Sign in to follow this  
Chakron

Niarja - Go use WurmNode!

I pushed out some changes to Niarja today.

-The first thing that's kind of nice to have is the "Show More" buttons. From any Niarja Live page you can expand most of the tables to load more tweets for that particular cluster/server.

-I added some icons next to server names and put header images on all the tables to hopefully make the site look less data-heavy.

-Sklotopolis is officially the first Wurm Unlimited server to be added to Niarja Live.

-Fixed a bug that caused Niarja to ignore some Kingdom Title appointments.

And there's some housekeeping to talk about. I messed with some colors and backgrounds so if you see anything super ugly (particularly when using the "Light Theme" aka The Theme I Never Use) let me know.

Wurm Unlimited integration is an interesting problem. Sklotopolis has its own page and its data won't show up on other pages. But Niarja was foolishly built to assume that player names would be unique. I'm working on de-coupling that now but until then keep in mind that different players can share the same name. Here's an example of a player that's on both WO and WU. Might be the same person (probably is), but could be someone completely different.

I'm also working on a separate Wurm Unlimited area for Skill Compare. It doesn't make sense to upload character data there now because WU servers can have wildly different rates. If you want to use Skill Compare with a WU character, please upload a "private" character until I can get that worked out. Thanks!

Edited by Chakron
  • Like 4

awesome website ! Keep up the good work and thanks for adding Sklotopolis :)

Report: The new headers don't play nicely in the mobile layout.

Spoiler

8ee17a7260.jpg

Also, Sklo is missing from the dropdown in that layout.

Nice work, though!

Sklo has been added on the mobile view. Header images have been excluded on the mobile view.

Mobile has low traffic so making it look nice has not been my highest priority. Looks like there are still a few odd-looking things and missing elements. I'll fix them as I find them.

Population graphs should now be in your local time zone (if they're not, let me know. Time zones get kind of weird).

At the same time, I broke population graphs on mobile. That's difficult to troubleshoot but I'm looking into it.

If you click "Show More" then visit another page the population graph will also be broken (can be fixed by refreshing). I'm uh, looking into that too. I still prefer having times local even with these bugs so we'll live with this for a few days.

Edited by Chakron

On 23.10.2016 at 8:48 AM, Chakron said:

I pushed out some changes to Niarja today.

-The first thing that's kind of nice to have is the "Show More" buttons. From any Niarja Live page you can expand most of the tables to load more tweets for that particular cluster/server.

-I added some icons next to server names and put header images on all the tables to hopefully make the site look less data-heavy.

-Sklotopolis is officially the first Wurm Unlimited server to be added to Niarja Live.

-Fixed a bug that caused Niarja to ignore some Kingdom Title appointments.

And there's some housekeeping to talk about. I messed with some colors and backgrounds so if you see anything super ugly (particularly when using the "Light Theme" aka The Theme I Never Use) let me know.

Wurm Unlimited integration is an interesting problem. Sklotopolis has its own page and its data won't show up on other pages. But Niarja was foolishly built to assume that player names would be unique. I'm working on de-coupling that now but until then keep in mind that different players can share the same name. Here's an example of a player that's on both WO and WU. Might be the same person (probably is), but could be someone completely different.

I'm also working on a separate Wurm Unlimited area for Skill Compare. It doesn't make sense to upload character data there now because WU servers can have wildly different rates. If you want to use Skill Compare with a WU character, please upload a "private" character until I can get that worked out. Thanks!

Thanks for adding us to your awesome service :)

I can't seem to get the 5/10/25/50 buttons to work. I tried re-loading the page, different servers, just doesn't do anything. I use firefox with no-script add-on. Niarja is whitelisted (tried whitelisting whole page). I also tried IE (11? whatever is part of windows 10) and they didn't work there either.

• Like 1

I'm looking into that. They're working for me (on different machines, browsers, operating systems) but they aren't working for me on mobile. I suspect that's related to your problem.

I didn't test these updates on mobile for the first time and it clearly shows.

I very much enjoy your latest update. Keep up the awesome work! :)

Fixed most of the stuff that I accidentally broke. The "Show More" buttons now work on Firefox & Mobile Devices. Population graphs will no longer disappear after clicking "Show More" buttons then changing the page. Population graphs are also working on Mobile again. I'm having some trouble getting the time labels to draw on iPad Chrome but other than that I think everything is back to normal.

