Sign in to follow this  
Wossoo

News Update: Work and Progress. Week 15

New Deity

After a few short weeks as a demigod, Tosiek has ascended to become Wurm's first ever player deity.

Their religion will have a relatively random mix of spells which should hopefully bring out a fun and interesting combination which is not considered overpowered versus the other deities.

For now we are going to keep quiet about what those spells are and allow followers of Tosiek to discover that over the coming weeks and months. We look forward to hearing how it turns out!

Also, when will Nathan finally ascend, guy's been waiting patiently for years for it.

Not trying to bash Tosiek or anything, I mean I'm happy someone finally ascended.

• Like 4

I think he should delay the server shut down and make a new map. I for one would be happy to wait. What he had said before was one BIG island in the middle and 3 SMALL islands surrounding. He should do that. Please...

• Like 14

Good trolling by the GM's for the trolling we did recently about the new map. Now, can we get a real preview?

• Like 1

new plan, swap the bridge and map release

• Like 2

1.) Dat map! :wub:  Seriously, I love it. Reminds me of an 'islands' game of Age of Empires II. However, I'm thinking that this is NOT what the existing Elevation players had in mind, and can see a lot of rage coming over this. Also, I'm sorry to have to say it, but those massive 3 islands look like a long term plan to shut down the home servers. There's no other reason I can see for them to be that huge with a smaller HOTA in the middle.

2.) I didn't know we had rope bridges. That's very cool! :)

3.) Those weapon models. Loves the new style. If that's the huge axe, I might just have to start using one. IMO, much better suited to Wurm than all those 'executioner' style axes I see everyone and their grandmother with.

• Like 1

Tiny mountain islands will result in deeds that can't be raided because you won't be able to climb them and catapulting will be impossible as well

• Like 2

Rolf if you release the map shown there you will quite litterary KILL elevation.

We dont mind if you have to spend another month working on maps.

Get the map right (do NOT rush it), this is a longterm change for a lot of players on epic and people are already considering quitting if it goes live.

If there is mountains on islands or just in general on land, then make not-90-slope-steep hillsides leading up to them so they are remotely raidable.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 8

well, since noone on the pvp side likes the map, can we get it for freedom? I like it. muahahah.. 

Oooo. This. Yes please. I'd move to one of those bitty island and claim it for my own in a heartbeat. :)

• Like 2

That map is bad , like really bad for pvp. Say good bye to roaming at all. This is totally not what you told us it would be or what we were looking for!!

• Like 1

FWIW, good luck getting the map to change. I don't think it'll happen. Rolf's been saying for a while now that he wants to SHAKE UP the status quo in Wurm PVP.

He's not farking around here, folks. He means it. In a big way.

• Like 1

I don't hate the concept of 4 islands. But I would like a bigger central island.

• Like 3

I have to agree with that the center area is really small. It would be much better to expand that area significantly, perhaps double or triple the area.

• Like 12

I don't hate the concept of 4 islands. But I would like a bigger central island.

yeeaahhhh 

• Like 2

and remove these little mountain island.. they just look like they will hold creature spawns

Edited by Hexproof
  • Like 2