Sign in to follow this  
Chakron

Niarja - Go use WurmNode!

1 hour ago, Capi said:

This is for epic only:

You have the option to toggle epic curve on.

It scales up everything though. There are skills that arent affected (Body stats, meditating, fighting etc) that dont change. would be neat if you can fix that.

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/The_Curve#Exceptions

Thanks, I forgot about that. Will take care of it tonight.

Fixed. No longer epic scaling on:

Fighting, Faith, Lockpicking, Locksmithing, Digging, Meditating, Paving, Prospecting.

Let me know if I missed any (I feel like there should be more).

Well digging does scale. Just not the slopes you can dig. So you get scaled up ql dirt but can't dig higher slopes than actual skill x3

Same for paving

Edited by Capi

I know I have posted here before with the gratitude, but I must do it once more. I have to thank you for the amazing site, it's so full of information I tend to check every few days. Especially rift information is the one I've been frequently checking for. And I like the fact very much that you maintain and update the site actively. :) Cannot adore more this type of player-made content!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Capi said:

Well digging does scale. Just not the slopes you can dig. So you get scaled up ql dirt but can't dig higher slopes than actual skill x3

Same for paving

Yeah I wasn't sure what call to make there. I'll switch those two skills back.

8 hours ago, Kadmint said:

I know I have posted here before with the gratitude, but I must do it once more. I have to thank you for the amazing site, it's so full of information I tend to check every few days. Especially rift information is the one I've been frequently checking for. And I like the fact very much that you maintain and update the site actively. :) Cannot adore more this type of player-made content!

Thanks!!

Edit: Epic Digging and Paving scale again. It's not perfect (Digging kinda halfway scales for example), but it's good enough for now.

Edited by Chakron

Edit: Double posting on these forums is really getting ridiculous.

Edited by Chakron

Performing minor backend updates. Might be offline for a minute or two.

Edit: Back up.

Edited by Chakron

FYI - The servers currently are not tweeting. The rift page will be wrong, and other pages will be missing data. Some events if not re-tweeted will be unrecoverable and I will have to come up with a plan for dealing with that.

I'm seeing tweets again. I will make some manual corrections tonight but they should be minor. I may ask for help with a few small things.

It looks like everything that was missing went out at once. A few things will be a few hours off when they actually happened, but that isn't a big deal. I will manually fix the Rift ending times for Xanadu, Deliverance, and Independence Rifts tonight.

• Like 1

I have someone pulling the Independence Rift end time for me but I am still looking for Xanadu and Deliverance. Please share if you know when those ended, thanks!

18 hours ago, sgtscum said:

sgtscum is Chief of JennKellon  fyi

Ill get that fixed tomorrow. I also need to fix Chanpions to go with the new rules, among other things. Thanks.

You're the leader of Jenn Kellon now. Happen to know how the error happened? Tweets went like this:

2017-07-26 00:40:44 | Vixen no longer is the Chieftain of Jenn Kellon

2017-07-26 00:40:09 | Vixen is appointed new Chieftain of Jenn Kellon

2017-07-26 00:40:08 | Sgtscum no longer is the Chief of Jenn Kellon

2017-07-26 00:39:13 | Sgtscum is appointed new Chief of Jenn Kellon

Anti-spam maybe?

Could starting values for characteristics please be deducted from STP values? it feels kinda skewed that my mind logic 20.136 i got from just enough fighting to get my FS to 12 is worth about as much as carpentry 87, which even with  carpentry being one of the easier skills to grind is pretty impressive from my perspective, and it's not really fun or useful that anything i worked hard on to grind in the few months i've been playing being nowhere near the values of even my least invested characteristics. It also makes the total STP value rather meaningless because while it's not unfair if everyone is getting starting characteristics calculated, i did some math and it turns out 83.45% of my total STP value is derived from stats that where mostly raised from exactly the same actions the other 16.55% was based on.

I thank you for attention in advance and really love the tool besides this issue and i hope it'll become more popular

• Like 1

On 9/29/2017 at 6:55 AM, Kaasbaas said:

Could starting values for characteristics please be deducted from STP values? it feels kinda skewed that my mind logic 20.136 i got from just enough fighting to get my FS to 12 is worth about as much as carpentry 87, which even with  carpentry being one of the easier skills to grind is pretty impressive from my perspective, and it's not really fun or useful that anything i worked hard on to grind in the few months i've been playing being nowhere near the values of even my least invested characteristics. It also makes the total STP value rather meaningless because while it's not unfair if everyone is getting starting characteristics calculated, i did some math and it turns out 83.45% of my total STP value is derived from stats that where mostly raised from exactly the same actions the other 16.55% was based on.

I thank you for attention in advance and really love the tool besides this issue and i hope it'll become more popular

That is a good call out.

Players no longer get STP from starting values for Mind Logic, Mind Speed, Body Strength, Body Stamina, Body Control, Soul Strength, and Soul Depth.

Let me know if you see any issues. Some summaries may take up to 15 minutes to update.

• Like 1

The "STP" metric itself is kind of controversial. It's there for people who enjoy that kind of thing, but it's definitely hard to come up with the "right" metric. I'm always happy to hear your feedback on it.

Edited by Chakron

I am keeping an eye on the new skills, and the changes to Epic and how skill gain will work. Any changes to how skill gain works will make the "STP" number invalid, and it will have to be temporarily removed until a new metric can be generated.

@Chakron

Hey, your epic curve button isn't working.

PLS FIX SO I CAN DROOL OVER DADDS SKILLS.

@ChakronIm the new owner of Marlon and I wanted to update the skills on niarja but I cant cause I didnt make it on there what do I do??

23 minutes ago, Gawain said:

@ChakronIm the new owner of Marlon and I wanted to update the skills on niarja but I cant cause I didnt make it on there what do I do??

PM me with the email address you registered on Niarja (and ideally some kind of proof that you own Marlon).

@Chakron

Hey, your epic curve button isn't working.

PLS FIX SO I CAN DROOL OVER DADDS SKILLS.

Works for me, I'll need more details. And Dadd doesn't even play on Epic vOv

@Chakron

Ok so it appears to work with some dumps and not others, I can do it with the account Net and Outji but not Daddepic.

45 minutes ago, Rudie said:

@Chakron

Ok so it appears to work with some dumps and not others, I can do it with the account Net and Outji but not Daddepic.

Fixed.

• Like 1

so i cant update my my skills on freedom i tried now in 3 days same error...

Error 500

horse.gif

There was an internal error. What were you trying to do?

ill getting

sorry the caps it took from site when ill pasted it here

Edited by MrCoolMan