. maybe you could handle the transaction if he is interested.. i'll keep trying to contact view in game chat..as I have not been approached on forums and he may not know my in game pseudonym either...

I haven't been contacted about Psalamon. The new owner just has to let me know what their email address is on their Niarja account. Then I can transfer the character to them.

I've temporarily disabled Skill Dump uploads to Niarja Skill Compare. I'm going to bed, and the two new skills should release within the next few hours. It's suspected that they'll replace Artifacts and Turrets due to some affinity-related limitations, but that's not a sure thing. The Test Server isn't up so I can't check.

Uploads will re-enabled when I get home from work tomorrow. Everything else on the site continues to work normally.

Edited by Chakron
  • Like 2

Uploads are back online, go wild. The two new skills currently don't have an icon and are in the "Other" section, but I'll get that fixed up later tonight.

The WO developers ended up directly converting the old Artifacts and Turrets skills to the new skills, so some players may already have points (from things like sacrificing rare items). Some players already have "20" in the skill which most likely indicates a WU account uploaded as a WO account. It's not a big problem but I'll go through and clean those up eventually. For STP purposes the new skills use the "standard" skill difficulty. That will be adjusted if/when we have more information.

Edited by Chakron

On 4/18/2016 at 8:39 PM, Chakron said:

HFC is one of those fuzzy skills that I had to make a judgment call on*. It's hard to level any skill to 100, but I think it's easier with HFC because you get to gain skill while ignoring timers. That's not to say there's not work involved (and even if you pay someone to do it, maybe you can consider that a character investment you should get points for anyway :)). Everyone has the ability to grind HFC so I decided to leave it alone rather than try to come up with what I thought was a fair adjustment. Even that would be biased and not a complete solution.

I also really don't intend for people to AIM for a high STP. Spending time on a character doesn't directly make it a good. I'd rather have a character with every skill at 90 than a character that has a few skills at 100. STP is a measure of time spent rather than character quality. For most people, Niarja is a way to share their characters with their friends. There are also the "super users" who play Wurm a lot and would like to see how their characters measure up on an STP-like concept. It's neat trivia but I don't see anyone aspiring to be in the Top 10 List. I'm interested in what people would consider a measure of a "good" character. It would probably include a combination of characteristics, 50/70/90/100 titles, and maybe a few other things. Wurm is also a game that is open to many play styles so I don't want to define what it means to be "good". I have a deed on Xanadu where I do nothing but breed crabs. I consider that a play style but it's also completely insane and pointless. And I'm good at it.

*Fighting is another one. People are probably curious why I excluded that one. It's messy.

Just for the record ... i DO aspire to be in the top 10 list... its my whole reason for existence now :) and to fill my page with pretty colors next to each skill!!!!

i also would still like a page where i can manipulate the page... reorder the skills how i want or completely hide them so i can make a page of current skills i want to work on or something thats pretty and neat ;) or just display to people the ones i want :) rather than all of em.

Edited by KrisWald
added for chak

I uploaded a skill dump to a character, worked just fine.   About 1.5 hours later I dumped a new skills log and uploaded and it just refreshes the page.  It's not uploading/updating.  I have no idea what's wrong, there are no error messages on your site.   There should be no issues with the file, it's dumped straight from Wurm Online and nothing has changed, language or otherwise.

Any idea what is going on?

That's correct, is that what you were trying to do? The multi-upload page is pretty clear about that, but I might not have returned a useful message when you're uploading one skill dump at a time.

Ah yes it was, I had no idea there was a limit.   was indeed using the single upload page.   I'd been grinding all day and made considerable progress, so guess I'll just have to wait to upload each day.  Thanks :)

Edited by Nomadikhan

It wouldn't be difficult for me to allow multiple uploads a day (I have the full timestamp after all), I just work on Niarja very slowly when I have free time :) But I appreciate the feedback!

What neeeds to get your server on niarja? Just wondering.

A link to your twitter account and stats.xml files. I'm actually really late adding someone else's server, I just haven't gotten to it yet :(

How can I upload data from a lapsed-prem toon and have it show my actual data and not my skill capped data?

Edited by Wort
clarity

1 hour ago, Wort said:

How can I upload data from a lapsed-prem toon and have it show my actual data and not my skill capped data?

Expired prem? Relog, your skills will be shown as you were prem... f1-console -> "dump skills", upload your latest skill dump.

On 4/22/2018 at 5:55 PM, Finnn said:

Expired prem? Relog, your skills will be shown as you were prem... f1-console -> "dump skills", upload your latest skill dump.

This is what I did. When I uploaded it, it read out as 30.0s for my characteristics and 20.0s for my skills.

Mind PMing me the skill dump? I can take a look.

• Like 1

The farming ranking is super weird. I'm not sure how it decides who is top out of the people who have 100 skill.

Chronologically of when people hit 100 farming and when they uploaded their dumps (it's the same order) it hsould be Trevize,  Hailene (me), Inspiria and then Ehizellbob.

Instead the order is Inspiria , Ehizellbob, Trevize, and then Hailene. Oddly when you look at the top 50 list it says Inspiria, Ehizellbob, Hailene, and then Trevize. This isn't even alphabetical order since I comes after E and H!

So just wanted to see what was up.