Sign in to follow this  
Galatyn

Event message if slayed unique drops a tome

A message in local range would do..

[12:34:56]  Ardraug fails to butcher a brain, it's a troll after all.

• Like 1

What you pointed to and what he is talking about are not the same thing. You pointed to swindling. He's talking about taking an item off a corpse. Uncool and swindling are not the same. Uncool is allowed. There's no rule against it. There is a rule against scamming. Don't "lol" too loudly before you find out you are lol'ing at yourself. You didn't even quote the OP. :-/

And for your information, this thread is about an alleged taking of a item off a a unique when no such thing dropped at all. It's pure and simple "dragon drama." Dragon drama is also not theft.

Who made you the authority for defining the word "theft"?

Where is it written that I must quote the OP to stay on topic?

Why are you trying to bicker like a child over semantics?

If a group of criminals walk into a bank and one of them sticks a pound of diamonds into his pocket without telling the others, do you think he's going to be accused of being "uncool" when they find out?

No. Scamming is still theft; whether or not you told someone Silver would be in the crate the next day or stole a tome from a unique when splitting a job with peers... it's all the same thing. THEFT.

My point is, in Wurm, the GM's decide what's what. Sometimes theft is allowed (items not tied down) and sometimes game-wide bans are thrown around at the discretion of the staff.

You can keep running in circles in this argument all you want.

Theft is theft and it's not always allowed.

Who made you the authority for defining the word "theft"?

Where is it written that I must quote the OP to stay on topic?

Why are you trying to bicker like a child over semantics?

If a group of criminals walk into a bank and one of them sticks a pound of diamonds into his pocket without telling the others, do you think he's going to be accused of being "uncool" when they find out?

No. Scamming is still theft; whether or not you told someone Silver would be in the crate the next day or stole a tome from a unique when splitting a job with peers... it's all the same thing. THEFT.

My point is, in Wurm, the GM's decide what's what. Sometimes theft is allowed (items not tied down) and sometimes game-wide bans are thrown around at the discretion of the staff.

You can keep running in circles in this argument all you want.

Theft is theft and it's not always allowed.

Because there was no tome. This thread is about something that didn't exist being stolen. Stolen nothing is nothing stolen.

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/121379-release-black-dragon-slaying-public-loot/?p=1249565

Because there is no rules on looting corpses, from rats to uniques. Deed permissions allow for it or they block it. Items in a corpse are covered by those, eh?

Oh yeah... Deed It or Lose it. That's an all-time favorite around here.

Set your permissions right or lose it. That's a close second to the above.

Don't trust the hosts of the fight? Don't go.

You want to control the looting, pen the unique yourself and kill it with your buddies.

And lastly, I didn't come up with these things. I was against the removal of the Code of Conduct and I was against the removal of Legal Enclosures. The powers that be and the ones who whisper to them wanted it this way. It's the way it is now.

And to find the authority on what is theft and what is not, just go read the forums here. Any questions, direct them to the "Deed It or Lose It" crowd.

EDIT: Just don't call a thief a thief. That is a worse crime than theft.

Edited by Audrel

Everything is intended, until it's changed. Then it was a bug.

• Like 1

Since my computer always locks up for 5 minutes after the unique drops... I have no idea of what happens.

But the logical thought process on the butcher's behalf would be to keep the corpse on the floor so that others can open the inventory and watch what spawns, that way they don't get accused of sliding an item (sliding refers to moving an item from one container to another (i.e. inventory), where it doesn't show up on event tab.)

More important issues to be fixed before adding even more insignificant crap

More important issues to be fixed before adding even more insignificant crap

Careful, speaking like that will get your teeth knocked out.

cwutididthur

Some of u people should realize the tome drops before the butcher. And worst case the butcher can make a screenshot of the eventlog where it says if something failed or succesfully butchered.

But the tome is not even part of the butcher, it is already there before that.

Edited by whykillme
  • Like 1

[02:10:43] A drool-covered Green Cherry drops from one of the Troll King's pockets.

Some of u people should realize the tome drops before the butcher. And worst case the butcher can make a screenshot of the eventlog where it says if something failed or succesfully butchered.

But the tome is not even part of the butcher, it is already there before that.

Even more reason then the butcher should be leaving the corpse on the ground after it falls.

Again, I lock up so I don't know what goes on, but if the butcher picks up the corpse and slides the tome from corpse inventory to their own, nothing in event shows up... no one knows what was done, unless they were fast enough to open the corpse inventory in the split second before the deed owner/butcher picked it up. The same goes for if the corpse is on the ground. The sliding can still be used, but there's much more of a chance that someone else will see it being done.

If all butchers did this, no one would have a leg to stand on when crying about this "possible" problem.

(I want to reiterate that I have no proof to believe that deception is happening, and I have no idea of how the corpse is being handled at the end of events. I am merely stating how I would handle it (and how everyone else should) to minimize the accusations.)

[02:10:43] A drool-covered Green Cherry drops from one of the Troll King's pockets.

Are you pulling this from your logs or suggesting it? If pulled from logs, WTF is this thread even about then??!!!

Edited by As_I_Decay

Even more reason then the butcher should be leaving the corpse on the ground after it falls.

Again, I lock up so I don't know what goes on, but if the butcher picks up the corpse and slides the tome from corpse inventory to their own, nothing in event shows up... no one knows what was done, unless they were fast enough to open the corpse inventory in the split second before the deed owner/butcher picked it up. The same goes for if the corpse is on the ground. The sliding can still be used, but there's much more of a chance that someone else will see it being done.

The problem is that it is possible to pickup a tome from a Unique corpes even if you DO NOT HAVE pickup permissions on this deed.

For this reason, it is required to pickup the corpse so quickly before someone can steal the tome out of the corpse and run away with it. I havent tested if this also works for items after the butcher, but i'm not the one going to try that. A event message would be easier.

• Like 1

wait... so there's not already a "23:12:36 . Soandso gets a whatsit" in the event log when in local like when someone picks up a log or fails to improve an item with a grunt???

wait... so there's not already a "23:12:36 . Soandso gets a whatsit" in the event log when in local like when someone picks up a log or fails to improve an item with a grunt???

Ofcourse there is, if you pickup the corpse. Not what you take from the corpse after its in your inventory.