Sign in to follow this  
Toecutter

Name and shame?

Negative actions will always have consequences, no matter who you are. Fact.

Don't make me have to show more pictures...

Negative actions will always have consequences, no matter who you are. Fact.

Not as long as people continue to insist that such negative actions be immediately swept under the rug, and forbidden to ever be mentioned again.

Negative actions should always have consequences; but as a society and a community we do have the ability to reduce or remove those consequences if we so choose.  It is clear from these discussions that there is a portion of the population who would choose to do just that.

As I said before, naming is one thing, but shaming to meet your own desires is something completely different.

As I said before, naming is one thing, but shaming to meet your own desires is something completely different.

The purpose of public naming is shaming; you can't separate the two.  That's the meaning of the phrase "name and shame": to publicly state who the person is and what they did wrong so that others are aware of it.  If you only give a name, but no other information as to what they may have done (which would be naming without shaming), then what is the point?

Edited by Karys

where did you live then?  cause as I said I been living all over MR and just recently in JK and what you speak of, I Hardly see.  sure I have seen some BL's come to JKH and do some schuff, but it wasn't like they leveled deeds and stuff, the kills they got were peeps they caught off deed.  and in MR they would come, but unless you lived right on the side where BL comes in and you were out in a boat,  you were relatively safe. Though I do remember one other time BL guys caught me while I was in a boat in MR.  but then again I was in a boat headin for ele.  so. . .

My final suggestion to all that have these ghost stories of Epic.  come try it for a week, I bet ya change ya minds.

I lived on the East coast of Serenity, and yes it was off-deed. All that remains is a guard tower called "Wallis Ridge."  Again, I make no complaint that anything done to me was against the rules. I only state that raiders came with the sole purpose of causing grief and frustration for other players. There was no wealth or kingdom benefit to anything they did, just malicious enjoyment. Granted, this was over a year ago. The old neighborhood is more like a ghost town now.

Anyway, not intending to hijack the thread. Just stating that, depending on your game goals, your mileage may vary with the Epic Servers.

Edited by the_kingfish