Sign in to follow this  
Chakron

Niarja - Go use WurmNode!

Well, it's been fun.

Niarja has been around since...at least 2015? I think a simplified version existed before then, but it's hard to remember now. I played Wurm at a very different time in my life. That's over now - I have no interest in the game, have no idea what's going on, and probably couldn't name a single developer if I tried. Niarja is very cheap to run (free) but there are still responsibilities such as performing security and backend upgrades on a regular basis. I've kept it running for 4-5 years past my "don't care" point, but I'm done now.

I'm still very impressed by how many people have enjoyed the tool and talk about it on the forums or in the official Wurm Discord. It's going away, but I'm confident someone will be able to create a new and better version that has all the features I never bothered adding.

All aspects of Niarja.com will shut down on October 1st, 2022. If you've used Niarja Skill Compare before, your "Manage Characters" page now contains a link to download all of your skill uploads into a single CSV file. Whatever tool exists in the future should be able to consume that file and get you caught up.

Edited by Chakron
  • Like 39

Interesting. This is pretty much what i wanted my site to be, except i never got around to implementing most of that :P

If you're interested i can share the tweet history for freedom server in an SQL or CSV file, i have tweets going back well into 2013 for most freedom servers.

• Like 1

That would be incredibly helpful. I definitely did not intend to step on any of your work. I'm not much of a unique guy - I'm much more interested in what can be done with some of the other data. I need to get to bed but tomorrow morning I'll shoot over an email address and you can send me a CSV if you'd like. Thanks!

That would be incredibly helpful. I definitely did not intend to step on any of your work. I'm not much of a unique guy - I'm much more interested in what can be done with some of the other data. I need to get to bed but tomorrow morning I'll shoot over an email address and you can send me a CSV if you'd like. Thanks!

Check your PMs :P

Edit: If anyone else wants access to the data - PM me and i'll give you a link. I'd post it in the open but people randomly downloading it will kill my dropbox and i don't have time right now to put it on some proper hosting look here: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/120023-too-many-wurms-updated-thread/#entry1251463

Edited by bdew
  • Like 1

Looks like the Elevation shutdown is going as expected. In a few hours I'll kill that unique entry. I'll also fill in the tweets helpfully provided by bdew tonight.

In related news - a new Champion White Dragon has spawned on the Freedom cluster!

Edit: And it's dead! Initially a few extra slayers but I finally pushed out the code change to fix that. Grats to Wild MR for coming over to Freedom and sniping some more drake.

Edited by Chakron

Nice

Obviously more volcanoes are needed.

Edited by Klaa

This is tremendous. And oh look who's the score leader for global spells, Mr. Yellowfinger ...

• Like 1

Great tool, thanks for creating and sharing!

I've filled in most of bdew's historical data (except for settlements and historic kingdom titles) and it looks like I probably didn't screw it up too badly. bdew gave me a few unique kills that Too Many Wurms didn't have and they bring Cerber up to a total of 61 kills (was: 58)! I've added links to each players' kill tweet to both the unique view and the player view. Now there's actually...proof.

Edit: Looks like there might be a problem with number of champion kills. Not exactly a critical issue, I'll fix it tomorrow :)

Edited by Chakron

Bump for righteousness.

And

I'm just going to *relax* in this thread not about whether GM's should be publicly explicating why they have deleted comments possibly derailing and griefing WTS threads begun by possible scammers reported as griefers and possibly already dealt with by GM action.

Ahh.

Thanks again.

I've filled in most of the older data and make some changes to the server views. Everything should be good except for Champion kill counts, which I still need to fix up.

13 living uniques right now - get out there and do your part!

Edited by Chakron

Hello Wurm Friends,

I just pushed out a few minor (but nice) things in preparation for a fairly large update that's coming over the next few days. I'm pretty excited about it and I think you'll really enjoy it and get a lot of use out of it.

In case you didn't notice, Niarja worked pretty well on your phone or tablet! Pretty well. Almost perfect. Not perfect. I have fixed basically all of the issues. Even with a narrow phone used vertically everything should look good and be easy to read. Graphs also properly redraw themselves now when you change your viewport orientation or resize your browser window. Try it out! There's still an issue with the main menu when using a specific view size (you'll often run into it if you're using an 8 or 9 inch tablet held vertically), but that'll be completely resolved when the large update is released.

• Like 2

Niarja Skill Compare is live. Check out the main forum thread.

Let's see what else happened with Niarja...

------

-Epic and Chaos now include outpost conquerings/neutralizations/etc

-Epic and Chaos now show notable kills (champion kills and kills of notable players)

-Unique timers now show "In Progress" rather than a negative date when an event is past due

-HotAs now show "The Hunt is on!" when a hunt is in progress, rather than a negative date

-HotA timers have been moved to the top of the Chaos & Epic pages

-Views for Kingdom Broadcasts have been a bit improved and they're less critical of input data now

-Looking at the death of an individual unique is a bit nicer now.

-Fixed an issue where graph fonts didn't render properly in firefox on ubuntu

-Everything on the site now requires traffic to pass through SSL

-An issue with the width of the main menu on tablets has been addressed

-Global spell casts, villages, and other various views have been fixed so they show your local time rather than UTC

Coming up next - bug fixes and more improvements & new features on the main page of Niarja.

• Like 1

just adding that idea here aswell.

Tools like this u can use to do diffrent area work, like in merchant area, when u do a advert about ur self, so do some sections to link a custom section for that area, that will make this site so value for so many ppl in wurm =)

Very good work here =)

• Like 1

Excellent job! Keep it up, please!

I just love this. I have been wanting a way to see who owns certain villages. Now I can search. Also a way to see what certain players have done. Thanks so much to all who contribute to this.

For the Skill Compare: Please can you change the red highlight for 90 skills it is distorting the text to make it unreadable.

Edited by Lolabelle

For the Skill Compare: Please can you change the red highlight for 90 skills it is distorting the text to make it unreadable.

Could you please post a screenshot? I'm not able to recreate this. Thanks.

Changes, Upcoming Features, and Bugs are now being tracked directly on the About Page.

Edited by Chakron