Sign in to follow this  
Tryfaen

More favor item variety

With Libila priests having a wide variety of saccables through alchemy products which can be acquired in a wide variety of ways, (Specifically through skills they can raise themselves). I was thinking it would be nice for other priests to have more selection.

Fo priests have square pieces of cloth which require cloth tailoring which a fo priest cannot raise easily.

Vyn priests have yoyo's which require carpentry to make, a skill vyn priests cannot easily raise either. or

Mag has locksmithing, which is fine since they can raise effectively and are selfsufficient.

Tosiak unknown.

My thoughts were to give Fo and Vyn(and maybe mag priests too, though they might be happy with what they currently have) more options according to skills they are able to use.

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Priest#Comparison_Table

Fo, can do digging, farming, gardening, alchemy.

For example, I'd like to see dug items give fo more favor. this would especially give things like moss and tar a use in the game beyond simply being a fuel source.

Vyn can do woodcutting, farming, gardening.

For Vyn priests, I think maybe kindling and sprouts.

Mag can do Mining, farming, and gardening

Maybe smelted metal ores could be added as favor items for mag priests which would give a lot of the lesser used metals a use.

Thoughts?

Edited by Tryfaen
  • Like 2

General idea is cool, priests being able to gather for themselves. 

Fo and Vyn have other advantages. Fo is now a great pvp priest with the change to archery. Vyn has some of the most essential spells, woa, coc, aosp.

Lib can't farm so that would need to change, and the taming debuff.

Digging and Ore for favor - What your suggesting is a large change in favor gathering. -1 to that.

Edited by Omar

Yeah it should be more even.

This is what I'm thinking.

Vyn can't even make one of it's double favor items

and neither Fo, nor Vyn can skill up the skills used to make any of their double favor items where Mag and Lib do not have this problem.

• Like 1

Vynora and Fo can grind their skills just as much as Mag/Lib can grind locksmithing/butchering, though creation actions.

Just because they cannot grind it the most effective way does not mean they cannot grind the skill.

The only alchemy products lib priests can obtain themselves are butchering products, which are heavily RNG based and not at all sustainable.

Moss/Tar/kindling/ore you will get at max quality pretty much all the time and can be infinitely obtained (or close to it) if you have a single source/small area.

Having favor items be things you create easily at max quality is just a bad idea, it makes favor stupidly easy to get and would pretty much remove any reason to create the current favor items. (and yes, having crops be double favor is dumb but it isn't a reason to make everything just as bad.)

• Like 1

and neither Fo, nor Vyn can skill up the skills used to make any of their double favor items where Mag and Lib do not have this problem.

Lib can't farm. Butchering for items is inefficient (time, weight, QL etc).

I have to agree with Kagrenac on this one. Not to mention that but the player can always grind the skill up before they priest.

This is what I'm thinking.

Vyn can't even make one of it's double favor items

exactly...

Speaking of which... any idea what Tosiek's is?

which are heavily RNG based

So is casting.

IMO, we shouldn't nerf Libila's item, but instead use it as a standard to buff the others.

Having items that take a stupid number of actions (cloth, yoyos) and require "creative methods" to get respectable quality is bad. Since casting is stupidly random and burns through favor trying to get good casts (*cough* horse gear), I think having easy double favor items would be a good idea. It would allow less tedium replacing lost gear and would let us get on with our lives.

I like the ideas in the OP for the new items. They would allow more variety, less tedium, and less actions that reduce average quality. +1

+1

finally a topic about balancing instead of nerfing one side to hell coz u have some trouble with a said kingdom.

I want to say +1 but pretty much every single time Rolf has decided to change priests in any way it's been for the worse. I imagine that the "more options" would turn into "added restrictions" along the way and that something they currently have going for them would be nerfed instead.

• Like 1

+1, this is probably the best Idea I've ever seen posted here tbh.