Sign in to follow this  
Xallo

Overcrowding and Uniques

Remove overcrowding on uniques.  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Remove overcrowding on uniques.

• Yes
    • No

Please remove overcrowding on uniques. It doesn't make sense that in a huge public event, only a handful of the people present can even attack it.

The first people to attack it, hit it, and back out in large public slayings - the ones who try to play by the rules - often are the ones who get shafted because of this.

It doesn't really do anything anyway, nor does it make it anymore challenging, it just makes it more annoying to host a public event in a community game.

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 26

Yeah, don't see the logic behind limiting the number of attackers on a unique at a public event. +1

I don't see why anyone would -1 this, it's a much needed change! +1 from me

2 fights in the last 3 days I wasn't listed on twitter and I'm not the only one, if it's because we got a hit then backed out to let others have a chance I don't know but it's annoying.

Wurm PvE should be a co-operative community play style.

Overcrowding does nothing but make it less so.

+1 for removing it.

+1 Want to make it more challenging? Spawn a 3 pack of dragons. But 150 wurmians vs 1 dragon with 20 attacker space is just annoying for all the people who traveled to attend.

Edited by Pingpong
  • Like 1

makes sense and makes it easier for organisers making the lists for loot rolls +1

Having to wait to punch a dragon in the face sucks.  +1

+1, It really makes it difficult with the cap to allow all to join in and achieve a hit for title and tweet registration..which can be important for some event rules in keeping fairness.  It otherwise is incumbent upon the players hitting to back out and give a chance to the others putting so much control  on a few for the masses.

Edited by Bloodscythe

I think Rolf tried to make it somewhat realistic in that only a certain number of people could get in to hit it. If there were no limit then wouldn't it go down in a much quicker time therefore inflicting less damage of it's own and providing less chance for others? So then the challenge would also be reduced wouldn't it? Or is it less about the challenge and more about something else? And that would present a logical argument for why someone would not agree to this suggestion. Personally I think the challenge of defeating a unique should remain high. Perhaps it should be up to the community to allow equal opportunity. -1

/me puts on his flame resistant underwear

Edited by Sarcaticous

I think Rolf tried to make it somewhat realistic in that only a certain number of people could get in to hit it. If there were no limit then wouldn't it go down in a much quicker time therefore inflicting less damage of it's own and providing less chance for others? So then the challenge would also be reduced wouldn't it? Or is it less about the challenge and more about something else? And that would present a logical argument for why someone would not agree to this suggestion. Personally I think the challenge of defeating a unique should remain high. Perhaps it should be up to the community to allow equal opportunity. -1

There is no challenge when you can kill a unique with 10 people regardless. That was probably Rolfs intention, but it doesn't work.The only challenging thing about the attacker limit is trying to get people to back out and let others have a chance at hitting, too - you can kill a unique with far fewer than the attacker limit, easily, so it doesn't really matter in terms of difficulty if you have 15 or 50 people on it.

Perhaps if it's important for it to be challenging, make the cr of the unique scale with the amount of people attacking it, rather than simply putting a hard cap on attackers..

• Like 2

I landed a hit, backed off quickly, didn't get credit. Was that the same experience of everyone else who didn't get credit?

+1 One thing to consider is this though...

If nobody backs out, the unique is going to drop very fast and we will have the same issue of people not getting a hit in before it is killed.  The biggest issue is the lack of a proper sync to twitter for the kill list.  Fix that is priority in my opinion.

• Like 1

If the unique moved while fighting? 

The lag alone would make it a challenge if on Xan.  :D