On ‎20‎.‎05‎.‎2016 at 11:42 AM, rixk said:

Just a small request.. The list where all the "snapshots" are. Would it be possible to make it, so you can open characters skillsheet from each individual upload? Just to see what the skills were for example two years ago.

This would still be cool. :)

Also, when I open skill detail view, then the text on the graph is basically unreadable on IE.

qiMLdOA.png

Edited by rixk

Greetings Lord Chakron...

I love Niarja and use it all the time (Have it up in the background).

1 thing i would love to see added if possible.... the Rift data you have for  "Rift Appeared" and "Rift Closed" mainly the time and date stamp.... would it also be possible to add a "Rift opening" time stamp ?

The amount of times i have seen players trying to work out the open time (and get it wrong, thats me aswell by the way) i have lost count so it would be Awesome to also have an opening time for the Rift.

I might be asking for something that can't be done but would like to ask about it just in case.

Thanks again for a great wurm tool.... your doing a awesome job m8. ;)

3 hours ago, Garit said:

Greetings Lord Chakron...

I love Niarja and use it all the time (Have it up in the background).

1 thing i would love to see added if possible.... the Rift data you have for  "Rift Appeared" and "Rift Closed" mainly the time and date stamp.... would it also be possible to add a "Rift opening" time stamp ?

The amount of times i have seen players trying to work out the open time (and get it wrong, thats me aswell by the way) i have lost count so it would be Awesome to also have an opening time for the Rift.

I might be asking for something that can't be done but would like to ask about it just in case.

Thanks again for a great wurm tool.... your doing a awesome job m8. ;)

https://niarja.com/rifts

This is a temporary page I set up to help some players track rifts across multiple servers. It will make it to the main page soon.

New Chaos PMKs Dreadnaught Dynasty, Pandemonium, and The Crusaders have been added to Niarja. I'm working on new things now including suggestions in this thread and suggestions that have been PMed to me, but it will be a little while.

You can remove Empire of Mol Rehan, that kingdom get disbanded few days ago. And can you add Pendemonium Chief - Evadaly.

Thanks for doing great job on this website :)

Edited by valodis
forgot to tell something.

I removed Empire of Mol Rehan (and noted what a PMK disband looks like). Also manually added Evadaly as Chieftain. Any idea why a tweet wasn't sent for that? Evadaly is clearly in charge but the Tweets go Evadaly -> Champ -> Evadaly -> No Replacement. Then Evadaly starts handing out titles. Odd.

• Like 1

Niarja is intentionally down for about 10 minutes while I test some alarms. Thanks.

Edit: Back up in 3 minutes, go team me.

Edited by Chakron

-Wurm Unlimited support has been added to Niarja Skill Compare. Let me know if you run into any bugs, because you might.

-Epic skill dumps now have a "Show with Epic Curve" button.

-Some small bugs were fixed.

I have some concrete plans and cool things I want to do with Niarja, but first I have some bugs and technical debt I need to deal with. A lot of elements on the site don't look very good right now. There are issues with the different css files, bad wording in places, unclear instructions, etc. And there's some bad code on both the front-end and back-end. I am going to be quietly fixing that for a few weeks. You may notice some minor changes on the site, but most of what happens will be hidden from the player. Once I get that worked out, cool things will start to happen again.

• Like 1

The "Skill Detail View" tab shows nothing but empty space, is this normal or is something not working for me?

Have you uploaded more than one skill dump? If there's only one, there is no trend to show. I need to add some messaging to reflect that.

Edit: I took a look at your private character sheet and it does look like something is wrong. I'm looking into it.

Edited by Chakron
  • Like 1

I'm performing a minor version upgrade on the database. The site will be down for a few minutes.

Edit: Back up, have fun.

Edited by Chakron
  • Like 2

On 3/3/2017 at 10:46 PM, Chakron said:

Have you uploaded more than one skill dump? If there's only one, there is no trend to show. I need to add some messaging to reflect that.

Edit: I took a look at your private character sheet and it does look like something is wrong. I'm looking into it.

On 3/8/2017 at 1:54 AM, Chakron said:

I'm performing a minor version upgrade on the database. The site will be down for a few minutes.

Edit: Back up, have fun.

Thanks!  Is still appears to not work, as you may have seen I've uploaded 3-4 dumps.

Edited by Nomadikhan

Sorry, I still need to take a look. Minor version upgrade on the DB was unrelated, that's just security stuff.

Maybe a silly question - is there a way to change the email address I use to log in to Niarja? I'm closing the email account I've used at signup and would like to keep the data I've uploaded on my characters...

Edited by Jaz